Xena East (singer)
October 14, 1992
Stephanie Laurens (born 14 October 1992), popularly known by her stage name Xena East is an Australian pop singer and a certified dog psychologist based in Melbourne. She is the founder of Alpha Female K9 Academy which has gained recognition for dealing with aggressive dogs.
Xena East gained recognition as an up-and-coming pop singer with the release of her debut album, Stay Beautiful Queens, followed by her debut EP, Feelings Never Change. Xena East’s most recent song - titled For Us has also received a positive response across different music platforms.
Xena East is a self-taught musical artist who is best known for her songs that are inspired by her troubled past, personal life, and her problems with love and relationships. Some of her popular songs are - First Love, Lonely, Because Of You, Can’t You See, and I Will Give Everything.
Xena East was born as a male on 14 October 1992 in Melbourne, Australia. Growing up as David Nhieu, Xena East realized she was different when she was four years old. She had a troubled childhood and was often bullied at school and abused at home. Xena East also found herself uncomfortable around boys and dealt with severe gender identity issues at that time. While growing up, she considered Kayla Nhieu, her aunt, as her best friend and often confided in her about her abusive parents. Going through such psychological trauma at a young age, Xena East developed a learning disability that was a direct result of brain damage caused by excessive sleeping which was encouraged by her father. When Xena East enrolled in college, her perception of identifying more with girls solidified and became obvious in her demeanor. This resulted in her being bullied by her classmates. Her gender dysphoria at this time reached its peak and she understood why she always felt different - Because she was trapped inside a boy's body. She discovered what transgender was at the age of 20 after watching a sex transition video on YouTube and seeking counseling from her therapist, telling her that she wanted to turn into a girl. She later went to a psychologist and told her the same story about wanting to be a girl, and the psychologist diagnosed her with gender dysphoria. After this diagnosis, Xena East decided to go through with the surgery, started taking female hormones online, and transitioned into a girl. At the age of 23, she had voice surgery at Yeson Voice Center in Korea, followed by a Sex change surgery at Olmec hospital. She paid for these surgeries by taking up a job as a sex worker. After the successful completion of the surgery, Xena East was also diagnosed with bipolar disorder and was admitted to the hospital for ECT, which caused her to have memory loss.
Xena East holds a Bachelor’s degree in Human Psychology and Astrology Management and a Ph.D. Degree in Canine Psychology and Behavior Management.
In 2008 after completing her Ph.D. in canine psychology and behavior management, Xena East started her career as a Dog Psychologist. Over the past decade, she has had extensive experience and has worked on numerous cases, becoming a specialist in dealing with aggressive dogs by leveraging her intensive research.
Xena East's music career began in 2019 at the age of 27 when she met her friend Kenya, who raps songs. Inspired by her, Xena East began rapping music and uploading it to Soundcloud. She then began singing covers of songs by popular artists such as Billie Eilish, Justin Beiber, and Selena Gomez and demonstrating her vocal talent. In 2020, Xena East released her first album, Stay Beautiful Queens, through TuneCore. In the next two years, Xena East released a couple of singles all of which are available on outlets including YouTube Music, Soundcloud, Spotify, Apple Music, and Deezer.
|1||Stay Beautiful Queens||2020||Album (10 songs)|
|4||Feelings Never Change||2022||EP (3 songs)|
In the media
- Stone, Jennifer (30 July 2020). "Xena East Makes Some Fresh Songs, Sharing Her Distinctive Thoughts on How She Found Herself Down the Tough Road". Daily Music Roll. Retrieved 5 May 2022.
- "Xena East's Melodious Voice In Her New Song "I Never Knew" Will Remind Audiences Of The Pain Of Love". 5music.org. Retrieved 5 May 2022.
- Club, Music Promotion. "Upcoming Melbourne Pop Artist Xena East's New Track 'First Love' Emits the Best Creative Essence". Issuewire. Retrieved 5 May 2022.
- "Melbourne Pop Artist Xena East Releases New Track 'First Love' Comprising of the Best Piano Progressions | Your Digital Wall". yourdigitalwall.com. 24 September 2021. Retrieved 5 May 2022.
- "Melodious Voice of Xena East in her New Song 'I Never Knew' Will Remind the Audience of the Pain of Love | The Magazineplus". themagazineplus. 21 April 2022. Retrieved 5 May 2022.
- "Emerging Artist Xena East has Offered Another Song Titled 'I Never Knew', Conveyed in her Charming Vocals". musicpromotion.club. Retrieved 5 May 2022.