|Born||October 10, 1981|
Lover Jay Manzano Te, better known as LJ Manzano is a Filipino Singer-Songwriter, Fingerstyle Guitar Player and Music Producer. He is an internationally recognized fingerstyle guitarist and has so far gained popularity for his songs Hay Nako (38 Million views on YouTube including “Classmates Love Story”), Naririnig Mo Ba (13.8 Million views on YouTube), May Forever (1.3 Million Views on Facebook), Sasabihin Ko and others. He is best known for his guitar fingerstyle rendition of the popular Heal The World song and Ang Huling El Bimbo, which has nearly 1.5 million views on Facebook. Over the course of his career, Manzano has amassed over 60 Million Views and over 40,000 followers on all of his videos on YouTube and Facebook.
Manzano has even collaborated with multiple artists such as Morissette Amon, JBK, Mark Garcia, Ben&Ben, and Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte. He incorporates a unique style that is inspired by his Filipino roots and is reflective in his work both as a songwriter and singer.
In 2018, Manzano is the recipient of the AWIT Awards, which he received for writing the song Naririnig Mo Ba and won for Best Ballad Recording. He is also a member of The Filipino Society of Composers, Authors, and Publishers (FILSCAP.) His music is available on his website as well as on all the music streaming platforms such as Spotify, Apple Music, Discogs, and YouTube.
Early life and education
Manzano was born and brought up in the Philippines. He started playing the guitar when he was 12-years-old, and at age 13, he started playing fingerstyle guitar and writing his own songs. In his high-school years, Manzano became a soccer varsity player until his first year in college. Later, instead of being an athlete, he pursued music after winning several songwriting awards in Ateneo de Davao University, and then formed different musical bands that did not work out after he realized that he only needed session musicians for recording his original music instead of gigging in bars playing cover songs. Manzano graduated 3 college degree courses, Bachelor of Arts and Mass Communications, Bachelor of Nursing, then studied in Golder’s Green College in London. He realized that going to college was just a waste of time and money since he is now pursuing his music and being an Investor/Entrepreneur.
2010 Hillsong (London) Guitarist
Manzano has been actively offering his services as a songwriter in the music industry for the past decade, along with composing and releasing his songs. His journey started in 2010 when his videos were discovered by a Hillsong producer and a pastor, and was invited to perform as a Guitarist in London at the Hillsong Conference Europe Opening (Lap-tapping guitar).. Later, he became one of their official guitarists in Hillsong London.
2013 Pilipinas Got Talent
Manzano formed the MP3 Band and won 3rd Place in Pilipinas Got Talent Season 4. Manzano, throughout his career, has worked with many well-known and respected Filipino artists and producers.
2013 Collaboration with Jamich
He collaborated with a Filipino YouTube duo JAMICH, on his original soundtrack Hay Nako, and for a short film titled Classmates Love Story that garnered over 38 million views on YouTube.
2017 Songwriting Highlights
He collaborated with Morissette Amon as a composer and songwriter for the song Naririnig Mo Ba. In the same year, he also won the Kadayawan Songwriting Championship in his City. Won 3rd place for Tofarm Songwriting Competition, interpreted by Ben&Ben.
2017 Award as Fingerstyle-Guitarist
He is the first champion in Philippine fingerstyle-guitar competition "Himig Ng Panahon", 2017.
Champion at the Star FM's Bombo Music Festival (2019) for "Ngano" (feat. JR Oclarit)
Apart from that, he is also a leading product endorser for companies like SE Electronics, Spider Capo, and Tonewood Amp.
|1||Access||2005||EP (5 Songs)|
|3||Takbo Ka Lang||2020||Single|
|4||Banal Mong Salita - ASOP||2020||Single|
|5||Pag-Ibig Ka Oh Dios - ASOP||2020||Single|
|6||Chismosong (I Don’t Care)||2021||Single|
|Guitar Instrumental Covers|
|7||Ang Huling El Bimbo (5 Guitars)||-||-|
|8||Another One Bites The Dust||-||-|
|9||Heal The World||-||-|
|10||What A Wonderful World||-||-|
- Champion at the Star FM's Bombo Music Festival (2019) for "Ngano" (feat. JR Oclarit)
- Recipient of an Awit Award for songwriting the Best Ballad of the Year 2017 for "Naririnig Mo Ba" by Morissette Amon
- Champion at the Kadayawan Songwriting Champion, 2017
- Champion at the Philippine Guitar Championship for "Himig Ng Panahon", 2017
In the media
- "sE Electronics - LJ Manzano". sE Electronics. Retrieved 6 October 2021.
- "LJ Manzano - May Forever - LJ Manzano | Facebook". facebook.com. Retrieved 6 October 2021.
- "Las Casas Filipinas de Acuzar - Congratulations to the winners of Las Casas Filipinas de Acuzar's 1st Himig ng Panahon guitar competition: Grand prize winner LJ Manzano from Davao City, 1st runner up Angelo Leyva from Bacolod and 2nd runner up Regie Sanggo from Novaliches. To all guitarists, see you next year for the 2nd Himig ng Panahon! | Facebook". www.facebook.com. Retrieved 6 October 2021.
- "Bombo Music Festival 2019". open.spotify.com. 28 October 2019. Retrieved 6 October 2021.
- "Awit Awards 2018". uDOu PH. 16 October 2018. Retrieved 6 October 2021.