|Born||November 11, 1991|
|Nationality||United States of America|
|Years active||2018- Present|
|Height||6 ft 1 in (185 cm)|
Jay Feldman (born 11 Nov 1991, Syracuse, NY) is an American Osteopathic doctor, entrepreneur, and volleyball player. He is a serial entrepreneur who has founded a number of companies including, Otter Public Relations, Instelite and REX Fitness. Feldman has a background in social media marketing and as of May 2020, his company Instelite has built a network of over 20 million Instagram followers.
Feldman is also known for winning USA’s under 18 national Beach Volleyball Championship. Feldman has been featured as one of the Top Ten Entrepreneurs in 2020 on International Business Times.
Early life and education
Feldman was born in Syracuse, NY. He was raised in Parkland FL. He found his interest in Volleyball during his high school and was captain of the volleyball team. His family home was also home to more than 100 animals including a Wallaby, a mini horse, and a pig. During the 2008 housing crisis, his father lost his job and Feldman went to work as a collections agent. It was the worst experience of his life. At that time, Feldman decided he would never have to do something like this again. He then went to FGCU to study to be a doctor and played professional beach volleyball for the next 4 years.
In 2010, Feldman attended Florida Gulf Coast University to complete an Associate's degree in Pre-Medicine/Pre-Medical Studies. In 2012, Feldman entered the University of Florida to pursue a Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Pre-Medicine/Pre-Medical Studies. After giving up the beach, parties, and every other summer activity, Feldman scored in the 90th percentile on his MCAT and gained admission at the medical school of his dreams in NYC. Feldman was elected as the American Medical Association President while at medical school.
Feldman is a serial entrepreneur who has founded several companies in his early career. While all other students were preparing for the Step 1 Board Exam, he founded his own social media marketing agency, Instelite. Feldman worked on creating tactics that could organically increase the followers and as of May 2020, the company has a network of 20 million Instagram users and served over 2500 clients from across the world.
Feldman also founded REX Fitness, to create an affordable and portable home gym that is accessible to all members of society. He hopes to offer free video training and motivation to go along with his home gym, which is set to release August of 2020.
Feldman also founded and hosts the Mentors Collective Podcast. He created this podcast with the purpose of connecting people with the mentors they wish they had. This podcast brings listeners together with some of the top names in healthcare and entrepreneurship so that people can take away pearls of wisdom from some of the world’s most accomplished people.
He also co-founded Otter Public Relations, a PR media agency that services a variety of clientele ranging from large hotels to thought leaders. He built this agency with his partner, Scott Bartnick in the midst of the Coronavirus pandemic and has built it to 7 figures in only 8 short months.
Awards and recognition
- Former USA Beach Volleyball National Champion
- International Business Times Entrepreneurs to Watch in 2020
Feldman has founded an NGO Food Equality Corp, that works to fight against food inequality for underprivileged communities.
In the media
- Solutions, IBT Brand (2020-04-30). "Dr. Jay Feldman is The Entrepreneur to Watch in 2020". International Business Times, India Edition. Retrieved 2020-06-26.
- "Dr. Jay Feldman- Doctor-Turned-Entrepreneur Transforms His Marketing Agency Into an Instagram Empire". in.finance.yahoo.com. Retrieved 2020-06-26.
- "The 20 most eligible doctors and medical professionals in New York City, according to dating app Hinge". Business Insider. Retrieved 2020-06-26.
- "interview jay feldman".
- "Ben Klyachman & Jay Feldman, Medical Students". Real Caregivers, Real Stories. Retrieved 2020-06-26.
- Gregor, Matthew (2020-05-19). "Dr. Jay Feldman Hopes to Reduce Health Inequality by Improving Food and Fitness Access". Time Bulletin. Retrieved 2020-06-26.
- "Dr. Jay Feldman Discusses How Home Gyms Are the Solution to Fitness Inequality across the Globe". Vents Magazine. Retrieved 2020-06-26.
- "Doctor-turned-Entrepreneur Jay Feldman Talks about His Stand against Food and Fitness Inequality - Baltimore Post-ExaminerBaltimore Post-Examiner". baltimorepostexaminer.com. Retrieved 2020-06-26.
- "Fitness Inequality is a Burning Issue that Needs to be Addressed Says Dr. Jay Feldman, REX Fitness". Disrupt. 2020-05-20. Retrieved 2020-06-26.
- "Dr. Jay Feldman's Company Helps Penta Prosthetics Donate Thousands of Masks Worldwide to Help Beat COVID-19". LA Progressive. 2020-05-23. Retrieved 2020-06-26.
- Langton, Michelle (2020-05-20). "Dr. Jay Feldman Stresses on the Importance of Entrepreneurs Giving Back to Society". Bigtime Daily. Retrieved 2020-06-26.