The Digital Project Manager
|Industry||Training and Coaching|
The Digital Project Manager (DPM) is a publication from Black & White Zebra. Founded in 2011 by Ben Aston, DPM aims to help its audience become connected, confident and skilled at managing the complexities of digital projects.
The DPM has become one of the largest and most credible platforms for digital project management information and thought leadership with more than 500,000 monthly views across their website, podcast, and YouTube channel.
They draw on existing project management frameworks such as Prince2, SCRUM and PMP, but re-engineer it to work within the complex world of digital, particularly in marketing and communications.
DPM was launched in 2011 as a blog about digital project management. Written by Ben Aston, it began as a series of Top Ten Tips posts about managing different aspects of digital projects.
In 2017, the DPM Podcast was launched. Most episodes feature a guest discussing with the host how to put project management theory into practice. Now featuring close to 100 episodes, it’s featured a number of prolific guests including Mike Clayton, Susanne Madsen, David Bishop, Jeff Gothelf, Douglas Ferguson, John Carter, and Karl Sakas.
In 2018, in response to audience demand for training, The DPM launched their online project management training called DPM School. Their flagship course, Mastering Digital Project Management has been utilized by many digital agencies and large multinationals including Oracle, Siemens, Dow Jones, and RBC, to name a few.
In 2019 they launched their online community membership which has now grown to 1000+ members. The membership has become a popular tool for ongoing professional development for many organizations.
In 2020, Galen Low, took over as the resident host of The Digital Project Manager. He now hosts the podcast and many of the online events.
Products and services
DPM offers a range of services which include:
The DPM School was launched in 2018 to provide a digital-centric project management training for people managing digital projects. Their course, Mastering Digital Project Management, teaches both hard and soft skills with 40 modules that specifically cover all the aspects of the project management lifecycle. The interactive course includes video lessons, pane discussions, weekly assignments, group discussions, office hours and the option of coaching.
DPM Membership is a paid annual subscription provides ongoing professional development and a community for people who manage digital projects. Their membership includes a community forum, masterminds, live mentorship and ask me anything sessions.
The DPM offers coaching for project managers, teams, and leaders.
The DPM offers advertising services to project management related tools and services.
In the media
- "Ben Aston, TheDigitalProjectmanager.com, APP, Podcast". Parakeeto. 2 June 2021. Retrieved 21 September 2021.
- "Critical Project Management Decisions for Agency Owners with Ben Aston". Traject. 30 October 2020. Retrieved 21 September 2021.
- "Digital Project Management Training for Agencies with Ben Aston". ZenPilot. 30 September 2019. Retrieved 21 September 2021.
- "PMI Washington, DC Chapter". pmi.org. Retrieved 21 September 2021.
- "THRIVE EP 45: Training Your Digital Project Managers, with Ben Aston". Kelly Campbell. 1 May 2019. Retrieved 21 September 2021.
- "32. Ben Aston on Whether or Not Project Management is Important For Teachers Online". The Anomalous Educator. Retrieved 21 September 2021.
- "068 – Agile project management with Ben Aston". Agency Highway. Retrieved 21 September 2021.
- "Optimize/Optimism - Online Publisher Event - 28th April". State of Digital Publishing. Retrieved 21 September 2021.
- "Project Manager". Agency Management Institute. Retrieved 21 September 2021.
- "Remote Project Management with Ben Aston". www.teamgantt.com. Retrieved 21 September 2021.
- "E66 Driving Value as a Digital Project Manager - Business RadioX ® -". Business RadioX ®. Retrieved 21 September 2021.
- "BONUS: Ben Aston on Project Management lessons that Scrum Masters can use – Scrum Master Toolbox Podcast". scrum-master-toolbox.org. Retrieved 21 September 2021.
- "S2E43: The Digital Project Manager with Ben Aston". Project Chatter Podcast. 21 July 2021. Retrieved 21 September 2021.
- "Ben Aston – Project Management in 2021 – Sales Schema". salesschema.com. Retrieved 21 September 2021.