Happy Numbers Inc.
|Founder||Evgeny Milyutin and Ivan Kolomoets|
|Headquarters||Palo Alto, CA|
Number of locations
Happy Numbers is an AI-enabled online learning platform founded in 2014. It is best known for offering unique educational technology and curriculum-based math lessons via its platform. Happy Numbers aims at assisting PK-5 teachers to teach mathematics via individualized instruction and adaptive learning methods.
Happy Numbers complies with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), the California Education Code including the Student Online Personal Information Protection Act (SOPIPA), and AB1584.
Happy Numbers is an award-winning website or online math curriculum that has been featured in several media outlets including Clever, Venture Beat, K-12 Dive, Tech & Learning, Education Dive, eSchool News, Observer, Business Insider, Bold, and other media outlets.
Happy Numbers was established in 2014 after extensive research in pedagogy and was then merged with the latest technological advancements to create a conceptual learning platform for elementary students. The idea behind the inception of Happy Numbers was to offer quality instruction along with promoting independent studies.
Since its inception, Happy Numbers has been adopted by over 200,000 teachers across the US to facilitate a deep understanding of comparatively tough subjects, primarily mathematics. The platform is suitable for small group instruction and remote learning at home and is compatible with all devices and web browsers.
Happy Numbers provides content with instructional value to promote deep conceptual understanding of math in English and Spanish.
Happy Numbers also offers a Quantile-based assessment that is available in English and Spanish. Their personalized assessment is designed to offer individualized instruction from PreK to Grade 5. To assist students, the system combines AI, personalization, cutting-edge learning methodologies, and psychology.
Happy Numbers builds conceptual understanding upon the three pillars of multiple representation, modeling, and manipulatives. These interconnected approaches to teaching math help students understand the idea behind the answer, build math flexibility, and apply this understanding effectively.
Happy Numbers is the recipient of the Brain Toy’s Academic's Choice Award and has been listed as a Best Math Solution by EdTech Digest.
In the media
- April 2020, TL Editors 09. "Happy Numbers Guides Learners to Deep Understanding of Math Skills". TechLearningMagazine. Retrieved 16 July 2021.
- ""Effective ed-tech requires a strong pedagogical foundation"". BOLD. 15 August 2018. Retrieved 16 July 2021.
- "Happy Numbers - Clever application gallery | Clever". clever.com. Retrieved 16 July 2021.
- "HappyNumbers uses AI to augment math teachers, not replace them". VentureBeat. 5 February 2018. Retrieved 16 July 2021.
- "When teachers have a fear of math, their pupils can absorb the wrong lesson". K-12 Dive. Retrieved 16 July 2021.
- "These Innovative Startups Take Education to the Next Level". Observer. 30 January 2018. Retrieved 16 July 2021.
- Love, Dylan. "How a guy who used to struggle as a student went on to create a math startup that serves school districts around the world". Business Insider. Retrieved 16 July 2021.
- "COVID-19: Free Resources to Help Parents & Teachers". Mom's Choice Awards. 5 May 2020. Retrieved 16 July 2021.