|Headquarters||San Francisco Bay Area, CA|
Outpatient is a digital health medical task and care coordination application that connects patients, health professionals, and family/friends. It is a venture-backed platform founded by Brian Corey and Peter Yewell in 2017.
Outpatient was founded in 2017 by ex-Facebook co-workers Brian Corey and Peter Yewell. They worked together on mobile-related projects while at Facebook and had moved onto separate startups when each was abruptly confronted with challenging family health situations.
Inspired by the motive to enable simple, clear communications and collaboration between the key stakeholders in a given health situation, Outpatient started as a consumer-focused mobile application aimed at family caregivers.
As the application grew, the company expanded the focus to include Medical Staff in addition to patients and family caregivers. The ease of schedule and task coordination along with simple communications are seen as significant benefits to all involved. Customers benefit from the Outpatient App with better readiness for medical events, reduced caregiver burnout, and improved patient health outcomes.
Today, the Outpatient App is used by more than 50,000 professional and family caregivers across all 50 US States. It is a medical task productivity tool incorporating a modern interface with easy-to-use features including scheduling, group messaging, task assignments, automatic notifications, and regular updates. Customers include large Health Systems (ie SSM Health, Cardinal Glennon Children’s Hospital) and Military Medical Services (ie Air Force Medical Services). Outpatient is a HIPAA compliant, private and secure medical platform.
The application was officially launched over Labor Day weekend, 2018. Since inception, the company has focused on rapid iteration of features and functionality based on user feedback. In 28 months of operation, the company is on version 36 (Feb, 2021).
The company raised seed funding rounds with venture investors Harrison Metal, Correlation Ventures, Propel Ventures, City Light Capital, and Vy Capital. Strategic Investor, US Capital Development was added in 2019.
The platform was initially launched to simplify the health experiences for patients and families by coordinating logistics, facilitating communicating, and adhering to care plans. As the company expanded, ease of use and simple access has driven professional and consumer user benefits. Medical Staff report 4-8 hours saved per week, which currently equates to approximately 20,000 hours saved per week overall.
Medical Task And Care Coordination Application For:
- Health Systems
- Avenue, Next. "Dealing With The Added Challenges Of Home Care During The Coronavirus Crisis". Forbes. Retrieved 2021-02-24.
- "LifePod Awarded $10K, Embodied Labs on "The Doctors" and 20% Off Summit Tickets!". myemail.constantcontact.com. Retrieved 2021-02-24.
- "Five Technology Offerings from the Washington Innovations in Longevity Summit 2019 | Aging and Health Technology Watch". www.ageinplacetech.com. Retrieved 2021-02-24.
- Author, AppAdvice Staff. "Outpatient by Outpatient, Inc". AppAdvice. Retrieved 2021-02-24.
|last=has generic name (help)
- "Outpatient Prioritizes Simplicity and Quality". Mary Furlong & Associates. 2019-09-24. Retrieved 2021-02-24.
- "More relief, more pivots, more help for seniors...and a little love and happiness". Ulu Ventures. 25 April 2020. Retrieved 18 February 2021.
- "Home Care Challenges During the Coronavirus Crisis". Next Avenue. 2020-03-26. Retrieved 2021-02-24.