|Organization||The Unity Care Group|
Andre Chapman is an African American entrepreneur, business executive, philanthropist, social service enthusiast, author, and speaker. He is the founder of Unity Care Group, a strength-based, family-focused, and culturally-proficient family and youth development agency. He is also the author of the book titled Roses in Concrete, through which he highlights the need and process for transforming the ineffective and inefficient foster care system in the USA. As a nationally and internationally acclaimed speaker and trainer, Chapman is known to address the social inequalities faced by African Americans.
Andre Chapman has been credited with numerous awards for his remarkable contribution towards the improvement and upliftment of communities and social service. He is widely recognized as a high-tech sales professional who left his job to serve the community and transform the foster care, mental health and education, and juvenile justice system throughout Northern California.
Andre Chapman completed his bachelor’s in business administration from San Jose State University in 1988, in marketing and psychology. He later enrolled at the University of Phoenix and completed his master’s in organization management in 2001. Chapman also holds a certification in Strategic Perspectives on Non-Profit Management from the Harvard Business School.
Prior to founding Unity Care, Andre Chapman worked as a sales associate, account manager, regional general manager, and national director of sales for companies such as Businessland Computers, Kellner Systems Inc., NetManage, Aironet Wireless Communications, and Resource One Computer Systems.
In 1992, while working at a software company in Silicon Valley, Chapman was moved by the lack of minorities in the technology sector. With a view to bridging the gap between the haves and have not’s, Chapman led the formation of Unity Care Group. The organization was developed as a non-profit agency that designs and develops educational and social upliftment programs for underserved youth and communities.
Andre Chapman is also a senior fellow for the American Leadership Forum Silicon Valley and holds positions as a board member for several organizations including the California Alliance for Child & Family Services, and California Council of Community Behavioral Health Agencies. He is also a former advisory committee member of the San Jose Police Department. During the years 2002 to 2013, Chapman also served as the commissioner of the social services agency for the County of Santa Clara. Andre Chapman has launched several community initiatives at addressing the social inequalities experienced by communities of color such as Children of Color Task Force, Covid19black, Black Leadership Kitchen Cabinet and so on.
Andre Chapman is also the author of the book “Roses in Concrete - Giving Foster Children The Future They Deserve”. Through the book, Chapman highlights the need and process for transforming the ineffective and inefficient foster care system in the USA.
- Roses in Concrete: Giving Foster Children the Future They Deserve. Diamond Kane Publishing. 4 February 2019. p. 120. ISBN 978-0996686907. Retrieved 17 November 2022.
Awards and recognitions
Chapman has been credited with numerous awards for his dedicated social service, including the following:
- Credited with the Grand Hero Award by Avanti Foundation and Bob Dole at the Magic Ceremony.
- Obtained the Evelyn T. Robinson Outstanding African American Alumnus award from San Jose State University.
- Presented with Recognition for Outstanding & Invaluable Services to the Community, by Zoe Lofgren and Mike Honda
- Credited with Unity Award by San Francisco 49ers
- Obtained the Partner of the Decade Awards from the San Jose Department of Housing.
In the media
- ↑ "Andre Chapman". CakeResume. Retrieved 17 November 2022.
- ↑ "Andre Chapman". SpeakerHub. Retrieved 17 November 2022.
- ↑ "cottontales' podcast: Andre Chapman Podcast on Apple Podcasts". Apple Podcasts. Retrieved 17 November 2022.
- ↑ Chapman, André (8 September 2020). "Unity Care San Jose CA CEO Andre Chapman to join upcoming webinar as an expert panelist". Medium. Retrieved 17 November 2022.
- ↑ Chapman, André (13 October 2020). "Unity Care in San Jose CA Fights COVID-19's Impact on Black Communities". Medium. Retrieved 17 November 2022.
- ↑ Chapman, André (13 October 2020). "Unity Care San Jose CA CEO Andre Chapman Discusses the Role of Distance Learning in Youth…". Medium. Retrieved 17 November 2022.
- ↑ Relations, Media (3 August 2022). "Andre Chapman of Unity Care to Be Honored by EOYDC at their Annual Black Futures Ball on August 6th, 2022". EIN Presswire. Retrieved 17 November 2022.
- ↑ "André V. Chapman established Unity Care Group, Inc. by andrechapman1 - Issuu". issuu.com. Retrieved 17 November 2022.
- ↑ Chapman, André (8 September 2020). "Andre Chapman of Unity Care San Jose CA Opens the COVID19Black Virtual Town Hall Meeting". Medium. Retrieved 17 November 2022.
- ↑ Chapman, André (13 October 2020). "Roses in Concrete: Change the World One Life at a Time". Medium. Retrieved 17 November 2022.
- ↑ Chapman, André (20 June 2020). "About André Chapman". Medium. Retrieved 17 November 2022.
- ↑ "Andre Chapman of Unity Care San Jose CA Opens the COVID19Black Virtual Town Hall Meeting". www.accesswire.com. Retrieved 17 November 2022.