|Nationality||African American (Creole)|
|Organization||Armani Entertainment Group LLC|
|Height||5 ft 9 in (175 cm)|
Monetia Smothers (born 16 December), popularly known as ‘Ms. Exquisite Full-Figure Georgia 2018,’ is an African American professional promotional model and influencer. She is the owner of AEG TV Network on the Roku TV platform. She is best known for her title as the 2018 Ms. Exquisite Full-Figure Georgia.
Smothers has established herself as a successful professional working in the entertainment industry for the past decade. As a model, Smothers has worked for haute couture fashion houses like Elite Pour La Vie and Van Miller International and is currently a runway model for Lisa Nicole Cloud’s Boss Collection Biz. Monetia was part of the Lux Group of Companies Modeling Management Team, managed by Dora Ndip in 2019. Smothers is also a brand ambassador for Nena Brands International Cosmetics and a TV talk show Co Host.
Smothers is also an avid philanthropist and has made considerable contributions to several charities focusing on women's empowerment. She is currently associated with No More (Say No to Domestic Violence), Professional Organization of Women Excellence Recognized (P.O.W.E.R.) and International Society for female professionals organization.
Early life and education
Smothers was born in Louisiana and relocated to Marietta, Georgia with her family at the age of 16 and graduated from R.L Osborne High School. She then enrolled in Georgia State Medical College, where she acquired a degree in Nursing Practice. In 2020, she also became a certified life coach.
Smothers started her career in the medical field in 1995 as a nurse. While working as a nurse she decided to pursue entrepreneurship and established Gentle Pro Mobile Technicians, which offered medical services throughout the city. In 2008, Smothers retired from the medical field due to medical illnesses and in 2010 began to pursue a career as a model in the entertainment industry.
She learned the basics of modeling.in 2010 and debuted in the industry as a print and runway fashion model and commercial model Vision Model Management.
Smothers has walked the runway for several known designers such as Lisa Nicole Cloud, VDINX Signature Designs, and Van Miller International. In 2011, she became the editor in chief of the Silk Magazine, where she worked with owner Cecil Dowdell for over a year. Smothers has worked with multiple talent management agencies, including The Lyngale Agency and Break A Leg Talent Management and Vision Model Management. She also served as a brand ambassador for Goodlyfe Fashion.
In 2020, Smothers wanted to find a way to give back to her community by receiving a life coach certification in hopes of using her skills with non-profit organizations.
In 2021, Smothers became a business partner with fuboTV, a verified influencer for Amazon and partners with Vuulr Marketplace. In the same year, she also created two television streaming networks on Roku: AEG TV Network and Armani Muzik. Currently, she is allowing others to start subchannels under AEG TV Network, such as Zubarrio TV, giving them an opportunity to utilize television as an outsource for upcoming producers and artists.
As an actress and model, Smothers has appeared in films such as The Staff (2019) Dynasty (February 2019), BET’s Tales: Moonlight (March 2019), and BET+’s Bigger (2019) and a docu series streaming on Amazon named “Why do I want to be a Model” host Vanessa Henderson designer Van miller International.
In 2018, Smothers was crowned Ms. Exquisite Full-Figure Georgia. She has also been nominated for Best Actress and Best Brand Ambassador, Best Full-Figured Model, and Best Show/Event Host at Atlanta’s Hottest Entertainment Awards.
Smothers is currently divorced (relationship status unknown) and has three children—Javonnie, Jovan, Jordan, and two grandkids.
In the media
- "About - Monetia The Model". monetiathemodel2.onuniverse.com. Retrieved 17 May 2022.
- Hero, The Fashion (16 May 2022). "Monetia Smothers | USA". www.thefashionhero.com. Retrieved 17 May 2022.
- Bryant, D. (4 September 2019). "LUX Group of Companies Announces New Client". EIN Presswire. Retrieved 17 May 2022.
- "Meet monetia smothers: Ms.exq.fullfigure Ga 2018". SHOUTOUT ATLANTA. 6 April 2021. Retrieved 17 May 2022.
- "A Second Look At Model And Actress Monetia Smothers". Warlock Asylum International News. 15 August 2020. Retrieved 17 May 2022.
- Stories, Local. "Meet Monetia Smothers - Voyage ATL Magazine | ATL City Guide". voyageatl.com. Retrieved 17 May 2022.
- "Van Miller International". www.instagram.com. Retrieved 17 May 2022.
- Pierre, Ryan (31 May 2021). "Monetia Smothers Introduces AEG TV Network on the Roku Platform". New York Weekly. Retrieved 17 May 2022.
- "Armani Entertainment Group, Atlanta, GA (2022)". www.marketimeta.com. Retrieved 17 May 2022.
- "Ms Exquisite Full figure Ga 2018 | Monetia Smothers's Amazon Page". www.amazon.com. Retrieved 17 May 2022.