The Davis Enterprise
|Headquarters||315 G St., |
Davis, CA 95616,
The paper is often tagged as the California Newspaper Publishers Association's "Best Small Town Newspaper" and frequently receives CNPA honors for its spreads, reporting and photography. 
The newspaper remains one of the few family-owned and operated news sources in the state, with a circulation of roughly 10,000. Sebastian Oñate has served as the paper's editor since 2017.
Known by locals as The Enterprise, the paper was first published as the Davisville Enterprise in 1987 by Louis A. Eichler.
Chelso Maghetti, who came to Davis in 1919 and served as postmaster from 1927 through 1936, bought The Enterprise from Scott in 1935 and continued to publish it through 1960. By the 1960s, The Enterprise became an afternoon newspaper published five days a week and grew to a circulation of about 1,300 under several different ownerships.
The paper's current owners, the McNaughton family, purchased the periodical in 1967.The building from which the newsroom operates today is the former site of the town's post office.
In 2016, amidst industry struggles, the paper scaled back production to three days a week. The Enterprise currently publishes a print edition on Sundays, Wednesdays and Fridays as well as daily online content.
With one of the largest Research I institutions in the country, The University of California, Davis located just a short walk from its newsroom, The Enterprise provides the most frequent and in-depth coverage of the university of any news source in the greater Sacramento Region. Daily UC Davis research activities, college events and the California Aggies' 25 National Collegiate Athletic Association Division I sports teams are frequently reported on by The Enterprise.
- The Davis Enterprise official website
- The Davis Enterprise on Facebook
- The Davis Enterprise on Twitter
- The Davis Enterprise on Linkedin
- says, Ryan (2011-08-20). "List of local media". Sacramento Journalism Review. Retrieved 2020-03-21.
- "Sacramento Weekly Newspapers | Sacramento Media Market". www.sacramentomediamarket.com. Retrieved 2020-03-21.
- Cross, Al (2010-04-18). "The Rural Blog: Davis, Petaluma and Los Banos papers top rural winners in California contest". The Rural Blog. Retrieved 2020-03-21.
- "Northern California dominates CNPA contest – San Francisco Press Club". Retrieved 2020-03-21.
- "DR staff members earn awards in statewide journalism competition". Daily Republic. 2015-05-09. Retrieved 2020-03-21.
- "Better Newspapers Contest winners announced – CNPA". cnpa.com. Retrieved 2020-03-21.
- "2011 BNC Winner Tab" (PDF). epublish.multiad.com. May 5, 2012. Retrieved March 20, 2020.
- "Sebastian Oñate to editor at Davis Enterprise – CNPA". cnpa.com. Retrieved 2020-03-21.
- "To our readers". Davis Enterprise. 2015-11-12. Retrieved 2019-12-23.
- "City of Davis Survey". Davis Enterprise. 2019-07-01. Retrieved 2019-12-25.
- "Sports". Davis Enterprise. Retrieved 2019-12-25.
This article "The Davis Enterprise" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.