|Alma mater||University of California, Davis (BS)|
|Awards||Billboard’s Top Current Album Sales|
|Labels||Bravo Bros. Studio|
Eric Bravo (born November 20, 1990), also known by his stage name RAVO, is an American record producer, author, actor, musician, travel blogger, photographer, and YouTuber. Bravo currently serves as a records & script coordinator at Marvel Studios. He is the co-founder of the Bravo Bros. Studios and is the author of Amazon’s Top 15 Bestselling internship book, “How to Get an Animation Internship”.
Bravo is known for his work in animation on Nickelodeon’s The Outsiders, Rugrats Reboot, Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and DreamWorks’ Penguins of Madagascar. As a music producer, Bravo composes across several genres including hip-hop, electronic, country, and rap music. In 2020, he released his album, Need to Know, through Bravo Bros. Studios. The album debuted at #91 on the Billboard Top Current Album Sales chart.
Early life and education
Bravo attended the University of California, Davis to study Managerial Economics. During college, Bravo interned at Warner Bros. Records in International Marketing, Nickelodeon Animation in the Vault, and DreamWorks Animation on the movie Penguins of Madagascar as a production intern.
In the year 2013, Bravo made a music video for ASAP Rocky’s “Wild For The Night” on a GoPro. Within six months of its release, the video garnered over 1 million views on YouTube.
In 2014, Bravo made his animation debut by creating and writing his own cartoon short, The Outsiders, as a part of Nickelodeon’s Animated Shorts Program. Since then, he’s worked on Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Rugrats Reboot.
In 2018, Bravo, along with his brother, founded Bravo Bros. Studios. In the year 2020, under the stage name RAVO, he released his debut music album, Need to Know. The album charted at number ninety one on the Billboard Top Current Album Sales chart. Since then, Bravo has collaborations with artists such as Raekwon from the hip-hop collective Wu-Tang Clan, Mick Jenkins, Casey Veggies, Rockie Fresh, Dizzy Wright, along with Bay Area legends Mistah F.A.B., Nef the Pharaoh, and Keak da Sneak. In late 2021, Bravo announced his 52 weeks project, releasing a song a week for the entire year of 2022.
In 2018, Bravo authored the book How to Get an Animation Internship. This book was inspired by his animation blog, “The Storyboard Room”, and from his various internships experiences during college. How to Get an Animation Internship is one of Amazon’s top bestselling internship book and can be found online at Barnes & Noble, Walmart, Target, and Amazon.
Apart from his career in the animation and music industry, Bravo has also worked on Google’s Self-Driving Car Project and as a financial analyst at Lionsgate Entertainment.
As a photographer, Bravo currently sells his photographs at Image Art in San Francisco’s Pier 39. He has traveled across the globe capturing iconic landmarks. In his travel blog, “Let’s Go Bravo”, Bravo provides easy-to-digest travel guides.
Bravo has appeared in various television shows such as Stranger Things, Cobra Kai, Atlanta, and in Taylor Swift's music video, “I Knew You Were Trouble”. Bravo’s other appearances as an actor include Trauma (2010) as a basketball player, 90210 (2013) as a student concert goer, and Awkward (2013) as a high school student.
How to Get an Animation Internship (2018)
List of albums, with selected chart positions
|Title||Album details||US Top Current Album Sales|
|Need to Know||
|Need to Know (Radio Edit)||
|Need to Know (Deluxe)||
|2019||"Find Me" (featuring Ymtk & Yung Tory)|
|2020||"Speedracer" (featuring Dizzy Wright and Nikko Dator)|
|"Energy" (featuring Mick Jenkins and Casey Veggies)|
|"Jawsin’ on Citas" (featuring Mistah F.A.B., Nef the Pharaoh, and Keak da Sneak)|
|"Find Me" (Remix) (featuring Ymtk & Yung Tory)|
|"Speedracer" (Remix) (featuring Dizzy Wright)|
|"Energy" (UKG Remix) (featuring Mick Jenkins and Casey Veggies)|
|"Energy" (Club Remix) (featuring Mick Jenkins and Casey Veggies)|
|"If You Only Knew"|
|"Corazon De Fieltro"|
|"Ride of Die"|
|"Me Queda Claro"|
|"Let it Be Right" (Instrumental)|
|"Discipline" (featuring Minchanbaby and week dudus)|
|"Easier Said" (featuring Roach Gigz)|
|"Best of Me"|
|"Call N’ Tell Me"|
|"It Feels Like"|
|"Bubble Gum Trash"|
|"California" (DJ Mix)|
|"Bad Choices" (Instrumental)|
|"Willy Wonka" (Sweet Mix)|
|"Night Sky" (Instrumental)|
|"Lo Que Te Prometí"|
|"Walk Away" (Instrumental)|
|"Me Queda Claro" (Instrumental)|
|"Acid" (featuring Alyssia Marie)|
|"Work My Body"|
|"Jawsin’ on Citas" (Remix) (featuring Nef the Pharaoh)|
|"Night Sky" (Remix)|
|"Corazon de Fieltro" (Remix)|
|"Corre El Reloj"|
|"Corazon de Fieltro" (Remix)(Instrumental)|
|"Night Sky" (Remix)(Instrumental)|
|"Jawsin’ on Citas" (Club Remix)|
|"Sweet Chin Music" (featuring Raekwon and Mick Jenkins)|
|2013||It’s Dark Here||Cafe Patron|
|Penguins of Madagascar||Production Intern||Uncredited|
|2013||Taylor Swift: I Knew You Were Trouble||Raver||Music Video|
|90210||Student Concert Goer|
|Awkward||High School Student||Uncredited|
|2019||Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles||Script Coordinator
|2020||Rugrats Reboot||Production Assistant|
|2022||Stranger Things||Control Room Tech PD||Episode: “Chapter Nine: The Piggyback” (uncredited)|
|Cobra Kai||Crowd Goer||Episode: “The Rise”|
|Atlanta||Boom Operator||Episode: “Work Ethic!”|
In the media
- Mauli, Chad; Mauli, Chad (4 October 2022). "WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF RAVO". All Rap News. Retrieved 26 October 2022.
- "RAVO: Musician & Animator, Reaches Billboard Chart With Need to Know | Thizzler". Thizzler On The Roof. 4 September 2021. Retrieved 26 October 2022.
- "WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF RAVO". Raptology: Rap News - Rap Music - Rap Contests - Rap Articles. 2 April 2022. Retrieved 26 October 2022.
- "The Storyboard Room: Your Guide Into the Animation Industry on Apple Podcasts". Apple Podcasts. Retrieved 2022-10-27.
- "Y Factor Podcast: Eric Bravo - Hitting Top 100 Billboard Music Charts with "Need to Know" a Passion Project While Working Corporate - Lionsgate, DreamWorks, Nickelodeon, Google & More on Apple Podcasts". Apple Podcasts. Retrieved 26 October 2022.
- "WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF RAVO | Rap Castle". rapcastle. 12 September 2020. Retrieved 26 October 2022.
- "The Bandcamp Diaries". Tumblr. Retrieved 26 October 2022.
- "Former UC Davis student produces cartoon short with Nickelodeon". The Aggie. 4 January 2016. Retrieved 26 October 2022.
- Steinberg, Brian; Steinberg, Brian (5 June 2014). "Nickelodeon Greenlights 13-Episode Order Of 'Loud House'". Variety. Retrieved 26 October 2022.
- Cusson, Michael (2 January 2013). "Top Current Album Sales". Billboard. Retrieved 26 October 2022.
- Life, Music Is (29 May 2020). "Music Review: RAVO - SpeedRacer ft. Dizzy Wright & Nikko Dator". Xttrawave. Retrieved 26 October 2022.
- Connect, Cartoon Brew (21 May 2018). "How to Get an Animation Internship At A Major Studio". Cartoon Brew. Retrieved 26 October 2022.
- Team, The Deadline; Team, The Deadline (5 June 2014). "Nickelodeon Greenlights 'The Loud House' From Its Animated Shorts Program". Deadline. Retrieved 26 October 2022.
- Bravo, Eric (25 September 2020). "How many albums did Eric 'RAVO' Bravo have to sell to get on the Billboard Charts?". DIY Musician. Retrieved 26 October 2022.