Ramgopal Vallath, popularly known as RamG Vallath is an Indian motivational speaker and author best known for his take on incorporating a Growth Mindset. Since his debut as a speaker in 2011, Vallath has delivered over 100 keynote addresses and coached over 50,000 individuals to achieve their dreams.
RamG Vallath is the author of three best-selling books titled Oops The Mighty Gurgle, From Ouch to Oops, and Active Parenting. Active Parenting became the no. 3 bestseller in India as per Nielsen Survey during the week from 19th to 25th September 2021. Vallath became well known for his motivational speeches and works of literature, which are a reflection of his life and how he overcame obstacles - which resonate with his audience on a personal level.
Vallath has held numerous executive positions in the corporate world throughout his career and is currently employed with Zentron Labs as a Vision Catalyst. Apart from that, Vallath offers consultancy services tailored for business professionals, parents, and children. He is also an ardent advocate of Active Parenting.
Early life and education
RamG Vallath was born into a middle-class family in Kerala. He studied in a Malayalam-medium government school. He started writing at the age of six.
Later Vallath earned his bachelor's degree in engineering from IIT-Madras and his master's degree in business administration (MBA) from the Xavier Labour Relations Institute (XLRI) in Jamshedpur, India.
Vallath began his career in 1992 as a product manager at Titan Industries where he worked for five years. He then became a regional sales manager for Compaq Computers, where he worked for two years.
In 1999, Vallath joined 3Com as a country manager, where he served for two years and then became a COO at Airtel, India’s leading telecommunications company. After working for over four years there, Vallath joined Dell as a director of consumer tech support. During his tenure of almost two years with this firm, Vallath managed Tech support for the US consumer market-leading a team of 600 people.
In 2008, Vallath was appointed as the director of operations at HP, where he served for over a year. He then started working at iDiscoveri Education as a COO.
In 2011, Vallath began his career as a motivational speaker, attending events talking about how to incorporate a growth mindset and overcome obstacles in order to reach one’s goals. Since then he has spoken at over 100 company events and school and university events addressing mass crowds helping them reach their potential.
In 2013, Vallath became a vision catalyst for Zentron Labs, where he has been working for the past eight years. Two years later he also started working as a private results certified coach, helping people discover and achieve their potential. From March 2019 till the present, he has been the Lead, Covid Health Response Strategy at the Azim Premji Foundation.
In 2020, Vallath became a TedX Speaker, gaining mass public recognition for his talk at SCAC Pune on the 4th Step To Building Resilience. His second TedX speech was held in 2021. He has also released three best-selling books - Oops The Mighty Gurgle which is a humorous science fantasy novel about a fun, lighthearted tour around an infinitely goofy universe; From Ouch to Oops, an autobiographical composition which tells the story of a high-flying corporate executive who battled an incurable autoimmune condition at the height of his career and Active Parenting, a book for parents on how to raise children with boundless potential.
Vallath was diagnosed with a rare autoimmune condition called chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy when he was 33 years old. He battled the disease for nearly ten years and eventually triumphed. He kept himself positive throughout such times by focusing on the lighter side of life. His motto was "When the going gets tough, the tough get humorous." His book 'From Ouch to Oops' talks of the same.
In the media
- "RAMGOPAL (RAMG) VALLATH". speakingminds. Retrieved 17 January 2022.
- "GenWise Mentor RamG Vallath". GenWise Online. Retrieved 17 January 2022.
- "RamG Vallath - Bestselling Author, Motivational Speaker". ramgvallath.blogspot.com. Retrieved 17 January 2022.
- "Ramgopal (RamG) Vallath | Life Coach". Udemy. Retrieved 17 January 2022.
- "Ramg Vallath". FocusU. Retrieved 17 January 2022.
- "Meet RamG Vallath, who battled a rare disease to became a bestselling author and motivational speaker". YourStory.com. 24 February 2017. Retrieved 17 January 2022.
- "Ramgopal-RamG-Vallath-CIDP" (PDF). nuance. Retrieved 17 January 2022.
- "12 Most Influential Motivational Speakers in India:". voices.shortpedia.com. Retrieved 17 January 2022.
- "TEDxSCAC | TED". www.ted.com. Retrieved 17 January 2022.
- "Symbiosis College of Arts & Commerce". symbiosiscollege.edu.in. Retrieved 17 January 2022.
- "Cloudnine's Importance of the right way of Parenting - Parents of 3 years till 5 Years old Session". web.cloudninecare.com. Retrieved 17 January 2022.