July 14, 1977
Veronica Maya (né Russo; born July 1977) is an Italian Television presenter, actress and showgirl.
Daughter of Raffaele Russo (restaurateur) and Eleonora Di Maio (theater director), Veronica Maya was born on July 14, 1977 in Paris where she remained until 1982 and later moved to Piano di Sorrento where her parents run a restaurant. At the age of 20 she graduated and subsequently won a scholarship for Renato Greco's school in Rome, where she made her debut as a stage actress acting in various musicals.
In 2002 she made her debut in the theater in the comedy signed by Mario Monicelli Amici miei together with Jerry Calà, Franco Oppini and Nini Salerno. Her debut on television dates back to the early 2000s when she led the program dedicated to S.S. Lazio (of which Maya is a fan) Lazialità on TV alongside Guido De Angelis, broadcast by the Roman broadcaster Teleroma 56. She made her debut on national screens in 2004 in Rai 2 sports programs Sabato Sprint and Dribbling. In the 2005-2006 television season she began working on Rai 1 conducting the Stella del Sud program every Saturday afternoon.
In June 2010 she became the presenter and testimonial of the eleventh edition of the Festival Show, a show by Radio Birikina and Radio Bella & Monella which, starting from Padua, touched about ten locations in the North-East up to Verona. In autumn 2014 she is one of the competitors of the fourth edition of the Rai 1 Tale e quale show and as a show hosted by Carlo Conti; also in this period the Maya was also entrusted with the management (which before the summer 2014 was removed from it together with the aforementioned replacement in the court) of the new edition of the Zecchino d'Oro, this time however in single management (ie without her former partner, the actor Pino Insegno, because he is involved in other programs).
After conducting Vigilia in Famiglia (spin-off of Zecchino d'Oro broadcast on 24 December 2014 in the afternoon slot of Rai 1), Maya hosts the twentieth edition of the Epiphany Concert, an event that was held on 4 January 2015 at the Teatro Mediterraneo in Naples (this event was broadcast on Rai 1 in the morning of January 6, 2015). Later, due to some controversies, Maya leaves the Rai networks and arrives at Agon Channel, where she leads, starting from January 17, 2015, the selections of the talent show Chance, together with Marco Senise, a program that from February 20 onwards leads for 15 Friday in prime time and on the same channel. On the occasion of the Sanremo Music Festival 2015, in the week from 9 to 15 February 2015, Maya leads Sanremo in Festival, a program dedicated to the analysis of the events relating to the Italian song festival live from the Palafiori of Sanremo, in the afternoon and in the second evening, with commentators and guests in the studio.
After leaving the Agon Channel permanently during the summer of 2015, Veronica Maya returns to Rai on 25 December of the same year, alongside Cristèl Carrisi in the conduction of Lo Zecchino di Natale, a spin-off of Zecchino d'Oro. From February 2016 she moved to the Alice (TV channel), for which she conducted two live programs from the Palafiori of Sanremo to comment on the events relating to the Sanremo Festival 2016. In addition, for the same network, from February 15 2016 she conducted the program Casa Alice - Cucina in famiglia. She takes part as a juror of the technical commission in the selections of Miss Italia 2016, a role she will also cover in the final evening of the event live on 10 September on LA7.
- "Mio marito era un tronista". www.volver.actor. Retrieved 4 January 2020.
- "Biografia – Veronica Maya" (in italiano). Retrieved 2021-01-15.
- "LAURA BARRIALES E' LA PRESENTATRICE DI FESTIVAL SHOW 2014". 2017-09-08. Archived from the original on 8 September 2017. Retrieved 2021-01-17.
- "VERONICA MAYA FUORI DI SENO A TALE E QUALE SHOW 4". www.davidemaggio.it. Retrieved 2021-01-17.
- "CASA DOLCE CASA: ECCO IL NUOVO PROGRAMMA DEL MATTINO CON VERONICA MAYA". www.davidemaggio.it. Retrieved 2021-01-17.
- Galanto, Massimo (2014-11-12). "Zecchino d'Oro 2014, Veronica Maya conduttrice". TvBlog (in italiano). Retrieved 2021-01-17.
- "PROGRAMMAZIONE NATALIZIA 2014: RAI 1 E CANALE 5 A CONFRONTO". www.davidemaggio.it. Retrieved 2021-01-17.
- "Napoli. Concerto Epifania su RaiUno: tra gli ospiti anche Fiorenza Calogero | in onda il 6 gennaio alle ore 9,30 | Il Secolo Nuovo" (in italiano). Retrieved 2021-01-17.
- Pasqui, Giulio (2015-01-17). "Veronica Maya a Blogo: "Ad Agon Channel farò un talent in prime time, è impossibile dire di no a Becchetti"". TvBlog (in italiano). Retrieved 2021-01-17.
- lordlucas (2015-01-18). "Agon Channel, Veronica Maya co-conduce "coi piedi" Chance". TvBlog (in italiano). Retrieved 2021-01-17.
- "VERONICA MAYA A DM: ANNUNCIO UFFICIALMENTE IL MIO DOPO FESTIVAL SU AGON, DIRETTAMENTE DA SANREMO. DAL 20 FEBBRAIO, IN PRIMA SERATA CON IL TALENT CHANCE". www.davidemaggio.it. Retrieved 2021-01-17.
- "VERONICA MAYA TORNA ALLO ZECCHINO… DI NATALE". www.davidemaggio.it. Retrieved 2021-01-17.
- Pasqui, Giulio (2016-02-02). "Veronica Maya sbarca su Alice tv: Sanremo e Casa Alice - Cucina in Famiglia (Anteprima Blogo)". TvBlog (in italiano). Retrieved 2021-01-17.
- "QUATTRO 'GIURIE' SCEGLIERANNO LE MISS A JESOLO". missitalia.it (in italian). Retrieved 2021-01-17.CS1 maint: unrecognized language (link)
This article "Veronica Maya" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.