Fort Lauderdale, FL
|Organization||Bell Rock Capital|
Cassandra Toroian is an American entrepreneur, author, and investment and finance professional. She is the founder of Bell Rock Capital, an investment advisory firm based in Delaware. Toroian currently serves as the president and chief investment officer of BRC and a board member of the Immanuel Shelter, where she is the director of fundraising and development.
Toroian is the author of the book "Don't Buy the Bull". She is regularly seen on CNBC as a keynote speaker discussing economic topics. Toroian has also been a guest speaker on several other platforms such as Fox News & Business and a guest commentator on TV's Money Matters Today.
Early life and education
Toroian was born in South Florida but grew up in the Philadelphia suburbs. Later she graduated from Lafayette College in 1994 with a bachelor’s degree in Government and Law. During her time there, Toroian was a member of the Pi Beta Phi Society and also played Tennis. Toroian was also a board member of the endowment fund of Lafayette College. She then went to the University of Miami and completed her MBA.
Soon after her graduation, Toroian started working as an intern at Merrill Lynch and Evensky, Brown, and Katz. In 1996, she went to work for a mutual fund company in Pennsylvania where she served as a buy-side analyst focusing on the banking and technology sectors. For a brief period, she also worked as a sell-side analyst with Ryan Beck & Co., prior to starting her entrepreneurial career.
Toroian cofounded Cohen Bros. & Co. in 1999 and helped this investment bank grow a variety of departments and products. Toroian was named a top analyst by the Wall Street Journal during her time at the company, and she became a recognized authority on private investment in public equity (PIPE) transactions. She oversaw various mergers and acquisitions for banks with assets ranging from $300 million to $1 billion, as well as rising stock and trust-preferred capital for several community banks. In 2005, Toroian sold her ownership in the company when it was managing more than $60 billion in collateral assets.
Toroian launched Bell Rock Capital, LLC, an SEC-registered financial advisory firm, in 2006. In 2009, the company was appointed as one of six asset management firms to serve as a financial agent of the United States Treasury and the firm acted in this position for many years, managing more than $500 billion in investments. By the end of 2018, Bell Rock had more than $350 million worth of invested assets.
Because of her expertise in the banking industry, she is also frequently used as a resource by major news outlets such as CNBC, Bloomberg Television, Fox Business, The Philadelphia Inquirer, USA Today, The Wall Street Journal, and The Boston Globe.
- Toroian, Cassandra. Don't buy the bull : dispelling disastrous investment advice and money-myths in our new economy. New York: Sterling & Ross Publishers. p. 128. ISBN 978-0982139264. Retrieved 20 May 2022.
In the media
- "About Marguerite Cassandra Toroian". Marguerite Cassandra Toroian. 4 June 2019. Retrieved 20 May 2022.
- "Cassandra Toroian". www.amazon.com. Retrieved 20 May 2022.
- "Don't Buy The Bull - Cassandra Toroian". www.dontbuythebull.com. 14 September 2010. Retrieved 20 May 2022.
- "Marguerite Cassandra Toroian". CakeResume. Retrieved 20 May 2022.
- Rozier, Angela (9 March 2022). "South Florida business owner paying about 10% more to fill his fleet". WPBF. Retrieved 20 May 2022.
- "Cassandra Toroian". www.goodreads.com. Retrieved 20 May 2022.
- "Cassandra Toroian". www.slideshare.net. Retrieved 20 May 2022.