Carlos “Frankie” Russo
May 17, 1981
|Alma mater||University of Louisiana|
|Height||5 ft 11 in (180 cm)|
|Spouse(s)||Traci L. Russo|
Frankie Russo (born May 17, 1981) is an American entrepreneur, investor, tech innovator, best-selling author, and keynote speaker based in Louisiana, United States. He is the founder and CEO of Russo Capital, Potenza Inc., and 360 Intelligent Automation. He is also the co-founder of 247 Out Of Home, a partner at Voodoo Growers and Artists Tone Records, and head of innovation at Drive Auto.
Russo is the author of two Amazon bestsellers: "The Art of Why" and "Breaking Why," which he released in 2016 and 2022, respectively. As a keynote speaker, he frequently does book tours and speaking engagements across the nation, intending to assist audiences in Mastering their purpose and become more authentic leaders. He has been featured in several leading media publications and magazines, such as Bloomberg Businessweek, The Startup Weekly, Time, Inc., Fortune, and Entrepreneur, among others.
Early life and education
Russo was born and raised in Lafayette, Louisiana. He was born to Carlos, and Suzette Russo, who ran various homeless shelters and non-profit organizations. Russo went to elementary school in Lafayette, Louisiana. He spent his senior year of high school at Westminster Christian Academy in Opelousas, Louisiana, where he initially acquired the entrepreneurial bug by selling t-shirts to his classmates. He obtained his Bachelor of Arts degree in public relations, marketing, and business management from the University of Louisiana in 2004.
Russo began his early career in the music industry. Throughout his college years, he launched multiple independent rock bands and two record labels: Artist Tone Records, and Artist Tribune, in Nashville.
In 2008, Russo founded Potenza Inc. along with his brother Giorgio Russo. Potenza Inc. is a Lafayette-based advertising agency specializing in branding, advertising, and strategy development. In the United States, the corporation is well-known for serving a variety of auto dealers, television stations, and national food chain clients. Inc. 500 has also recognized Potenza Inc. as one of America's fastest-growing privately held firms for five consecutive years, from 2014 to 2018.
Russo founded 360º Intelligent Automation in 2015 as a software product firm specializing in innovative marketing automation and intelligence solutions. The 360º platform connects small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) to the client to initiate a direct interaction using machine learning and cutting-edge algorithms. At the precise moment when the customer is most interested in making a purchase, 360º produces and sends highly personalized offers to each individual. He sold 360º in 2021 to a publicly traded firm.
In 2018, Russo founded Russo Capital as a private equity firm. Russo invests in various industries through this company, including sports, technology, advertising, media, marketing, automobiles, music, agriculture, publishing, and finance. His investments' beneficiaries have offices in the United States and India and serve 128 US markets.
In addition to being a partner at Voodoo Growers and Artists Tone Records, Russo is the head of innovation at Drive Auto and co-founder of 247 Out Of Home.
In 2016, Russo established The School of Why, a community for entrepreneurs, artists, professionals, musicians, athletes, and anybody wanting to connect with their true purpose and passion. In the same year, Russo published his first book, The Art of Why, which became an Amazon bestseller in the self-help category. His second book, "Breaking Why," published by Amplify Publishing in 2022, also became an Amazon best seller.
- The Art of Why: Master Your Purpose. BookBaby. 17 March 2017. ISBN 978-0996611206. Retrieved 2 February 2023.
- Breaking Why: Hacking and Rebuilding Strategic Emotions for Authentic Success. Amplify. 1 February 2022. ISBN 978-1645438236. Retrieved 2 February 2023.
Awards and recognitions
- Made it to the Inc. 500 list for fastest growing companies (Potenza Inc. & 360ia) for eight consecutive years (2013-2021)
- Honored with Addy Awards (2015)
- AWA Automotive Awards (2018)
- Credited as ABIZ Entrepreneur of the Year (2011)
- Credited as one of the 20 under 40 Honorees in Louisiana by Daily Advertiser (2014)
- Credited as Amazon best-selling author for two of his books (2016 & 2022)
- Made to the list of Top 50 companies in Southwest Louisiana (2017)
- Credited as America’s Top Consultants (2019)
- Fasted growing privately owned company in Louisiana in 2020 (5,800% growth in 3 years)
Russo lives in Louisiana, is married to his wife Traci L. Russo and together they have six children.
In the media
- "Frankie Russo". www.amazon.in. Retrieved 11 January 2023.
- "Frankie Russo". myneworleans. 26 September 2018. Retrieved 11 January 2023.
- "378: Use your "why" to be a more effective product manager - with Frankie Russo". Product Mastery Now. 4 April 2022. Retrieved 11 January 2023.
- "Special Guest: Frankie Russo and "The Art of Why" Wednesday, 10/26". General Provision Work Club. 25 October 2016. Retrieved 11 January 2023.
- "Frankie Russo – Startup Weekly". thestartupweekly. Retrieved 11 January 2023.
- St.Denis, Susan (26 April 2022). ""Marketing For Your Future" with Frankie Russo from The School of WHY". Buzz Media Group. Retrieved 11 January 2023.
- Rupp, Jacob (26 December 2018). "Lift Your Legacy: Finding your passion helping others find theirs with Potenza CEO Frankie Russo…". Authority Magazine. Retrieved 11 January 2023.
- "How to Achieve Fully Authentic Success w/ Frankie Russo - Kerry Siggins - Podcast". kerrysiggins.com. Retrieved 11 January 2023.
- "Contactless retail is such a hot thing': Meet Frankie Russo, the man behind 360ia's incredible growth". The Advocate. Retrieved 11 January 2023.
- Mader, Christiaan (13 August 2015). "Potenza Inc. acquires Information archiTECH". theind.com. Retrieved 11 January 2023.
- "Would the 'right to disconnect' help workers in The City That Doesn't Sleep?". hpe.com. Retrieved 11 January 2023.
- "How This Man Made The Leap From Selling T-Shirts To Running A Successful Marketing Firm | StarCentral". starcentralmagazine. 19 April 2018. Retrieved 11 January 2023.
- "The Art of the Apology". Business Class: Trends and Insights | American Express. Retrieved 11 January 2023.
- "The Art of Why with Frankie Russo". B.I. Moody III College of Business Administration. 19 February 2016. Retrieved 11 January 2023.
- Russo, Frankie (February 2022). "Breaking Why: Hacking and Rebuilding Strategic Emotions for Authentic Success". books.google.com. AMPLIFY PUB. Retrieved 11 January 2023.
- "Books by Frankie Russo (Author of Breaking WHY)". www.goodreads.com. Retrieved 11 January 2023.
- "Entrepreneur of the Year". theind.com. 23 November 2011. Retrieved 11 January 2023.
- "20 Under 40: Frankie Russo". The Daily Advertiser. Retrieved 11 January 2023.
- Yaeger, Chelsea (26 July 2017). "Top 50: From the Ground Up". theind.com. Retrieved 11 January 2023.