|Born||January 25, 1947|
Honnef, West Germany
|Alma mater||University of Bonn|
Wolfgang Ockenfels, (born 25 January 1947 in Honnef, West Germany), is a Catholic priest, theologian and professor of social ethics.
Life and Career
In 1967, he joined the order of the Dominicans. Between 1968 and 1974, he studied philosophy at the College of the order in Walberberg, later he studied Catholic theology at the University of Bonn, as well as social ethics and economics in Fribourg (Switzerland). After his Ph.D. in 1978, he became an editor of the Catholic conservative weekly newspaper Rheinischer Merkur for three years. From 1985 to 2015, he was a professor for Christian Social Ethics at the University of Trier in West Germany. He was also an advisor to the papal council “Iustitia et Pax” in Rome. Since 1992 he is editor-in-chief of the Christian journal ‘’Die Neue Ordnung’’ , Besides, he frequently writes for the Catholic newspaper ‘’Die Tagespost’’. Ockenfels has edited many books on ethics, theology and politics. He received several awards, among them the Joseph-Höffner-Prize Since 2018, he sits on the advisory council of the Desiderius-Erasmus-Stiftung, a foundation close to the Alternative for Germany party (AfD). He is a member of the CDU, but critical of chancellor Angela Merkel.
Books and publications
- Gewerkschaften und Staat, Institut für Gesellschaftswissenschaften Walberberg, 1979
- Das hohe C: Wohin steuert die CDU? Sankt-Ulrich-Verlag, Augsburg, 2009
- Was kommt nach dem Kapitalismus? Sankt-Ulrich-Verlag, Augsburg, 2011
Wolfgang Ockenfels in the Media
- ↑ Tagespost, Die (July 19, 2018). "Die Tagespost". die-tagespost.de.
- ↑ "Prof. Dr. Dr. Ockenfels". theologie.uni-trier.de.
- ↑ "PAULINUS - Wochenzeitung im Bistum Trier". www.paulinus.de.
- ↑ "Die Neue Ordnung". www.die-neue-ordnung.de.
- ↑ "Sozialethiker Ockenfels wird mit Joseph-Höffner-Preis ausgezeichnet". kath.net katholische Nachrichten. May 10, 2016.
- ↑ "Kuratorium – Erasmus Stiftung".
- ↑ Tagespost, Die (June 30, 2017). "Die Tagespost". die-tagespost.de.
This article "Wolfgang Ockenfels" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.