|Alma mater||Birkbeck, University of London|
Niraz Buhari is an entrepreneur and expert insurance and financial technology professional. He is the managing director of C&C Insurance Company, Asurit Limited, and the founder and managing director of Smart Cover Insurance. He also serves as the founding director of two insurance intermediary companies: Smart Sure Insurance and Smart telecom TA.
Buhari is known to have gained recognition for his business portfolio and is skilled in M&A of insurance businesses, negotiation, business planning, sales, marketing, and business strategies. He predominantly invests in insurance, reinsurance, telecommunications, insurance technology, fintech, and oil and gas companies.
Buhari enrolled for his graduation in computer science from HKBK College of Engineering under VT university. In 2003, he enrolled in the London College of Management to pursue his post-graduation in business management. Buhari studied at the University of Sunderland during the years 2006 to 2008. In 2017, he attended the University of London, Birbeck, to pursue a master's in business administration and management, majoring in marketing and related services. During 2020-2021, he also completed a CPD-certified Mini MBA in marketing with Mark Ritson.
Buhari began his career in 2006 at Sky, a broadcast media production and distribution company. During his couple of years at Sky, he worked in several positions, starting from business development to a sales manage, and served as the retail operations manager before leaving the company in 2012.
Buhari’s enterprises are committed to expansion in the insurance industry and are present in four countries worldwide. His multiple enterprises employ 250 experts globally and assist thousands of independent freelancers.
Buhari founded his first insurance business in 2010, Smart Telecom TA (Smarttel).
In 2011, Buhari launched Smart Sure Insurance, providing insurance coverage for electrical goods and gadget Insurance.
In 2013, Buhari founded his second insurance company, Smart Cover Insurance Services, an award-winning insurance services provider offering supplementary housing, automobile, and health insurance solutions. In 2013, Buhari purchased Asurit and merged its client databases to bolster its primary service. In 2016, the organization purchased four insurance brokerage firms and integrated their databases. In 2018, he bought City & Commercial Insurance company, enabling the organization to establish insurance underwriting and reinsurance businesses. Currently, the company is creating numerous insurance solutions in-house and, in collaboration with Bournemouth University, is conducting research and development on artificial intelligence for underwriting and claims processing. Risk Alliance Direct insurance group was bought by C&C insurance in 2021.
In 2020, Buhari acquired SCS Global, a company based in Dubai specializing in oil, gas, and marine services.
Awards and recognition
- Buhari was one of the judges for 2016 and 2017 Young Entrepreneur of the Year Awards
- Won the young guns award by Insurance Business Magazine 2020
- Won the 2022 global 500 awards by Brainz Magazine
- Finalist business person award for 2019 KPMG Business Awards
- 2022 Broker Innovation Award - Finalist
In the media
- ↑ Cook, James (4 January 2023). "How to Strategise your Acquisition in 2023 - Niraz Buhari - industry expert - Business Leader News". Business Leader. Retrieved 5 January 2023.
- ↑ "Insurance Industry Leader Niraz Buhari Reveals the Opportunities of Blockchain Technology in His Industry | The Ritz Herald". www.ritzherald.com/. Retrieved 21 December 2022.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 "Niraz Buhari, Founder and director, Smart Cover Insurance, City & Commercial Insurance Company - Young Guns 2018 | Insurance Business UK | Insurance Business UK". www.insurancebusinessmag.com. Retrieved 21 December 2022.
- ↑ Energy·, Chris Benbow·Clean. "How Insurance Industry Can Benefit From the Climate Tech Start-ups: Industry Expert C&C Insurance Group Founder Niraz Buhari Reveals | Markets Herald". www.marketsherald.com/. Retrieved 21 December 2022.
- ↑ "Insurance Entrepreneur Niraz Buhari talks about the emerging climate risk C&C Group is investing in the R&D to address it". Digital Journal. Retrieved 21 December 2022.
- ↑ Cumming, Alice (21 October 2022). "David Hully appointed as a Non-Executive Director for C&C - Business Leader News". Business Leader. Retrieved 21 December 2022.
- ↑ "Niraz Buhari Acquisition of Risk Alliance Direct by City and Commercial Insurance Group by nirazbuhari - Issuu". issuu.com. Retrieved 21 December 2022.
- ↑ Leigh, Dana (11 May 2022). "Interview with Niraz Buhari, CEO at Leading Home Emergency and Appliance Insurance Experts: Smart Cover". TechRound. Retrieved 21 December 2022.
- ↑ Hook, Lucy. "Smart Cover: How has compliance changed the industry?". www.insurancebusinessmag.com. Retrieved 21 December 2022.
- ↑ Brown, Ian (28 January 2022). "How The Pandemic Impacted the Reinsurance Industry". EIN Presswire. Retrieved 21 December 2022.
- ↑ Cotton, Barney (27 August 2021). "C&C Insurance Group confirm acquisition of RiskAlliance Direct Limited - Business Leader News". Business Leader. Retrieved 21 December 2022.
- ↑ Matters, Business (23 May 2022). "Niraz Buhari outlines the current surge in mergers and acquisitions markets". Business Matters. Retrieved 21 December 2022.
- ↑ "Brainz 500 Global Award presented to Niraz Buhari". Brainz Magazine. Retrieved 20 January 2023.