|Type of business||Private|
|Headquarters||Tel Aviv, Israel|
accessiBe was founded in 2018 by Dekel Skoop, Gal Vizel and Shir Ekerling. accessiBe works on a fully automated AI system that adjusts the UI interface of the client’s website enabling the people with visual impairments to have full accessibility. accessiBe’s software is compliant with WCAG 2.1, ADA Title III, Section 508, EAA/EN301548 and ACA/AODA.
accessiBe created the first solution working on two artificial technologies that automatically works to support screen readers, make websites keyboard-navigable and other things in an affordable price. accessiBe ensures a smooth and rapid transition that makes any website fully accessible for any business.
accessiBe was founded with the aim to develop a proprietary software that makes websites accessible for people with disabilities. The motive behind the foundation of this company is to make the worldwide digital space accessible to all the people around the world.
The technology hence used by assessiBe is AI-powered and fully automated, it scans and remediates websites’ code in real-time, to achieve ADA compliance through implementing the ADA and WCAG 2.1 guidelines. The accessibility interface facilitated by this company comprises six accessibility profiles that are tailored made to accommodate the needs of people with disabilities such as epilepsy, motor impairments, visual impairment, cognitive dysfunction.
accessiBe leverages machine learning to scan, analyze, and interpret every element on the web page in a similar manner that is parallel to the sighted users. Then, it uses ARIA attributes and several other behavior adjustments in order to provide full context to screen readers, enabling blind users to navigate and browse through sites accurately.
The first version developed by assessiBe took 18 months to complete and was launched in 2018. It was created with the support and guidance of disabled people. In just a span of two years, accessiBe closed over 55,000 clients including Volvo, BMW, Hilton, Burger King, LonelyPlanet, Fiverr, Deloitte Billabong, and HStern.
Product and services
The services offered of accessiBe are based on computer vision technologies and majorly works on two applications that are The Accessibility Interface and an AI powered background access.
The Accessibility Interface
This interface developed by accessiBe modifies the user’s website according to his/her needs or disabilities. These adjustments can differ in font sizes, color contrasts, stop animations, and others depending on the requirement of the user. The Accessibility interface allows content, orientation and display modifications which make browsing and using a website possible. This interface provides a number of profiles that are designed according to the specific needs of disabled people of people suffering from ADHD, epilepsy or cognitive disabilities.
The key features of this interface include:
- Stop Animations: These are usually helpful for people suffering from epilepsy, this feature instantly freezes all the animations, gifs and flashing images to make the page understandable for the users.
- Virtual Keyboard: This feature is specifically designed for people with motor disabilities and pops up an on-screen keyboard which eliminates the need to use a mouse.
- Online Dictionary: This feature is for people suffering from cognitive disabilities and allows searching for phrases, abbreviations and concepts.
- Quick Navigation: This feature is also helpful for people with motor disabilities and helps them reach any important page with a single click.
AI Powered Background Access
This service handles screen-reader and keyboard navigation adjustments for the blind and the motor impaired. The AI scans images on the site and adds alternative text (Alt tags) extracting the embedded text using OCR, and identifies the objects that comprise the image using IRIS. With this function it provides accurate and elaborate alternative text to the images making it friendly for a blind user. This is done using the contextual understanding and image recognition scanning and analyzing websites and adjusting them for the blind users’ screen-readers
The services hence provided by accessiBe keeps the users safe from lawsuits along with bringing in new clients and boosting brand perception.
accessiBe has raised $12.5 million in two rounds of funding. In the first round it raised $500,000 from private investors including Nadav Dakner, Elad Mor, Itai Elizur, Oron Yaffe, and others. The second round that was in May 2020, the company raised $12 million in Series A funding led by K1 Investment Management.
In the media
- "Israeli AI-Powered Web Accessibility Company AccessiBe Raises $12M". NoCamels. 2020-05-13. Retrieved 2020-09-07.
- Reporter, IBTimes Staff (2020-04-20). "accessiBe Looks to Advance digital Inclusion through AI-Powered Web Accessibility". International Business Times. Retrieved 2020-09-10.
- Moss, Ben. "accessiBe Review 2020: Solving Web Accessibility with AI and Scalability". Retrieved 10 October 2020.
- "accessiBe Review: An AI-Based Website Accessibility Tool to Comply with the ADA". Designmodo. 2019-11-28. Retrieved 2020-09-07.
- Spencer, Jennifer (2019-11-27). "Yes, AI Can Make Company Websites Accessible to All". Entrepreneur. Retrieved 2020-09-07.
- "How AI-enabled marketing can lower website bounce rates and improve accessibility". Marketing Tech News. 2019-10-15. Retrieved 2020-09-07.
- Inc, CaterTrax (2020-02-19). "CaterTrax Launches AI Powered Accessibility Technology, CaterTrax Assist". GlobeNewswire News Room. Retrieved 2020-09-07.
- אורבך, מאיר (2020-05-13). "חברת אקססיבי גייסה 12 מיליון דולר לנגישות של אתרי אינטרנט". כלכליסט - www.calcalist.co.il. Retrieved 2020-09-07.
- Trends 3, Itai Elizur In Technology (2019-08-20). "How to Make Your Website ADA Compliant, Avoid Accessibility Lawsuits". Small Business Trends. Retrieved 2020-09-07.
- "Best Web Accessibility Solutions of 2019 Compared". CloudWedge. Retrieved 2020-09-07.
- "accessiBe aims to make the Internet accessible by 2025". Information Age. 2020-01-21. Retrieved 2020-09-07.
- FinSMEs (2020-05-13). "accessiBe Raises $12M in Funding". FinSMEs. Retrieved 2020-09-07.
- "להנגיש אוטומטית כל אתר לאנשים עם מוגבלויות: אקססיבי גייסה 12 מיליון דולר". TheMarker. Retrieved 2020-09-07.
- "Why Your Website Might Not Be Welcoming for People With Disabilities". Fortune. Retrieved 2020-09-07.
- Reporter, IBTimes Staff (2020-02-17). "Leading Companies That Are Disrupting Their industries". International Business Times. Retrieved 2020-09-07.
- יבלונקו, יסמין (2020-05-13). "הסטארט-אפ הישראלי accessiBe גייס 12 מיליון דולר מקרן K1". Globes. Retrieved 2020-09-07.
- "אקססיבי הישראלית מגייסת כסף, כי אתרים לא מונגשים מפסידים כניסות וחשופים לתביעות". גיקטיים (in עברית). 2020-05-13. Retrieved 2020-09-07.
- Resnick, Nathan (2019-08-19). "6 ways to create a website that's accessible (and why it's important to do so)". Podium | The Next Web. Retrieved 2020-09-07.
- Trends 2, Rob Starr In Technology (2020-02-03). "accessiBe. Set and Forget AI Powered ADA Web Compliance Software". Small Business Trends. Retrieved 2020-09-07.
- "3 Reputation Management Tasks You've Never Considered - but Should Be Doing". Social Media Today. Retrieved 2020-09-07.
- Burns, Stephanie. "Love Your Customers By Building An Inclusive Website For Them". Forbes. Retrieved 2020-09-07.
- 319shares; 1.3kreads (2020-05-18). "How Ecommerce Stores Can Care About Customers During the Pandemic". Search Engine Journal. Retrieved 2020-09-07.
- "How eCommerce Store Owners Can Help Persons with Disabilities During the COVID-19 Crisis". Business 2 Community. Retrieved 2020-09-07.
- "Israeli startup accessiBe scores $12 million to make web content accessible to the visual, hearing and motor impaired". Tech.eu. Retrieved 2020-09-07.
- "Web accessibility platform accessiBe secures $12 million to make the entire web accessible". BetaNews. 2020-05-15. Retrieved 2020-09-07.
- Singh, Preeti (2020-05-14). "K1 Bets $12 Million on Company That Improves Internet Access for the Disabled". Wall Street Journal. ISSN 0099-9660. Retrieved 2020-09-07.
- "Israeli Startup accessiBe Secures $12M Investment from K1 | Finance Magnates". Finance Magnates | Financial and business news. 2020-05-13. Retrieved 2020-09-07.
- Dorbian, Iris (2020-05-13). "K1 invests $12m in AccessiBe". PE Hub. Retrieved 2020-09-07.