|Born||November 3, 1963|
|Alma mater||Simmons University|
Ann Handley (born November 3, 1963) is an American entrepreneur, digital marketer, content creator, keynote speaker, influencer, and author. She is the founder of ClickZ and MarketingProfs. She is best known as the author of best selling Wall Street Journal bestseller “Everybody Writes”, and the co-author of “Content Rules”.
Early life and education
Handley was born on November 3, 1963, in the United States. As a kid, she wanted to become a writer and started writing a neighborhood newsletter and delivering it to people’s letter boxes. Handley obtained a Bachelor of Arts in English Language and Literature from Simmons University.
Handley started her career in 1985, as an associate editor at banker & tradesman. In April 1990, she joined the Boston globe as a correspondent for the leading source of news and analysis in Boston, Boston Globe, and New England. She also worked as a writer and editor for various business and consumer publications.
In December 2010, Handley started her journey as an author by co-authoring “Content Rules: How to Create Killer Blogs, Podcasts, Videos, Webinars That Engage and Ignite”. The book is one of the best-sellers guiding content writers and businesses worldwide about the power of content marketing. In 2014, Handley became the Wall Street Journal bestselling author of “Everybody Writes: Your Go-To Guide to Creating Ridiculously Good Content”. It serves as a guide for creating content that is creative and engaging and helps in retains the readers. Her books have been translated and published in over 19 languages.
In 2018, she started writing for Total Annarchy Newsletter, which is regarded as the world’s most interesting newsletter that talks about marketing ideas, writing tips, and high-spirited shenanigans.
In September 2022, Handley established MarketingProfs, a marketing training, and education company. The company promotes training content marketers and writers worldwide through its online and in-person education programs with over 600,000 subscribers.
Handley is also an active keynote speaker on topics of digital marketing and content creation. She delivers over 40 talks internationally every year to selected audiences at corporate events and conferences.
As a writer, Handley has contributed bylines and commentary to various international news publications and magazines including, American Express, Huffington Post, Wall Street Journal, NPR, Mashable, Entrepreneur magazine, and IBM’s Think Marketing.
Handley currently lives in Boston, Massachusetts with her husband. She is a dog lover, E.B white superfan, a novice top dancer, and Cavalier King Charles Spaniel enthusiast. She works in a tiny-house office, which showcases her vintage typewriter collection.
Awards and recognitions
- Cited as the most influential woman in social media in Forbes.
- Recognized as one of the top 20 women bloggers by ForbesWoman.
- Named as one of the 7 people shaping modern marketing by IBM.
- Wall Street Journal best-selling author for “Everybody Writes”.
- Content Rules: How to Create Killer Blogs, Podcasts, Videos, Ebooks, Webinars (and More) That Engage Customers and Ignite Your Business: 13. Wiley. 8 June 2012. p. 320. ISBN 978-1118232606. Retrieved 7 September 2022.
- Everybody Writes: Your Go-To Guide to Creating Ridiculously Good Content. Wiley. 4 November 2014. p. 320. ISBN 978-1118905555. Retrieved 7 September 2022.
In the media
- O'Neill, Sarah. "Who is Ann Handley?". www.lxahub.com. Retrieved 7 September 2022.
- McCalman, Shameyka; McCalman, Shameyka (17 March 2022). "Creator Ann Handley Takes Writing Seriously With a Fun Approach". The Tilt. Retrieved 7 September 2022.
- "Ann Handley". The Art Of. Retrieved 7 September 2022.
- "Ann Handley". Content Marketing World. Retrieved 7 September 2022.
- "Ann Handley, Digital Marketing Pioneer, To Be Keynote Speaker At GURU Conference 2022". www.businesswire.com. 19 July 2022. Retrieved 7 September 2022.
- "Inspirational Quotes and Sayings from Ann Handley | EngageBay". www.engagebay.com. Retrieved 7 September 2022.
- Shaughnessy, Haydn. "Who Are the Top 10 Influencers in Social Media?". Forbes. Retrieved 7 September 2022.
- "Ann Handley Quotes (Author of Everybody Writes)". www.goodreads.com. Retrieved 7 September 2022.
- "The Future-Proofed Career". MarketingProfs. Retrieved 7 September 2022.
- Arruda, William. "Tips For Writing Like A Pro, From Top Content Producer Ann Handley". Forbes. Retrieved 7 September 2022.
- "The Ann Handley newsletter and other newsletters we love for pro writers". Copywriting for startups and marketers. 1 March 2022. Retrieved 7 September 2022.
- "Handley Urges Content Creators to Slow Down and Mind the Cockroaches". PRNEWS. 10 May 2019. Retrieved 7 September 2022.
- "Ann Handley". www.amazon.com. Retrieved 7 September 2022.
- Chan, Goldie. "How To Build The Perfect Simple Newsletter With Ann Handley". Forbes. Retrieved 7 September 2022.
- "Content Matters Podcast: Understanding Storytelling in B2B Marketing with Ann Handley". www.ingeniux.com. Retrieved 7 September 2022.
- "Get Writing Tips Right from the Queen of Content, Ann Handley -". SparkPost. 14 March 2022. Retrieved 7 September 2022.
- "Obsess to Perfect: Marketing Insights from Forward 2019 Speaker Ann Handley". Skyword. 6 May 2019. Retrieved 7 September 2022.
- Handley, Ann (3 April 2014). "There's an Art to Telling Your Brand's Story: 4 Ways to Get It Right". Entrepreneur. Retrieved 7 September 2022.
- Handley, Ann (28 August 2015). "6 Secrets About the Human Brain That Will Make You a Better Marketer". Entrepreneur. Retrieved 7 September 2022.
- Brooke, Connor (14 November 2014). "7 Tips From Ann Handley On How To Create Ridiculously Good Content". Business 2 Community. Retrieved 7 September 2022.