|Born||1974 (age 48–49)|
|Organization||Pistevo Decision (merger of 4C Decision and Pisteo Health)|
Cupid Chan is a Hong Kong American entrepreneur, technology practitioner, consultant, and keynote speaker. He is the founder of 4C Decision, a consulting firm known for providing professional services on Technology and Business Management, and Pisteo Health, a 4C Decision subsidiary co-founded with doctors and former executive vice dean at Johns Hopkins University that focuses on improving the existing healthcare system. These 2 companies just merged and became Pistevo Decision in 2021. Chan also serves as a senior fellow and adjunct professor at the University of Maryland, where he teaches a course on Big Data and AI for Business in the Master’s program.
Chan specializes in AI, big data, cloud, and DevSecOps and has over two decades of experience in the technology field. Throughout his career, Chan has worked alongside several prolific clients providing solutions to numerous Fortune 500 companies and the public sector. As a management and technology consultant Chan offers his industry expertise to help his clients streamline their business operations and make informed future decisions for their company’s growth.
Chan is a Lead Architect for the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services' Business Intelligence Analytics program and served on the board at Linux Foundation ODPi. He is now chairing the LF AI & Data's BI & AI Committee, since 2017. Chan is also a well-known keynote speaker, having spoken at over 30 global events and seminars on subjects such as technology, artificial intelligence, big data, and business management.
Early life and education
Chan was born and brought up in Hong Kong. Later, Chan moved to Vancouver for his undergrad education. In 1996, Chan enrolled at the University of British Columbia, where he pursued a BASc in Electrical and Computer Engineering. In 2000 he went to Johns Hopkins University, where he acquired a master’s degree in ITS for business.
Chan started his career in 1999 as a software quality engineer at MicroStrategy. He worked for over twelve years with this firm, during which he assumed multiple roles like a principal quality engineer, software design engineer, and technical architect.
In 2012, Chan joined Infosys as a principal of management consulting services. He worked for almost 2 years with this multinational firm, during which he won a $66M contract and worked on multiple projects concerning business processes and complicated technical challenges.
In 2014, Chan founded 4C Decision, a consulting firm known for providing professional services on Technology and Business Management and helping companies make informed business decisions and technology solutions. He served as the managing partner of this firm. In the same year, Chan started working at CSC as a principal solutions architect and was soon promoted to the head of big data & analytics. Right after his exit from there, Chan became the CTO of Index Analytics, where he served for over five years.
In 2019, Chan co-founded Pisteo Health, which is a 4C Decision subsidiary focusing on improving the existing healthcare system. 4C Decision and Pistevo Health merged in 2021 and he currently serves as the CEO of the merger Pistevo Decision. Chan also serves as a senior fellow and adjunct professor at the University of Maryland, where he teaches a course on Big Data and AI for Business in the Master's program.
For the industry contribution, Chan has also been a part of the Technical Steering Committee (TSC) with Linux Foundation ODPi (now called LF AI and Data) and, as of 2021, serves as a chairperson of the BI & AI Committee in LF AI & Data. Chan is also a renowned keynote speaker and has addressed more than 30 global events and workshops on the topics of technology, AI, Big Data, and business management.
Licenses and certifications
- Sun Certified Programmer for the Java 2 Platform, Oracle, Issued in 2001
- Sun Certified Programmer for the Java 2 Platform, Oracle, Issued in 2006
- Project Management Professional (PMP), Project Management Institute, Issued in 2007 Expired in 2020
- Sun Certified Enterprise Architect for Java Platform EE, Issued in 2008
- MongoDB for Java Developers, MongoDB, Issued in 2015
- Tackling the Challenges of Big Data, MIT, Issued in 2015
- The Data Scientist’s Toolbox, John Hopkins University, Issued in 2015
- MongoDB for DBAs, MongoDB, Issued in 2015
- Hadoop Essentials, MapR Technologies, Issued in 2015
- R Programming, John Hopkins University, Issued in 2015
- MISMO Fundamentals, Mortgage Bankers Association, Issued in 2015
- Hadoop Operations Cluster Administration, MapR Technologies, Issued in 2015
- GIS System Architecture Design Strategy, Esri, Issued in 2015
- Cloudera Custom Training for Apache Hadoop, Clouders, Issued in 2015
- Certified SAFe® 4 Agilist, Scaled Agile, Issued in 2018
- Certified MISMO Standards Professional (CMSP), Mortgage Industry Standards Maintenance Organization, Issued in 2019
- Trifacta Wrangler Certification, Trifacta, Issued in 2019, Expired in 2021
- Signatory Official: Human Subject Research, CITI Program, Issued in 2021
In the media
- "Cupid Chan - Managing Partner @ 4C Decision - Crunchbase Person Profile". Crunchbase. Retrieved 19 October 2021.
- "Cupid Chan – Medium". Medium. Retrieved 19 October 2021.
- "Talking Big Data and AI with Cupid Chan". Asian News. 24 September 2021. Retrieved 19 October 2021.
- "AI and Machine Learning Can Prevent Fraud Attacks, Says Cupid Chan | 📝 LatestLY". LatestLY. 14 September 2021. Retrieved 19 October 2021.
- "Cupid Chan talks about his childhood and why he considers himself a 'Technology Entertainer'". Asian News. 17 September 2021. Retrieved 19 October 2021.
- "Digital Health: Opportunities For Entrepreneurs, Scientists And Doctors". propakistani.pk. Retrieved 19 October 2021.
- "Cupid Chan : All Things Open 2020". allthingsopen.org. Retrieved 19 October 2021.
- "Cupid Chan talks about Big Data Analytics and how you can benefit yourself". Asian News. 21 September 2021. Retrieved 19 October 2021.
- "Cupid Chan explains Business Intelligence, Big Data and how to apply them in business". apnnews.com. Retrieved 19 October 2021.
- "AI is not an existential threat to humanity - Cupid Chan". News Track. 7 September 2021. Retrieved 19 October 2021.
- GmbH, finanzen net. "ODPi Members IBM, SAS and Index Analytics Share How to Leverage Business Intelligence and Big Data for better ROI in New White Paper". markets.businessinsider.com. Retrieved 19 October 2021.
- "AI and Machine Learning Can Prevent Fraud Attacks, Says Cupid Chan". sg.news.yahoo.com. Retrieved 19 October 2021.
- "All Things Open 2020 - Cupid Chan - How to use AI to fight Fraud, Waste & Abuse > BENISNOUS". BENISNOUS. 28 October 2020. Retrieved 19 October 2021.
- Business, University of Maryland's Robert H. Smith School of. "Health IT and Analytics Experts to Present and Discuss Latest Research, Advances". www.prnewswire.com. Retrieved 19 October 2021.
|last1=has generic name (help)
- "M.R. Asks 3 Questions: Cupid Chan, CTO, Index Analytics". sandhill.com. Retrieved 19 October 2021.
- Yaseen, Javeria (2 July 2021). "What is big data and how to implement it in your company". Technology Times. Retrieved 19 October 2021.
- "Contributor Awards | MISMO". www.mismo.org. Retrieved 19 October 2021.