The Black Abstract
The Black Abstract
August 10, 1985
|Height||5 ft 11 in (180 cm)|
Zac Scott (born 10 August 1985), popularly known as The Black Abstract, is an award-winning African American Entrepreneur, YouTuber, and Musician. The Black Abstract combines classic elements with contemporary themes to pay homage to Hip-Hop culture while appealing to rap fans of all ages. He aspires to create music that people can relate to so that no matter how lonely they are, they can find solace in their lyrics.
During his career, The Black Abstract has shared the stage with artists such as Vado and Meek Mill. Some of his top-rated songs include Let's Go Buffalo 2021 (Shout), Fisher Boy, illegal, and Work Hard. He is also a 2010 93.7 WBLK Hit Song Winner, and his varied musical style has been featured on over twenty websites.
Early life and education
The Black Abstract was born on 10 August 1985 in Buffalo, NY. He was raised by a single parent and as the oldest child, he took up several responsibilities of his home at a young age. At the age of 17, he was forced to drop out of school in order to help his mother pay bills. He began working several odd jobs, but amidst all that chaos, he found solace in music and rapping which he had been doing since he was 13 years old. He often turned to rap as an outlet, which eventually turned out to be a major stepping stone in his career.
In 2009, The Black Abstract was introduced to a local producer, Carlos from Los Productions, which is when he began taking music seriously and entered the rap scene in the city. Soon, he became a force to be reckoned with, gaining recognition for his hard lyrics, and melodic flow.
In 2010, The Black Abstract released his debut mixtape titled Us Against Them which got a great reception. For this son, he also won the 93.7 WBLK’s "Tony Core Make a Hit Competition". The winning song “Work Hard received positive feedback which kickstarted his career as a musician.
The Black Abstract’s music style is immensely influenced by the industry giants in R&B and Hip-Hop, including Anita Baker, Mary J. Blige, Nas, Biggie, DMX, and Drake. He has created a strong position in the music community with his melodic hooks and soulful trap beats.
With the release of his most recent song, Work Hard, The Black Abstract is creating waves in the music industry, performing across the United States and building his brand. This song is a part of his debut album Industry Ready also features fellow New Yorkers Conway The Machine and Benny The Butcher of Griselda and will be available for streaming in March 2022.
- 2022: The Takedown
- 2022: Run Down
- 2021: Work Hard
- 2021: Illegal
- 2021: Lets Go Buffalo 2021
- 2021: Down 2 Sleep
- 2020: Fisher Boy
- 2013: Bottom of My Cup
In the media
- "the-sauce-report-buffalo-rapper-the-black-abstract-starts-2022-off-crushing-it-with-the-takedown-ft-ben-streetz". saucefromveli. Retrieved 10 February 2022.
- "There is a new big dog in Buffalo and his name is "The Black Abstract"". Medium. Retrieved 10 February 2022.
- "the-black-abstract-the-old-school-is-new-again". 24hip-hop. Retrieved 10 February 2022.
- "the-black-abstract-and-eww-fisher-boy". speedonthebeat. Retrieved 10 February 2022.
- "the-black-abstract-entrega-versatilidade-no-mais-novo-lancamento-fisher-boy". roadie-music. Retrieved 10 February 2022.
- "the-black-abstract-shares-fisher-boy-feat-eww-work-hard-and-illegal-video". thewordisbond. Retrieved 10 February 2022.