|Add a Photo|
|Born||July 10, 1988|
|Education||Bachelor’s degree in Economics and Political Science|
|Occupation||Chief Administrative Secretary|
|Organization||Ministry of Education|
Zachariah Kìnùthia (born on 10 July, 1988) popularly known as Zack Kìnùthia is the Chief Administrative Secretary, Ministry of Education and an outspoken former Student Organization of Student Organization of Nairobi University (SONU) Chairman.
Early life and Education
Zack Kìnùthia, the son of Ms. Lucy Mugure was born in Marumī village, Kigumo Ward, Gatitu Constituency,Murang’a County. He hails from theKikuyu tribe, a Bantu ethnic group. He attended Kigumo Primary School in his home County and later joined Gaichanjiru High School in Murang’a County. In 2010, after accomplishing his secondary education, he joined the University of Nairobi where he pursued Bachelor’s degree in Economics and Political Science. While at the University of Nairobi, he ventured into students politics and was successfully elected as the SONU chairman. He also served as a Christian Union leader. Zack Kìnùthia is currently pursuing a degree in Law at the same University.
While at University of UoN, Zack Kìnùthia successfully vied for the chairmanship of the much-coveted student leadership position for the year 2013/2014 joining previous luminaries the like Kabando wa Kabando, Wafula Buke, Mwandawiro Mgangha and Eric Janganya among others.
During his reign as (SONU) Chairman, he reclaimed the glory of student’s fraternity from the infamous image of riots, chaos and hooliganism . He achieved this no mean fete, restoring, order and tranquility at the university by identifying the main institutional triggers of student’s conflicts, engaged top decision makers, and together, managed to recalibrate student’s relationship with the university management, Higher Education Loans and the Ministry of Education .
In his days of studentship, he was also active member of Christian Union and later became the congregation's leader
In 2014, after graduating from the University with his first degree, Zack Kìnùthia worked as a research assistant at a community project supporting the fight against HIV/AIDS in Kenya, an initiative of the University of Nairobi, known as Central Kenya Response - Integration, Strengthening and Sustainability plus Project (CRISSP) .
In 2013, Zack Kìnùthia joined the presidential campaign in support of the then Presidential candidate his Excellency Uhuru Kenyatta and later got involved in the formation of Jubilee Party as well as President Uhuru's re-election youth campaign .
Zack Kìnùthia was appointed as the Chief Chief Administrative Secretary for Education on January 15, 2020 by his Excellency President Uhuru Kenyatta alongside Ms. Mumina Bonaya . He was sworn on January 17 of the same year at State House and took the oath of office in the presence of Education Cabinet Secretary, George Magoha|Prof. George Magoha his present boss . The former University of UoN VC, Prof. George Magoha describes the CAS as "one of few ethical leaders in the society who is incorruptible" 
The CAS commitments include vocational education expansion, the roll-out of the Competency-Based Curriculum (CBC) and the 100% transition from primary to secondary school.
Zack is the first appointee and second to hold the position after Prof. Collete A. Suda, PhD. He is among the youngest leaders to hold a top government position .
Previously, he has been part of committee of organizers of National Prayer Breakfast Meeting in the Country and has traveled to the United States for experiential learning courtesy of US Prayer Breakfast scholarship .
Zack Kìnùthia is a husband and a father to two children
Zack Kìnùthia is a lover of philosophy, culture and music; he is well spoken in several languages and a budding authority in the Kikuyu language and culture .
In the media
- pm, Samuel Mbataru on 14 January 2020-3:22. "The Rise and Rise of Zack Kinuthia". Kenyans.co.ke. Retrieved 2020-12-29.
- "Chief Administrative Secretaries". www.education.go.ke. Retrieved 2020-12-29.
- pm, Samuel Mbataru on 15 January 2020-4:57. "Zack Kinuthia's Mother Reveals Son's Troubled Past After Uhuru Appointment". Kenyans.co.ke. Retrieved 2020-12-29.
- "Meet Nadia and Zach: Kenya's youngest CASs". Citizentv.co.ke. Retrieved 2020-12-29.
- Hub, Africa News. "INTERVIEW: Zack Kinuthia; Chairman SONU on understanding the student mentality". www.africanewshub.com. Retrieved 2020-12-29.
- "Hon. Zack Kinuthia | Global Peace Foundation". www.globalpeace.org. Retrieved 2020-12-29.
- "Mr. Zack Kinuthia, Chairman, SONU for the year 2013/2014 addresses first year students". University of Nairobi.
- "Gangs on campus". Nation. Retrieved 2020-12-29.
- "'Born-again' SONU chairman vows to clean up UoN's image - The Sauce". www.capitalfm.co.ke. Retrieved 2020-12-29.
- "UoN CRISS+ Project supporting fight against HIV | COLLEGE OF HEALTH SCIENCES". chs.uonbi.ac.ke. Retrieved 2020-12-29.
- "Zack Kinuthia speaks on behalf of the Youth at the BBI rally in Meru". Nation. Retrieved 2020-12-29.
- "Zach Kinuthia, Nadia Abdallah, Peter Odoyo among 10 new CASs sworn in". Citizentv.co.ke. Retrieved 2020-12-29.
- David (2020-01-19). "Uhuru Appointee Rushes to Cut Hair After Securing Govt Job". Kenya Gist. Retrieved 2020-12-29.
- am, Denis Mwangi on 7 October 2020-11:59. "I Learnt of My CAS Appointment on Radio - Zack Kinuthia Recalls [VIDEO]". Kenyans.co.ke. Retrieved 2020-12-29.
- https://www.the-star.co.ke/authors/current-affairs-reporter. "Uhuru, Raila to attend US National Prayer Breakfast Meeting". The Star. Retrieved 2020-12-29.
- "Five most influential young Kenyans 2020 - Opera News". ke.opera.news. Retrieved 2020-12-29.
This article "Zack Kìnùthia" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.