Andrei-Dragos Popescu (born 30 May 1985) is a Romanian entrepreneur, blockchain expert, investor, and keynote speaker. He is the founder of SCX Holdings, a leading alternative asset management, investment, and intellectual property holding company based in Singapore.
Popescu is best known for his vast experience in the financial digital assets and blockchain industry. He has over a decade of experience in actively working on expanding the new digital economy and bringing forth new-age investment. Popescu specializes in Strategic Investments in Disruptive Technologies & Innovations, DLT, Crypto Asset Trading Systems, Digital Markets & Trading Platforms, Data Capital, Artificial Intelligence Applications, AI-based Automated Trading Strategies, Business Strategy Implementations via AI systems.
Popescu is recognized for his active participation in the FinTech sphere, Crypto & Alternative Assets Class Ecosystems, and the Blockchain/DLT communities across Southeast Asia, Europe, and the USA.
Early life and education
Popescu was born on 30 May, 1985 în Romania to Popescu Constantin and Popescu Ioana. Later he enrolled in the University of Craiova, Romania, where he completed his college education, acquiring bachelor’s degrees in Management, IT and Multimedia, master’s degree in Business Management and PhD in Finance.
Popescu started his career in 2006 when he founded WSX Ventures, which is a global investment firm based in Romania, now having the role of Non-Executive Director. In 2010 when he joined Baris Futures LLC as a Managing Partner. He worked for over two years at the concept of an investment club.
In 2013, Popescu joined Auric Pacific Group, an investment holding company based in Singapore as a Business Development Manager. After a year, he started working at Sollers Consulting as Head of Business Development. Popescu worked for two years overlooking all the functional and organizational responsibilities of the firm.
In 2016, Popescu was appointed as the Chief Strategy Officer of Exulto Consulting, which is an international management consulting firm based in Singapore, where he worked for over a year. In the same year, Popescu became a Corp Member of TiE, an expert network of innovators, business leaders, investors, and influencers. He also became a member at The Bitcoin Foundation headquartered in Washington D.C.
In 2017, Popescu co-founded COSS, a platform offering all features of a digital economical system based on cryptocurrencies. It offers a vast range of services including exchanges, payrolls, wallets, acquisitions, and transactions.
In 2018, Popescu started working as a blockchain expert at GLG, GlobalWonks, and OnFrontiers, firms offering finance and fintech solutions. Popescu co-founded SCX Holdings in the same year. It is an Alternative Asset Management Co & an Investment and Intellectual Property Holding Company.
In 2019, Popescu was appointed as the Global Strategy Director at SP Virgo Holdings, a holding company operating in the Oil and Gas, Marine, Construction, Civil Engineering, and Logistics market sectors.
Apart from this, Popescu is also a renowned keynote speaker and has addressed various platforms on the topics of FinTech, Financial Innovations, and Blockchain including Singapore FinTech Festival, BlockShow Asia 2018, Hong Kong Fintech Week, Guangzhou International Innovation Festival, and several others.
Books and selected publications
- Popescu, Andrei-Dragoş; Depaola, Louis; Nern, Karen; Urquhart, Jean (2013-03-12). Decentralized Finance (Defi) – The Lego Of Finance. pp. 321–348. Retrieved 21 April 2021.
- Popescu, Andrei-Dragos; Stoltz, J. F.; Alexandre, P.; Streiff, F. (1975-06-30). Transforming Capital Markets by means of Financial Digital Assets. pp. 108–120. Retrieved 21 April 2021.
- Kagan, Julia. Financial Technology – FintechDefinition. Retrieved 21 April 2021.
- Grant, Timothy Mark; Popescu, Andrei-Dragoş; Stăuceanu, Radu-Gabriel; Voinea, Dan-Valeriu. Acacia Protocol – A Proposal Of Structured Products For And Within The Decentralized Finance Ecosystem. pp. 362–387. Retrieved 21 April 2021.
- Andrei-Dragos Popescu. Retrieved 21 April 2021.
- Popescu, Andrei-Dragoş. The Value Of Data From An Artificial Intelligence Perspective. pp. 172–194. Retrieved 21 April 2021.
- Popescu, Andrei-DragoÅŸ. Empowering Financial Inclusion Through Fintech. pp. 198–215. Retrieved 21 April 2021.
- Human Resource Management – Scitech. Retrieved 21 April 2021.
- International Monetary Fund (IMF) - Financial Market Analysis: Credential ID 7de9812e22b241cdb83c54b1b5e81e89
- International Monetary Fund (IMF) - Macroeconomic Diagnostics: Credential ID 4431e395094249619e0c5cb944e74f63
- Harvard Business School - Entrepreneurship in Emerging Economies: Credential ID f6ca655ddb8e4c76b1499a3752a050d8
- New York Institute of Finance (NYIF) - Fundamentals of Market Structure: Credential ID e672afa89d3a4b0c94365a563e89a51e
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) - Just Money: Banking as if Society Mattered: Credential ID c81990e51ef34b4f98c1a2f35cb3988d
- International Monetary Fund (IMF) - Financial Development and Financial Inclusion: Credential ID 0c6ec0322e954239a5bd960ef51099e0
- Spiru Haret University - Entrepreneurial Competences: Credential ID 00119283
- Romania Ministry of Education, Research and Innovation - Human Resources Inspector/Reviewer: Credential ID 00112424
- Romania Ministry of Education, Research and Youth - Labor Protection Inspector: Credential ID 0318410
Popescu is fluent in Romanian, English, French, Italian, Spanish and German.
In the media
- "Andrei Popescu - Crunchbase Person Profile". Crunchbase. Retrieved 21 April 2021.
- "researchgate". Retrieved 21 April 2021.
- "Andrei-Dragos Popescu". scholar.google.com. Retrieved 21 April 2021.
- "Bucharest, Romania: BlockCon - Disruptive Innovation Conference Resume". Financial IT. Retrieved 21 April 2021.
- "Andrei-Dragos Popescu's Publons profile". publons.com. Retrieved 21 April 2021.
- "Andrei Dragos Popescu | IDEAS/RePEc". ideas.repec.org. Retrieved 21 April 2021.
- "sserr.ro" (PDF). Retrieved 21 April 2021.
- "aucjc" (PDF). Retrieved 21 April 2021.
- "sserr" (PDF). Retrieved 21 April 2021.
- Leong, Vidya Ranganathan, Lisa Twaronite, Richard (26 December 2017). "Bitcoin recovers some losses after its worst week since 2013". Reuters. Retrieved 21 April 2021.
- "Bitcoin rises 10%, recovers from last week's brutal sell-off". The Straits Times. 26 December 2017. Retrieved 21 April 2021.
- T, Christian (14 April 2018). "Crypto Marketplace Insights with Andrei Popescu - Co-Founder of COSS.IO and SCX Holdings". Coin Info - Blockchain & Cryptocurrency News. Retrieved 21 April 2021.
- Gros, de Valentin. "Banii viitorului: 'În 10 ani, tranzacţiile vor fi făcute numai în criptomonede'". www.capital.ro (in Romanian). Retrieved 21 April 2021.CS1 maint: unrecognized language (link)
- "Conference Blockchain - Disruptive Innovation". The Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Romania. Retrieved 21 April 2021.
- Adzo, Kossi. "Innovation and Transformation within Traditional Finance World by means of Digital Assets". Retrieved 21 April 2021.
- "Bitcoin bubble inflates again after pre-Christmas rout". the Guardian. 26 December 2017. Retrieved 21 April 2021.
- "System Execution Podcast: What is Cryptocurrency and How Does it Work: Everything You Need to Know, with Andrei Popescu on Apple Podcasts". Apple Podcasts. Retrieved 21 April 2021.
- "Bitcoin Price: The Upsurge Goes On". coinidol.com. Retrieved 21 April 2021.