|Add a Photo|
|Born||1978 (age 42–43)|
|Education||MA in Fine Art|
Yu-Chen Wang (born 1978 in Taichung Taiwan) is a British-Taiwanese artist. She is now based in London, UK, working internationally.
Yu-Chen Wang graduated with an MA in Fine Art from Chelsea College of Art in London in 2002, she previously attended the Postgraduate Study programme at Goldsmiths College University of London.
She uses drawing to explore mechanical and biological forms, and explore the ways in which their bodily borderlines blur and mutate. Her researches expand into collaborations producing sculptural installation, performance, music, films and events. Her exhibitions are often accompanied by dinner or breakfast events hosted by the artist, like the cross-cultural Pān-toh Supra, a collaboration with the artist Andro Semeiko at the Contemporary Art Space in Batumi Georgia 2017 and the Tbilisi Triennial in Georgia 2018.
Current and upcoming projects include a new commission and solo exhibition at New Doncaster Museum and Library in 2020, a residency at Metal, Peterborough in 2020 and a new commission for Grand Union Birmingham (2018–2022).
Wang also works as a curator. For many years she was running the project space Basement in central London.
Awards and residencies
- 2018: CERN Honorary Mention Collide International
- 2018: CERN New Art Commission
- 2018: Junction Works Residency at Grand Union
- 2014: This is the end..., Taipei Biennial (curated by Nicolas Bourriaud), Taipei City
- 2020: Invisible: There’s more to it than meets the eye, Science Gallery Dublin
Yu-Chen Wang is Associate Lecturer in BA and MA Drawing at Camberwell College / University of Arts London and Associate Lecturer in BA Fine Art at Goldsmiths College University of London. She has given lectures and talks at Liverpool John Moore University, University of Lancaster, National Taipei University of Education, University for the Creative Arts Canterbury, National Cheng Kung University inTainan, Wimbledon College of Arts London; College of Arts of the University of Lincoln, Lasalle College of the Arts in Singapore.
In the media
- Wang, Yu-Chen, 1978- (2012). The song of the machines. Thatcher, Jennifer. Manchester: Chinese Arts Centre. ISBN 9780954544089. OCLC 828716905.CS1 maint: multiple names: authors list (link)
- "The Song of the Machines". Cornerhouse Publications. Retrieved 2019-11-06.
- "Art Gallery". Heritage Doncaster. Retrieved 2019-11-03.
- "Yu-Chen Wang". Metal. Retrieved 2019-11-03.
- "Yu-Chen Wang: Unlocking Canal History". Grand Union. Retrieved 2019-11-03.
- "Arts at CERN announces the winners of the Collide awards". CERN. Retrieved 2019-11-03.
- "Yu-Chen Wang". Arts at CERN. 2018-07-31. Retrieved 2019-11-03.
- "Yu-Chen Wang: Junction Works Residency". Grand Union. Retrieved 2019-11-06.
- "2014 Yu-Chen Wang". TAIPEI BIENNIAL 2014 台北雙年展. Retrieved 2019-11-06.
- "Invisible". invisiblesciencegallery.com. Retrieved 2020-05-24.
- Yu-Chen Wang on twitter
- Yu-Chen Wang | Arts at CERN
- DRAW Yu-Chen Wang | UAL
- Yu-chen Wang | Artwork | Saatchi Art
- Yuchen Wang - ArtStation
- Yu-Chen Wang on instagram
- Yu-Chen Wang on vimeo
This article "Yu-Chen Wang" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.