Tania Franco Klein
Tania Franco Klein
Tania Franco Klein (born 1990) is a Mexican contemporary artist working with photography, GIF and installation. Franco Klein is best known for her large scale cinematic and vivid photographs, which exist in multilayered fragmented narrative installations.
Her projects examine self in the digital age, considering the insidious nature of technology keeping us on course and the performative stresses that come from living life online, with a constant fixation on self-improvement. In all of her work, Klein shows an interest in ambiguous spaces, characters and time.
Her work has been exhibited internationally in group and solo shows. Her solo exhibition Proceed to the Route which compiled pieces from various bodies of work, was shown in her hometown in Mexico City, the United States and Europe receiving reviews by CNN, Los Angeles Times, ARTFORUM amongst others.
Klein's first publication Positive Disintegration (2019) was nominated for the Paris Photo–Aperture Foundation PhotoBook Awards.
- Best art pictures of the year, New York Times, USA , 2020
- Paris Photo-Aperture Foundation Photo Book Award nominee, 2019
- 9 photographers to follow by W mag, 2019
- LensCulture Storytelling Award, Winner, 2019
- Photo London Artproof Schliemann Award, 2018
- Sony Photography Awards, Professional competition shortlisted, UK, 2018
- Felix Schoeller Photo Award, nominee, GER, 2017
- Sony Photography Awards, National Award winner, UK, 2017
- LensCulture Exposure Awards, Finalist, 2017
- "Tania Franco Klein. Proceed to the Route". Time Out Ciudad de México (in español). Retrieved 2021-12-18.
- "Proceed to the Route | 22 October 2019 - 15 February 2020 - Overview". ROSEGALLERY. Retrieved 2021-12-18.
- Maggi, Di Laura (2021-11-26). "Destinazione Rotterdam, alla scoperta della città sul porto più grande d'Europa". ELLE Decor (in italiano). Retrieved 2021-12-18.
- CNN, Jacqui Palumbo. "Photographer Tania Franco Klein asks if we can ever truly disconnect". CNN. Retrieved 2021-12-18.
- Facebook; Twitter; options, Show more sharing; Facebook; Twitter; LinkedIn; Email; URLCopied!, Copy Link; Print (2019-12-24). "Review: For Mexican artist Tania Franco Klein, self-portraits come with plenty of shadows". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2021-12-18.
|last=has generic name (help)
- "Tania Franco Klein at ROSEGALLERY". www.artforum.com. Retrieved 2021-12-18.
- Positive Disintegration - Tania Franco-Klein | moom bookshop - photo books and magazines.
- Harmon, Christy; O’Neill, Laura; Ruben, Jolie; Webster, Amanda; Wender, Jessie; Santos, Elena Noel; Cooper, Michael (2020-12-24). "Our Favorite Arts Pictures of 2020". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2021-12-18.
- LensCulture, Tania Franco Klein |. "Tania Franco Klein". LensCulture. Retrieved 2021-12-18.
- "The 9 Young Photographers You Should Be Following in 2019". W Magazine. Retrieved 2021-12-18.
- LensCulture. "WINNERS—Visual Storytelling Awards 2019". LensCulture. Retrieved 2021-12-18.
- "Photo London Artproof Schliemann Award - Photo London". photolondon.org. Retrieved 2021-12-18.
- ""Our Life In The Shadows" by Tania Franco Klein". World Photography Organisation (in português). Retrieved 2021-12-18.
- "Felix Schoeller Photo Award | artpage". www.felix-schoeller-photoaward.com. Retrieved 2021-12-18.
- "Sony Corporation - Sony Imaging Gallery | Sony World Photography Awards presents". www.sony.net. Retrieved 2021-12-18.
- LensCulture. "WINNERS—LensCulture Exposure Awards 2017". LensCulture. Retrieved 2021-12-18.
This article "Tania Franco Klein" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.