|Born||January 31, 1992|
Crown Point, IN
|Citizenship||United States of America|
|Education||Bachelor's Degree in Digital Marketing & Communications|
|Years active||2012 - present|
Troy Sandidge (born January 31, 1992, Crown Point, IN) is an African American author, growth strategist, serial entrepreneur, podcaster, investor, and speaker based in Chicago, IL. He is best known for his trademarked marketing frameworks and sales methodologies empowering businesses to grow and scale faster.
Recognized as a Top 100 Marketing Leader by Marketing 2.0 Conference and part of the Los Angeles Wire's 30 Under 30 Class of 2020, Troy's insights and companies have been featured in Forbes, Business Insider, WSJ, Inc Magazine, Yahoo News, ABC, NBC, CNN, and more.
Sandidge is a best-selling author known as the Strategy Hacker® because of his proficiency in go-to-market, demand gen, sales enablement, inbound, community development, and digital marketing strategies infusing sociology, psychology, cultural anthropology, business ethnography, and behavior science.
As an internationally-acclaimed keynote speaker known for his captivating storytelling and energetic delivery, Sandidge has spoken at over 600 events on five continents. He has spoken at INBOUND, Digital Summit, Podcast Movement, Northwestern, Canada International Conference on Education, United States-Korea Conference, Internet Summit, Social Media Week Lima, and several others. He has shared stages featuring Oprah Winfrey, President Barack Obama,Viola Davis, Daymond John, Gary Vaynerchuk, and Russel Brunson, to name a few.
Early life and education
Sandidge was born in Crown Point, Indiana, on January 31, 1992. Sandidge graduated from Andrean High School in 2010 with honors. He pursued a Bachelor's Degree in Digital Marketing and Communications with a minor in Electrical Engineering at Valparaiso University. Sandidge graduated in 2014. He has additional education in Global Communication, Business Management & Entrepreneurship, Marketing, Psychology, and Sociology.
Sandidge started his career as a social media strategist, videographer, and copywriter.
In 2014, Sandidge joined a global contract manufacturer as a marketing communication manager, handling all global marketing, communication, and branding in North America, Europe, and Asia. Sandidge worked for almost three years with this organization, managing all Global and U.S. marketing and communication programs and social selling training initiatives. Sandidge also developed standardized processes to enhance overall marketing organization effectiveness and lead nurturing programs. He launched the acclaimed branding and marketing campaign "Making Products That Matter," which generated a ton of buzz and success globally.
By the end of 2017, Sandidge was appointed as the creative director of Nex Gen Dynamics, a creative marketing and advertising agency based in Chicago. Sandidge worked for almost two years with this agency, during which he was promoted to Vice President. During his tenure, Sandidge led strategy and planned campaigns, omnichannel efforts, and digital assets for multiple clients. He also took several marketing initiatives that generated new revenue streams. Under his leadership, Nex Gen Dynamics became a Google Partner Agency.
In 2019 Sandidge joined the National Democratic Training Committee as an Associate Director of Digital Marketing. During his tenure, he created omnichannel marketing strategies, oversaw digital marketing and communications, and managed social media marketing and email campaigns.
After gaining substantial experience in various marketing, business, and sales roles in the corporate, agency, and startup sectors, the 3x agency builder and 2x CMO, Sandidge founded his growth strategy consulting firm, which he eventually rebranded to Strategy Hackers in 2019. Since its inception, Sandidge has worked with Startups, SMBs, NGOs, B2Bs, SaaS, and Fortune 500 companies developing custom strategies, systems, SOPs, and solutions for increasing sustainable profitability and scalable revenue. He has lived up to his Strategy Hacker® moniker, generating over $175 Million in sales and launching over 35 brands and counting for clients worldwide.
In 2020, Sandidge became the host and executive producer of the Webby-nominated, Top 100 Marketing Business Podcast iDigress — an unapologetically candid, highly energetic, and motivational podcast praised for its business-talk simplicity and cultural infusion that is disrupting the standard gated pathways to obtaining growth by empowering businesses to integrate easy-to-understand strategies, marketing frameworks, sales tactics, business insights, and proven methodologies to drive business success. The iDigress Podcast is part of the HubSpot Podcast Network, named the best solo-hosted marketing podcast by Zapier, and is among the Top 0.5% of podcasts globally.
In January 2022, Troy Sandidge released his best-selling book Strategize Up: The Simplified Blueprint To Scaling Your Business. In August of the same year, he was announced the emcee of INBOUND 2022 — an annual event by HubSpot that unites thought leaders from over 161 countries across the fields of marketing, sales, customer success, and revenue operations — where the featured speakers were President Barack Obama, Viola Davis, Dr. Jane Goodall, Glennon Doyle, and more.
Sandidge continues to serve as an executive growth advisor, motivational speaker, board member, and angel investor with the mission to empower at least 1,000 marginalized businesses over the next five years providing education and insights helping businesses of all types to increase their growth to create the lives they want to live and make a bigger impact within their communities.
Licenses and certifications
Diploma in Social Media Marketing, Alison Free Online Learning
Issued in 2015
Diploma in Business Management & Entrepreneurship, Alison Free Online Learning
Issued in 2015
Google Analytics Certification, Google
Issued in 2016
Google Partner, Google
Issued in 2018
Google Ads Search Certification, Google
Issued in 2018
In the media
- "Marketing Strategist Troy Sandidge Is Bridging the Gap for Businesses Through D.A.R.T. and C.L.O.V.E.R." news.yahoo.com. Retrieved 4 November 2022.
- "Things to do in Chicago". chicagotribune.com. Retrieved 17 November 2020.
- "Media Marketing Strategist Troy Sandidge Assists SMBs and Other Enterprises Grow Their Brands". www.wrcbtv.com. Retrieved 17 November 2020.
- Penske, Tyler (9 July 2020). "Under the Shelters of His Tenacious Spirit: How Troy Sandidge Braved the Storms". Kivo Daily. Retrieved 17 November 2020.
- "Media Marketing Strategist Troy Sandidge Assists SMBs and Other Enterprises Grow Their Brands". www.kake.com. Retrieved 17 November 2020.
- Development, PodBean. "Building a Successful Marketing Strategy Framework with Troy Sandidge". makingamarketer.podbean.com. Retrieved 17 November 2020.
- "30 Under 30". LA Wire. 3 November 2020. Retrieved 17 November 2020.
- "Troy Sandidge". NOW Marketing Group. 17 April 2019. Retrieved 17 November 2020.
- Penske, Tyler (10 July 2020). "To Inspire Those Who Aspire: Troy Sandidge Tells His Story". Medium. Retrieved 17 November 2020.
- Airom, Amy (2 April 2020). "Navigating Social Media and Business During COVID-19". Capitalize Social Media. Retrieved 17 November 2020.
- "3 Reasons So Many Business Strategies Fail (And How To Succeed), According to the Strategy Hacker". blog.hubspot.com. Retrieved 4 November 2022.
- "How To Create And Host A Twitter Chat: A Step-By-Step Guide [Asking Experts] — Serpstat Blog". serpstat.com. Retrieved 17 November 2020.
- "How Black-Minority Millennial Troy Sandidge Found His Niche in the Marketing Industry". LA Wire. 11 July 2020. Retrieved 17 November 2020.
- "Social Pulse Summit: Twitter Edition". Social Pulse Summit: Twitter Edition. Retrieved 17 November 2020.
- Pierre, Ryann (9 July 2020). "Troy Sandidge is the Leading Source of Successful Media Marketing Solutions". New York Weekly. Retrieved 17 November 2020.
- Carter, Mark J. "How to Successfully Rebrand and Market Yourself During COVID-19 – Idea Climbing™ Podcast Episode 18 With Troy Sandidge". Mark J. Carter. Retrieved 17 November 2020.
- Knowledge, Marketing Study Lab-Actionable Marketing. "D.A.R.T Marketing Methodology™ with Troy Sandidge Marketing Strategist – Episode 121 – Marketing Study Lab - Actionable Marketing Knowledge – Podcast". Podtail (in Deutsch). Retrieved 17 November 2020.
- "Meet Troy Sandidge". CanvasRebel Magazine. 4 August 2022. Retrieved 4 November 2022.
- "NEW Webby Gallery + Index". NEW Webby Gallery + Index. Retrieved 4 November 2022.
- "iDigress with Troy Sandidge on Apple Podcasts". Apple Podcasts. Retrieved 4 November 2022.
- "The 8 best marketing podcasts in 2022". zapier.com. Retrieved 4 November 2022.
- "iDigress with Troy Sandidge". Listen Notes. Retrieved 4 November 2022.
- Sandidge, Troy (31 August 2022). "Troy Sandidge Will Host INBOUND 2022 with Featured Speakers Including President Barack Obama, Viola Davis, and More". EIN Presswire. Retrieved 4 November 2022.
- "Strategy Hackers Helping Startups and Enterprise Brands Take Pole Positions in the Global Marketplace". Atlanta Wire. 31 May 2021. Retrieved 4 November 2022.