|Headquarters||Los Angeles, California, United States|
Hedonova is an American alternative investment management firm founded in 2020 by Alexander Cavendish and Suman Bannerjee. Headquartered in LA, California with offices in Paris and Tallinn. Hedonova invests in asset classes like wine, equipment finance, NFTs, litigation finance, art, students, startups, real estate, and other alternative asset classes.
The firm is regarded as a successful hedge fund with a unique investment portfolio that has managed to get a net return of over 55.2% annualized IIR since inception. Cryptocurrency and litigation financing are the highest-earning assets of Hedonova with annualized returns of 700 percent and 58 percent, respectively. Hedonova also makes investments with other alternative asset plarforms like Masterworks, Fundrise, Otis and other.
History and operations
Hedonova was founded in 2020 and is structured as a SEC qualified Delaware LLC 506(c) Regulation D fund. Hedonova, within a year, expanded its presence globally signing with investors from over 18 countries. The company currently has a core team of 16 members including investors, economists, researchers, engineers, and marketers, who are ex-traders from Davidson Kempner (one of the largest hedge funds in the world.) The highlighting feature of Hedonova is that it has a minimum investment of $1000, which is rather modest when compared to other platforms.
Hedonova is currently led by Alexander Cavendish, who serves as the CEO, and Suman Bannerjee, who serves as the CIO. Under their leadership, the company has created a vast portfolio spread across a diversified range of access classes, geographies, and risk profiles. Hedonova operates feeder funds in India, Singapore and Luxembourg in order to expand presence in Europe and Asia.
Hedonova has raised a total of $17.4M in funding over 3 rounds from major investors including Everbright and Northstar Global Partners. The company manages $82 million as of December 2021.
Hedonova's portfolio is diverse, with a combination of investments that increase in value and income-generating assets that give out a consistent income, resulting in a well-balanced portfolio. These include:
- Fine art
- Data center real estate
- Vacation rental real estate
- Cryptos, NFTs and Web3
- Agricultural economy
- Students from top universities
- Equipment financing
- Listed equities
- EM P2P Lending
- VC/PE funds
- Media Royalties
- Litigation Finance
In the media
- "Hedonova - Crunchbase Investor Profile & Investments". Crunchbase. Retrieved 23 December 2021.
- "Hedonova". EU-Startups. Retrieved 23 December 2021.
- Lee, Allen (14 September 2021). "10 Things You Didn't Know about Hedonova". Money Inc. Retrieved 23 December 2021.
- "Hedonova - MoneyMade". Hedonova - MoneyMade. Retrieved 23 December 2021.
- "Hedonova Review- Global Hedge Fund". Random Dimes. 3 October 2021. Retrieved 23 December 2021.
- "Hedonova: Now, anybody can invest in alternative assets from anywhere". rivercountry.newschannelnebraska.com. Retrieved 23 December 2021.
- "A hedge fund for everyone / A fund for everything from music royalties to carbon credits". www.ibtimes.sg. 7 January 2022. Retrieved 8 January 2022.
- Staff, Editorial (25 October 2021). "HEDONOVA: A Fund For Alternative Assets Including NFTs". startupanz.com. Retrieved 23 December 2021.
- Team, Editorial (9 December 2021). "Invest in portfolio of startups, art, wine and NFTs with just $1000". The IndianPreneur. Retrieved 23 December 2021.