|Organization||Hanold Associates HR & Diversity Executive Search|
Jason Hanold is a Chicago-based entrepreneur, HR executive search specialist, and the CEO of Hanold Associates Executive Search, a leading retained search firm focused on Chief HR and Diversity Officers, CEO, and Board Director searches. He is also a present member of the Association of Talent Acquisition Professionals and the Robert F. Kennedy Human Rights Leadership Council.
Hanold has built his firm into one of the most diverse of the top 50 retained executive search firms in the country, providing bespoke HR and diversity recruitment services to a large client base that includes Under Armour, Amazon, Nike, American Airlines, The New York Times Company, Ford Motor Company, Kaiser Permanente, Carnival Corporation, Gucci, the National Football League (NFL), Major League Baseball (MLB), Zoom, Moderna, and a number of other well-known brands.
Hanold has over three decades of experience in corporate and executive recruiting and has worked with many Fortune 500 companies such as McKinsey & Company, Whirlpool Corporation, and Deloitte. He has been featured in several major media outlets such as The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, ABC News, CNN/Money, USA TODAY, SiriusXM, BusinessWeek, Fortune's "Ask Annie", Reuters, Forbes, Los Angeles Times, Chicago Tribune, CNET, FOX Business, Bloomberg, Yahoo!, CNBC, International Business Times, WGN Radio, Inc. Magazine, and HGTV.
Hanold graduated from Illinois State University in 1990 with a bachelor's degree. He continued his education at Northwestern University, earning a master's degree in leadership and corporate culture. Hanold is now obtaining his doctorate in education (Ed.D.) at the University of Pennsylvania.
Hanold started his career in 1990 as an HR and corporate recruiting business partner at State Farm, where he worked for a period of five years. In 1995, he joined Deloitte as Americas Director of Executive Leadership Recruiting. Hanold worked for over three years with this multinational conglomerate, during which time he established the firm's first in-house executive recruiting capability and focused on direct partner hiring across industry practices.
In 1999, Hanold became Head of Recruiting at McKinsey & Company, where he worked for over three years. During his time there, Hanold was responsible for direct-elect partner hiring for all e-commerce and technology-related practices and offices.
In 2002, Hanold joined Whirlpool Corporation as Global Head of Talent Acquisition and served for a period of three years. He then joined Russell Reynolds Associates as a Managing Director. He served as Global HR Officers Practice Leader for five years, during which he was also a member of the Board of Directors and CEO Practices.
In 2010, Hanold founded Hanold Associates Executive Search. Under his direction, Hanold Associates streamlines the recruitment process for Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officers, Chief HR Officers, and diverse Board Directors. The New York Times Company, Amazon, Ford Motor Company, Major League Baseball, Gucci, and a number of other companies are among Hanold's clients, which span a wide range of industries and geographies.
Hanold is a lifetime member of the Association of Talent Acquisition Professionals and the Robert F. Kennedy Human Rights Leadership Council. He serves on the National Advisory Council for Big City Mountaineers. He is also a Team USA Athlete Mentor with the US Olympic Committee. His other memberships include the United States Polo Association, Sierra Club, SAG-AFTRA, and the NAACP.
Hanold currently resides in Kenilworth, Illinois, and Jackson, Wyoming, with his wife, Neela Seenandan (Co-CEO of Hanold Associates). The couple has four sons. In his free time, Hanold enjoys outdoor recreation, mountaineering, football, and other team sports.
In the media
- "Jason Hanold | Hanold Associates HR Executive Search". Hanold Associates HR Executive. Retrieved 16 December 2021.
- "Our People | RFK Human Rights". ROBERT F. KENNEDY HUMAN RIGHTS. Retrieved 16 December 2021.
- "The Take-Away: Jason Hanold". Crain's Chicago Business. 27 June 2014. Retrieved 16 December 2021.
- Baker, Tim (19 October 2016). "DisruptHR Chicago: Sponsor Spotlight with Hanold Associates". The HR Gazette and HRchat Podcast. Retrieved 16 December 2021.
- Hanold, Jason. "Jason Hanold". Entrepreneur. Retrieved 16 December 2021.
- "How Top Companies Identify And Retain Top Talent, with Jason Hanold & Kage Spatz". thriveglobal.com. Retrieved 16 December 2021.
- "Jason Hanold". Hunt Scanlon Media. Retrieved 16 December 2021.
- "Hanold Associates Assists The New York Times Co. in CHRO Search". Hunt Scanlon Media. 20 November 2020. Retrieved 16 December 2021.
- "CHRO Evolution: Jason Hanold on What CEOs Expect". Joel Trammell. 14 April 2020. Retrieved 16 December 2021.
- "Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) Leaders Need These Top 3 Skills: Wednesday Wisdom With Jason Hanold". www.hrtechnologist.com. Retrieved 16 December 2021.
- "Recruiter Jason Hanold on Older Job Seekers". ExecuNet. 14 June 2021. Retrieved 16 December 2021.
- "Hanold Associates - Overview, News & Competitors | ZoomInfo.com". ZoomInfo. Retrieved 16 December 2021.
- Spatz, Kage (3 January 2020). "How To Identify And Retain Fantastic Talent, with Jason Hanold of Hanold Associates". Authority Magazine. Retrieved 16 December 2021.
- "bootstrapping with jason hanold of hanold associates". www.tastytrade.com. Retrieved 16 December 2021.
- "Top Ways to Identify, Attract and Retain Talent, Jason Hanold, Hanold Associates". www.wboc.com. Retrieved 16 December 2021.