|Kaathalae Kaathalae Song on Youtube|
|Song by Chinmayi, Govind Vasantha, Kalyani Menon|
|Released||July 30, 2018|
|Format||Legal digital download|
|Studio||Rajiv Menon Studio, Chennai|
Kaathalae Kaathalae is the 2018 Indian Tamil language song composed by Govind Vasantha, for the film 96. The lyrics for the song were written by Karthik Netha, and sung by Govind Vasantha, Chinmayi and Kalyani Menon. The song has two versions, with one of them being released as a single on 30 July 2018, receiving positive response from critics. The other version, which featuring Kalyani Menon, was released along with the soundtrack. Govind, Chinmayi and Netha won their respective Filmfare Awards for Best Music Director, Best Playback Singer (Female) and Best Lyricist, for the album.
The song which was featured in the film's teaser was a slower, "ambience version" of a part of the "Anthaathi" song that Govind had produced because "he was in the mood" but was not meant to be included in the film or the soundtrack album. When the teaser song went viral, Govind Vasantha worked on it and made a 3-minute song that went on to be featured in the album as well as in the film. Chinmayi sang all the female portions in the songs since she also dubbed for the lead female character Jaanu, while Gouri TP, who spoke dubbing for younger Jaanu, sang the song "Yean" which features younger Jaanu on screen.
The song received positive responses. Firstpost reviewed it as "The brief but highly effective and impactful duet of Chinmayi and Govind quietly overtakes the exquisite violin and the enchanting flute-play of the musicians. The second version of the song, rendered by Kalyani Menon, is also immersive and delivers an amazingly soulful experience like the first one, which underscored the film's teaser."
- Composed and Arranged
- Govind Vasantha
- Violin - Govind Vasantha
- Flute - Kiran
- Mixed and Mastered by Rajan KS
- Sound Engineers
- 20db Sound Studios - Avinash Satish
- Seed Studios - Dileepan
Credits adapted from YouTube
- Enterprises, Madras (2018-07-29). "The much awaited single track #KaathalaeKaathalae from #96Movie on July30th at 6pm !". @MadrasEnterpriz. Retrieved 2020-05-25.
- "66th Yamaha Fascino Filmfare Awards South 2019: Dhanush & Vijay Sethupathi win Best Actor In A Leading Role (Male) Award - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2020-05-25.
- "Addicted to 'Kaadhale Kaadhale' from '96'? Meet Govind Vasantha, the composer". The News Minute. 5 August 2018. Retrieved 2020-05-25.
- M, Athira (2018-09-01). "I could emotionally connect with '96': Govind Vasantha". The Hindu. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 2020-05-25.
- "96 music review: Govind Vasantha delivers a winning soundtrack for Vijay Sethupathi, Trisha-starrer- Entertainment News, Firstpost". Firstpost. 2018-08-27. Retrieved 2020-05-25.
- 96 Songs| Kaathalae Kaathalae Song | Vijay Sethupathi, Trisha | Govind Vasantha | C. Prem Kumar, retrieved 2020-05-25
- Kaathalae Kaathalae song on Youtube
- Kaathalae Kaathalae song on on Spotify
- Kaathalae Kaathalae song on Gaana.com
- Kaathalae Kaathalae song on Google Play
- Kaathalae Kaathalae song on Jiosaavn
- Kaathalae Kaathalae song on Wynk
- Kaathalae Kaathalae song on Hungama
This article "Kaathalae Kaathalae" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.