Wintershall Dea

From Wikitia
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Wintershall Dea
German limited liability company (GmbH)
IndustryGas and oil (exploration and production)
PredecessorsWintershall
Founded1894 (Wintershall), 1899 (DEA, as Deutsche Tiefbohr-Actiengesellschaft, DTA)
Founders
  • Carl Julius Winter
  • Heinrich Grimberg (Wintershall)
  • Rudolf Nöllenburg (first Managing Director of DTA)
HeadquartersKassel and Hamburg,
Germany
Areas served
  • Northern Europe
  • Russia
  • Latin America
  • Middle East North Africa
Key people
  • Mario Mehren (CEO)
  • Hugo Dijkgraaf (CTO)
  • Paul Smith (CFO)
  • Thilo Wieland (Region Russia)
  • Latin America
  • Transportation
  • Interim Responsible MENA
Production output
  • Natural gas: 445.000 BOE
  • Crude oil: 172.000 BOE (excluding Libya onshore due to the change to EPSA contracts)
Revenue€5.9 billion[1][lower-alpha 1] (2019)
€2.8 billion (2019)
Number of employees
2,847[2] (2019)
Websitewintershalldea.com

Wintershall Dea GmbH is a German gas and oil producer. The joint venture was created in May 2019 by the merger between Wintershall and DEA Deutsche Erdoel AG. BASF\ SE has a 67% stake in it, with the other 33% being held by LetterOne, whose main ultimate owner is the Russian business magnate Mikhail Fridman.

Wintershall Dea operates in the field of gas and oil exploration and production in a total of 13 countries in Europe, Latin America, the Middle East, North Africa and Russia. The company has its headquarters in Kassel and Hamburg and employs around 2,800 people worldwide. Its Chief Executive Officer is Mario Mehren.[2] According to Wintershall DEA’s pro forma figures, revenues and other income amounted to €5.9 billion in 2019.[1]

Literature

  • Rainer Karlsch, Raymond G. Stokes: Faktor Öl. Die Mineralölwirtschaft in Deutschland 1859-1974. (“The Factor Oil: The Mineral Oil industry in Germany from 1859 to 1974 (German Only)) C. H. Beck, Munich 2003.

References

Footnotes

  1. revenues and other income

Citations

  1. 1.0 1.1 "Wintershall Dea kürzt Investitionen - boersen-zeitung.de". www.boersen-zeitung.de (in Deutsch). Retrieved 2020-06-05.
  2. 2.0 2.1 "Annual Report 2019" (PDF). Wintershall DEA. Retrieved 2020-05-31.

External Links

This article "Wintershall Dea" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.