Coronation Merchant Bank
|Headquarters||10 Amodu Ojikutu St, Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria|
|Associated Discount House Limited (ADHL)|
Coronation Merchant Bank is a Nigeria investment bank and financial services company headquartered in Lagos, Nigeria. It offers services in Corporate Banking, Investment Banking, Private Banking-Wealth Management, International Trade and Global Markets/Treasury.
In January 2020, the bank appointed Banjo Adegbohungbe as the Acting Managing Director following the retirement of Abu Jimoh. In April 2020, the bank held its 5th Annual General Meeting (AGM) and he was confirmed as the substantive Managing Director/CEO following the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) approval.
In 1993. Associated Discount House Limited (ADHL) now Coronation Merchant Bank was founded. ADHL was licensed by the Central Bank of Nigeria to provide liquidity for sovereign debts notes and money market instruments.
In 2011, a new leadership was formed at ADHL, marking a new era for the emergence of Coronation Merchant Bank. The company has maintained a continuous growth across all metrics, turning challenges in the financial industry into opportunities.
ADHL began the transition into a merchant bank & Coronation Merchant Bank. A merchant bank license was obtained in 2013 and an FX dealing license in 2015.
The company includes 4 business units, as follows:
The Bank offers global expertise in providing solutions that meet the banking needs of businesses, manage risks efficiently and finance their plans for growth.
The Investment Banking division of the Bank offers a suite of efficient and high impact financial support solutions covering raising equity, debt or structured capital for businesses.
Treasury & Global Markets
The Bank is a primary dealer/market maker in the fixed income and currencies market and also, a dealing member of the Financial Markets Dealers Quotation (FMDQ), Securities Exchange and Financial Markets Dealership Association (FMDA).
Coronation Merchant Bank offer export/import financing and various types of structured finance to businesses.
|Year||Gross earnings||PBT||Total assets|
*CAGR - Compounded Annual Growth Rate: 2015 Base Year
|Mr. Babatunde Folawiyo||Chairman|
|Mr. Babatunde Dabiri||Non-Executive Director /Independent|
|Mrs. Suzanne Iroche||Non-Executive Director /Independent|
|Ms. Olubunmi Fayokun||Non-Executive Director /Independent|
|Mr. Larry Ettah||Non-Executive Director|
|Ms. Evelyn Oputu||Non-Executive Director|
|Mr. Adamu Atta||Non-Executive Director|
|Mr. Idaere Ogan||Non-Executive Director|
|Mr. Abubakar Jimoh||Executive Director|
|Mr. Adebanjo Adegbohungbe||MD/CEO|
* As of June, 2020
Awards and recognition
- In 2018, Coronation Merchant Bank was named the Best Investment Bank, Nigeria by Global Business Outlook, World Finance and International Finance Awards
- Businessday (BAFI Awards) named Coronation Merchant Bank the "Investment Bank of the Year" in 2018 and 2019
- World Finance and Global Banking & Finance Awards named Coronation Merchant Bank “Best Investment Bank, Nigeria” in 2019
- In July, 2020, World Finance named Coronation Merchant Bank as the winner for “Best Investment Bank, Nigeria". 
- "Central Bank of Nigeria | All Financial Institutions | Coronation Merchant Bank Limited". www.cbn.gov.ng. Retrieved 2020-07-06.
- "Coronation Merchant Bank - Brand Identity - Nucleus Case History". Nucleus. Retrieved 2020-07-06.
- "Chief Economist at Coronation Merchant Bank". Movemeback. Retrieved 2020-07-06.
- "How Coronation Merchant Bank is contributing to Nigeria's investment banking renaissance". www.worldfinance.com. Retrieved 2020-07-06.
- "Banjo Adegbohungbe appointed Acting Managing Director, Coronation Merchant Bank Lagos, Nigeria – January 30, 2020". Vanguard News. 2020-02-03. Retrieved 2020-07-06.
- editor (2020-02-03). "Coronation Merchant Bank Appoints Adegbohungbe Acting MD". THISDAYLIVE. Retrieved 2020-07-06.
- "Banjo Adegbohungbe appointed acting MD, Coronation Merchant Bank". Businessday NG. 2020-02-04. Retrieved 2020-07-06.
- Partners, N. M. (2020-02-03). "Coronation Merchant Bank appoints Banjo Adegbohungbe as Acting Managing Director". Nairametrics. Retrieved 2020-07-06.
- Partners, N. M. (2020-04-15). "Coronation Merchant Bank holds virtual AGM, appoints substantive MD". Nairametrics. Retrieved 2020-07-06.
- gmposts (2017-12-12). "Coronation Merchant Bank: Their Functions And All You Need To Know » GMPOSTS". GMPOSTS. Retrieved 2020-07-06.
- Ogwu, Sunday Michael; Lagos (2017-12-16). "How Coronation Merchant Bank stepped into the limelight". Daily Trust. Retrieved 2020-07-06.
- "What we do at Coronation Merchant Bank - Africa's Premier Investment Bank". Coronation Merchant Bank. Retrieved 2020-07-06.
- "Coronation Merchant Bank Commercial Paper Issuance Series V and VI Now Open". Coronation Merchant Bank Commercial Paper Issuance Series V and VI Now Open. Retrieved 2020-07-06.
- "Coronation Merchant Bank Commercial Paper - Series IX & X". Emerging Africa Capital Group. Retrieved 2020-07-06.
- editor (2020-03-06). "Coronation Merchant Bank's Profit Rises to N5.097bn". THISDAYLIVE. Retrieved 2020-07-06.
- "Coronation Merchant Bank declares N5.09bn profit after tax for 2019 | Premium Times Nigeria". 2020-03-05. Retrieved 2020-07-06.
- "Coronation Merchant Bank Emerges Nigeria's Best Investment Bank". Business Post Nigeria. 2018-10-03. Retrieved 2020-07-06.
- "Coronation Merchant Bank wins best investment bank award". Vanguard News. 2018-11-18. Retrieved 2020-07-06.
- Finance, World (2018-10-01). "Coronation Merchant Bank picks up award for Best Investment Bank in Nigeria". GlobeNewswire Newsroom. Retrieved 2020-07-06.
- "Coronation Merchant Bank wins best investment bank in Nigeria award". Nigerian Banker | Expanding your knowledge about Banking and the Economy. 2019-06-24. Retrieved 2020-07-06.
- Partners, N. M. (2019-06-24). "Coronation Merchant Bank wins Best Investment Bank in Nigeria award". Nairametrics. Retrieved 2020-07-06.
- "Banking Awards - The Benchmark for Banking". www.worldfinance.com. Retrieved 2020-07-08.
- Official website
- Coronation Merchant Bank on Facebook
- Coronation Merchant Bank on Instagram
- Coronation Merchant Bank on Twitter
- Coronation Merchant Bank on LinkedIn
This article "Coronation Merchant Bank" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.