|Type of business||Private|
Type of site
Spocket is a Canadian based technology company that offers a dropshipping platform that connects dropshipping suppliers and online retailers. Spocket aims at solving the billion dollar inventory distortion issue by using a dropshipping model that bridges the gap between retailers and consumers. Most of its dropshipping suppliers are from the United States and Europe, which boast high quality products with a fast shipping time. Spocket assists retailers with its machine learning technology to set up their ecommerce business in minutes by scraping data automatically and helping them with effective supply chain management.
Spocket was founded in 2017 by Saba Mohebpour and is headquartered in Vancouver, Canada. The company is a finalist of the Techstars Seattle accelerator program. The platform focuses only on improvising dropshipping programs and aims to improve the overall time-consuming process with the use of technology. Spocket introduced branded invoicing for retailers and also launched the best deals on products options to attract more business for suppliers and retailers.
Best known for dropshipping US/EU products, Spocket was recognised as one of the top Canadian startups. Saba, the CEO of Spocket, was recognized as a fellowForbes Top 30 under 30. As of 2020, the company reported that it had more than 50,000 merchants across five continents using its platform.
Spocket was founded in 2017 by Saba Mohebpour. Saba, belonging to a religious minority community in Iran that was banned from getting a higher education, which ultimately led him to move to Canada where he could pursue higher education. Saba started coding in his undergrad, and discovered a series of startups that laid the foundation for Spocket in 2017. He found that dropshipping was time consuming for retailers and this gave him the idea to start Spocket, a platform that optimized the whole dropshipping experience. With utmost determination and teamwork under Mohebpour’s leadership, Spocket got accepted into Techstars, a globally recognized startup accelerator.
In a span of 3 years, Spocket has grown exponentially with over 50,000 entrepreneurs actively dropshipping with their platform..
Spocket has collaborated with other ecommerce platforms like Woocommerce, Wix, BigCommerce and Shopify, where dropshipping is outsourced to Spocket. The company also has thousands of USA, European and global suppliers that are handpicked and pre-vetted by the team.
Spocket raised It’s series A round in 2018.
Spocket covers a range of services like dropshipping, order fulfillment and order processing. The products listed on the website range from a number of categories like beauty products, women’s clothing, footwear, kitchen supplies, fashion accessories, jewellery, men’s clothing amongst other things.
The features that make Spocket a desirable platform for both retailers and customers are -
Spocket has a plan that provides flexibility to merchants by creating custom made invoices. This feature enables the merchants to customize their branded invoices with their logo and name.
High Quality Goods
Spocket collaborates with select suppliers in order to ensure highquality dropshipping products.This is done by extensive vetting of the suppliers by Spocket staff. This feature helps in maintaining a trust base with the merchants and retailers.
Spocket aims at maintaining a healthy profit marginflow with the merchants by providing 30%-60% discount on their products.
Spocket automates the entire dropshipping process by eradicating the need to place orders manually. This also helps the merchants to connect with over a thousand suppliers from around the world with unique, high-quality products to choose from.
Vetting and product testing
Spocket authenticates each of the suppliers before adding them to its platform. This process is carried out by an online application followed by investigation and interview. Spocket team also verifies the sales and evaluates the product quality before inviting the supplier into its marketplace.
- Spocket was recognised as a top North American Startup in 2018 by TechStars, Seattle
- Spocket earned the title as one of Canada’s most promising startups
- Saba Mohebpour, CEO of Spocket was named one of the Forbes top 30 under 30 honorees
In the media
- ↑ Greaves, Rosie (2019-04-03). "An Exhaustive Spocket Review for 2019: Everything You Need to Know About Dropshipping from the US & EU". Ecommerce Platforms. Retrieved 2020-08-05.
- ↑ "Trump travel ban prevents Techstars Seattle entrepreneur from entering U.S. for startup program". GeekWire. 2018-02-09. Retrieved 2020-08-05.
- ↑ "Spocket Delivers Dropshipping On A Different Level". BuildThis. 2019-03-27. Retrieved 2020-08-05.
- ↑ "Rising and thriving: 15 Vancouver tech companies to watch | Venture". dailyhive.com. Retrieved 2020-08-05.
- ↑ "Startup Spotlight: Spocket helps small online retailers with on-demand inventory sourcing". GeekWire. 2018-04-11. Retrieved 2020-08-05.
- ↑ "How to Start a Business as an Immigrant". Small Business BC. Retrieved 2020-08-05.
- ↑ "12 Shopify Apps for Finding Products to Sell (Without Shipping Them Yourself)". Shopify. Retrieved 2020-08-05.
- ↑ "Spocket raises $1.5 million to power dropshipping for retailers | BetaKit". 2018-08-22. Retrieved 2020-08-05.
- ↑ "Spocket Review: Sell High-Quality Dropshipping Products from USA & EU". A Better Lemonade Stand. 2019-03-18. Retrieved 2020-08-05.
- Official Website
- Spocket on Facebook
- Spocket's channel on YouTube
- Spocket on Instagram
- Spocket on Twitter
- Spocket on LinkedIn
- Spocket on Pinterest
- Spocket at Crunchbase