Datuk Wira Dr Azizan Osman
Datuk Wira Dr Azizan Osman
Kota Bharu, Kelantan
Datuk Wira Dr. Azizan Osman is a Malaysian entrepreneur, marketing expert, and the founder of RichWorks - The "McKinsey" of SMEs. Azizan is also a Certified Guerrilla-Marketer and the author of ten books, some of which include, "25 Formula Hidup Luar Biasa", "Kenapa Saya Mahu Anda Berjaya", "Mudahnya Berniaga" and “Bangkit Bisnes Dari Krisis.” Azizan is also a philanthropist and the founder of Richwell, an NGO that focuses on helping the needy and underprivileged.
He is a significant shareholder in the Bursa Malaysian company ManagePay (MPay) Berhad.
Azizan has been a recipient of several accolades, including the Darjah Cemerlang Seri Melaka Award, which carries the title "Datuk Wira".
Early life and education
Azizan was born in Kota Bharu, Kelantan, but grew up in Pontian, Johor and later in Melaka. He started as a teenager, selling just about anything from his dormitory during his college days. Azizan obtained his formal education in Chinese as well as a Muslim religious school, which helped him set the foundation for his business acumen.
Azizan completed a Diploma in Investment Analysis at Universiti Teknologi MARA. Thereafter, he pursued a Master of Science (Marketing) at the University of Salford. To keep himself abreast with technology and the evolving business world, Azizan obtained a doctorate in Business Administration from Southwest State University. Pursuing his curiosity further, Azizan is currently a Phd (Business Management) candidate, with Asia e University, Malaysia.
He is a Fellow and Member of The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA & FCMA) (UK) as well as a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) (UK).
Azizan is also an alumnus of Columbia Business School and has earned certifications from Stanford University and NUS Business School. He has earned multiple international certifications and recognition in human sciences and behavior, neuro-semantic and neuro-linguistic programming, hypnotherapy, professional training, leadership management, and guerilla marketing.
Azizan is the Founder and Chairman of Richworks International, who has helped build hundreds of home grown brands including Eskayvie, Sabella, Momentum Internet, Hasnuri, IDW, Oli Collection, PTTI, ByReefa, and Noir, to name a few.
Azizan’s first experience in the corporate world was in a stock-broking firm. He developed a keen passion for stock investments while in college. A year later, he pursued a career in sales. Picking himself up from 2001, he worked as an executive for Appco Group (UK), one of the largest and most successful global sales and marketing companies. Owing to his great track record and exceptional marketing talent, Azizan was given a chance to build his own company, sponsored by his employers. As a Managing Director and Organizational Head for Malaysia, Azizan built a team of talented marketers under his leadership.
During his tenure in the corporate world, Azizan successfully led a sales team of 1,500 executives, managing marketing campaigns nationwide for SMEs and corporate giants. Azizan took his credibility to another level when he was awarded the ‘Chairman’s International Platinum Award’, the highest accolade to be handed out after just two years of service.
In 2008, Azizan made an audacious move to pursue his dream of owning a company. His theories and experiences became the stepping stone for his next multi-million dollar businesses, which brought him huge financial success and growth.
Azizan has also developed many marketing concepts and business strategies, namely ‘M.E.S.T.I’. He has trained over 1,500,000 individuals through live events and online courses in his capacity as a coach and best-selling author. He has helped countless small business owners and corporate organizations generate revenues totaling millions in annual sales.
Azizan is the founder of Richwell, a charitable NGO which raises funds to support the needy and underprivileged, disabled women and children, as well as various social causes, including flood and war-stricken victims.
Awards and Recognition
Azizan and his team were recognised as Malaysia's largest event and seminar organizers in the fields of marketing, motivation, and entrepreneurship by the Malaysia Book of Records in 2012. In 2017, he earned the prestigious World Class Credentialed Master Coach recognition by the International Coach Guild, Australia. Azizan won the Darjah Cemerlang Seri Melaka Award in October 2020, bearing the title "Datuk Wira."
Besides, Azizan has been a recipient of several other awards, as mentioned below:
- Nona Men’s Business Mentor Award 2021
- The Brand Laureate e-Branding Brand Leadership Awards 2020
- Top 50 Marketing & Advertising Leaders Award by MADCon Marketing and Advertising Conference 2019 in Dubai
- Entrepreneur Influencer of the Year by Malaysia SME & Entrepreneurs Business Awards 2019
- Master Entrepreneur Creators by Malaysia SME & Entrepreneurship Business Award 2017-2018
- The 100 Most Influential Young Entrepreneur Award by Entrepreneur Insight 2017
- Best Business Mentorship Provider for Regional Brands by Asia Halal Brand Awards 2017
Azizan has authored and co-authored several books, which are as follows:
- Magnet Kekayaan & Kejayaan
- Kuasai Pemasaran Rahsia Menarik Pelanggan
- Kuasai Pemasaran Facebook
- 25 Formula Hidup Luar Biasa
- Kenapa Saya Mahu Anda Berjaya
- Mudahnya Berniaga
- Zero Kos Marketing
- 100 Usahawan Jutawan – Satu Misi Bantu The Nation
- Bangkit Bisnes Dari Krisis – Solusi Bisnes dan Pemasaran Digital
- Beat The Curve (co-authored with Brian Tracy)
In the media
- "RichWorks International: Impacting the Landscape of Businesses and SMEs Across Asia". Bloomberg.com. 21 June 2021. Retrieved 11 July 2022.
- "Azizan Osman - RichWorks". RichWorks. 9 May 2022. Retrieved 11 July 2022.
- "Siti Nurhaliza's beauty brand to go international through mentorship". The Star. Retrieved 28 July 2022.
- "Azizan Osman". The NYC Journal. 26 March 2022. Retrieved 11 July 2022.
- "RichWorks Mentoring Programme Participants Generate More than $533 Million in Sales". finance.yahoo.com. Retrieved 11 July 2022.
- June 25, Sponsored Content / theedgemarkets com (25 June 2021). "RichWorks aims to guide 10,000 entrepreneurs to achieve RM1 million a year in annual sales". The Edge Markets. Retrieved 28 July 2022.
- Dimitropoulou, Alexandra (29 April 2021). "Business Growth for SMEs: Azizan Osman Discusses Three Acquisition Strategies For ERP And Cloud Platforms". CEOWORLD magazine. Retrieved 11 July 2022.
- Silva, Pia. "Why Attitude Affects Everything (Especially When Looking To Improve Your Bottom-Line)". Forbes. Retrieved 11 July 2022.
- "How Azizan Contributed to the Success of One of Malaysia's Fastest Growing Interior Design Companies". seattledailyobserver.com. Retrieved 11 July 2022.
- Bower, Baden. "Metamorphosis as a Way to Transform Businesses". Digital Journal. Retrieved 11 July 2022.
- Bower, Baden. "Nurturing future entrepreneur and business leaders with passion". Digital Journal. Retrieved 11 July 2022.
- Bower, Baden. "How Richworks helped SMEs to generate $533 million in sales". Digital Journal. Retrieved 11 July 2022.
- "Start your business now!". The Star. Retrieved 28 July 2022.
- Bower, Baden. "Malaysia's Unsung Hero of SMEs, Azizan Osman, Founder of RichWorks International". Digital Journal. Retrieved 11 July 2022.
- "Achieving global recognition". The Star. Retrieved 28 July 2022.