Tanveer A. Padder
Tanveer A. Padder
Jammu and Kashmir
Tanveer A. Padder is an award-winning Indian American clinical psychiatrist, addiction specialist, psycho-pharmacologist, and author. He currently serves as the Chairman of the Department of Psychiatry at the Trinity School of Medicine and the Medical Director at Time Organization. Simultaneously he also runs his private clinic based that he started 15 years back in Baltimore, Maryland.
Padder is certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, the American Board of Addiction Medicine, and has also acquired an additional certification by the American Board of Clinical Psycho-pharmacology. He has over two decades of experience in the medical field and is an expert in bipolar, major depression, ADHD, panic attacks, anxiety, PTSD, addiction, and schizophrenia.
Padder is best known for writing this best-selling book - Practical Guide to Psychiatric Medications: Simple, Concise, & Up-to-date that was released in 2015. He has also authored Organized Wisdom Bipolar 101 & 102 and has been published widely in medical and psychiatric journals both domestically and overseas.
Early life and education
Padder was born to Gh. Mohd. Padder and Sajida Begum in Kulgam, J & K. He grew up in a modest household with two brothers and a sister, who are all currently based in the USA working as successful physicians.
Padder earned his M.D. magna cum laude from the Santiago University of Technology after finishing his early education in Kashmir. He did his research fellowship at Drexel University and completed his psychiatric residency at the State University of New York at Stony Brook.
Padder is a double-boarded Psychiatrist with a Master Psychopharmacologist designation. He is a recognized expert in psychopharmacology. Padder has garnered various accolades and has published widely in national and international journals throughout his career.
Padder joined Optimum Health as Medical Director in 2007. He started working at the MBP Group and Time Organization in 2015 and currently serves as a Director for them. Apart from that, Padder is also the co-founder and vice-chairman of the Padder Foundation and VC of AAA, which operates the nonprofit Ayesha Ali Academy in Kulgam, Kashmir. He also operates kashmironline.com, a digital effort aimed at providing a one-stop-shop for all authentic and up-to-date information on Kashmir.
- Padder, Tanveer A. MD; Padder, Tanveer (2015). Practical Guide to Psychiatric Medications: Simple, Concise, and Up-To-date. CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform. ISBN 978-1-5143-7402-3. Retrieved 28 December 2021.
Awards and recognition
- Best Outgoing Graduate in Medicine Class of 1999
- Best Abstract Award" on Sudden Death, 7th International Workshop on Cardiac Arrhythmias, 2001, Venice, Italy
- American Psychiatry Association Mini-Fellow Award, 2006
- Enhancement of Scholarly Activity Award, Nassau University Medical Center June 2006
- Chief Resident" Award, Department of Psychiatry 2006-2007
- APA/Lilly Chief Residents’ Leadership Program 2006, New York, NY, October 2006
- American Association of Geriatric Psychiatry Stepping Stone Award, 2007
- America’s Top Psychiatrist, Consumer Federation of the US, 2010 & 2011 and 2013
- Top doctor Landover, MD, 2016
- Leading physicians of the world -International association of healthcare professionals, 2016
- Health Grades Honor Roll, 2014
- Top Doctor Award Maryland 2014
- Top Doctor Award Baltimore 2104
- Patients' Choice Award, 2012 & 2013
- Compassionate Doctor recognition, 2012
- Author of Organized Wisdom Bipolar 101 & 102
- Strathmore’s Who’s Who in America, 2001
- Marquis Who’s Who in America, 2002
Padder is married to Tasleem Kousar. He lives with his wife and three children, Myiesha, Maahir & Meezan Padder, in Maryland, USA.
- Today, Psychology. "Dr. Tanveer Padder, MD, Psychiatrist, Baltimore, MD, 21229". Psychology Today. Retrieved 28 December 2021.
- "Tanveer A. Padder, MD - Psychiatrist in Laurel, MD". MD.com. Retrieved 28 December 2021.
- "Dr. Tanveer Padder Psychiatry. GLEN BURNIE MD". doctor.webmd.com. Retrieved 28 December 2021.
- "Dr. Tanveer A. Padder". health.usnews.com. Retrieved 28 December 2021.
- "MD, Tanveer A. Padder". www.amazon.com. Retrieved 28 December 2021.
- "Tanveer A. Padder, MD". DoctorBase. Retrieved 28 December 2021.
- "Dr. Tanveer Padder, MD | Laurel, MD | Healthgrades". www.healthgrades.com. Retrieved 28 December 2021.
- "Tanveer Ahmad Padder Psychiatrist Baltimore, MD MedicineNet". MedicineNet. Retrieved 28 December 2021.
- "Dr. Tanveer Padder, MD – Laurel, MD | Psychiatry on Doximity". Doximity. Retrieved 28 December 2021.