Adesola Idera Olukokun
June 10, 1980
|Height||5 ft 1 in (155 cm)|
Sola Adesakin (born 10 June 1980) is a Nigerian entrepreneur, investor, finance coach, author, finance expert and speaker and has over 18 years of experience in the finance industry. As a Chartered Accountant, she has championed several SME Finance projects and pioneered the creation of countless Personal Finance literacy resources in Nigeria.
Adesakin is the founder of Smart Stewards Advisory Limited, a company that helps people attain financial freedom by offering a vast range of financial literacy programs and business management services. Adesakin has assisted a number of Africans to achieve financial independence by utilizing investments as a tool and creating for them access to both local and worldwide opportunities.
As of 2021, Adesakin also serves as the Managing Partner of BookSmart Financial Solutions, an SME-friendly Accounting firm. She is a renowned author and has published 8 books, her latest being Fit to Fly Financial Plan. Adesakin is also often seen speaking on industry-related topics at conferences, talk shows and various media events. She has also featured in Tedx talks and has spoken in both private and government universities across Nigeria.
Early life and education
Adesakin was born on 10 June 1980 in Lagos, Nigeria, to a middle-class family. During her time at Federal Polytechnic Ilaro, Ogun State of Nigeria, Adesakin got the foundation for her accounting career established and graduated in 2000. Soon after that, she enrolled with the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria, where she obtained her certification as a Chartered Accountant in 2002. She later obtained a BSc. in Applied Accounting from Oxford Brookes University, United Kingdom in 2006.
In 2007, Adesakin again qualified as a Chartered Accountant with the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants of the United Kingdom. Later, in 2016, she graduated from the Edinburgh Business School, where she obtained an MBA. She obtained membership of the Chartered Professional Accountants of Canada (CPA) in 2017.
Adesakin started her career in 2001 as an accountant at MOOC Limited, where she worked for 3 years. In 2004, she joined Food & Pharma Nigeria Limited, where she headed the Accounts department as a Finance and Admin manager. A year later, she joined SAS Space Design Limited in the same position and later became the Business Development manager. She continues to work as a consultant to this firm till date.
In 2011, Adesakin established FRUIT Foundation, an NGO that caters for the needs of underprivileged women and widows. Since then, she has been leading the team to bring to life their motto: helping and empowering women of different age brackets.
In 2015, Adesakin began her entrepreneurial journey and established Smart Stewards, a platform dedicated to supporting people to attain financial stability by offering financial literacy and wealth building opportunities. Three years later, Adesakin launched the Smart Investment Club, with the aim of building a community of investment-literate individuals and groups. Members of the Smart Investment Club pool funds together to invest across different continents and in various Asset Classes such as angel investing, real estate, fixed income securities and equities. The Club, now one of the biggest in Nigeria, currently boasts of members from about 4 continents and over 30 countries.
Furthermore, Adesakin serves as the managing partner of BookSmart Financial Solutions, an SME-friendly Accounting firm. In her capacity as an industry expert, she has also published several books and articles that have been highly acclaimed amongst the masses.
- Olukokun, Sola S. (16 April 2011). God's Choice of The Chosen: 7Vs about David. Kings and Queens LLC. ISBN 978-978-912-541-8. Retrieved 25 August 2021.
- Adesakin, Sola (5 September 2016). Pebbles From The Rock. Retrieved 25 August 2021.
- Adesakin, Sola (5 September 2016). Rubies Of Wisdom: 40- Day Journey Into Financial Liberty For Every Woman. Retrieved 25 August 2021.
- 40 Frugal Rules For Your Journey To Financial Freedom. Retrieved 25 August 2021.
- Adesakin, Sola (10 June 2019). The Real Profit: Profit Enhancement Hacks For Business Owners. Retrieved 25 August 2021.
- Adesakin, Sola (1 July 2020). Fit-To-Fly Financial Plan: An All-encompassing Roadmap For Your Financial Success. Retrieved 25 August 2021.
- Adesakin, Sola (5 January 2020). May I Have My Money?: A Simple and Practical Guide to Money Management for Children. Retrieved 25 August 2021.
- Adesakin is a recipient of the Women X Scholarship, an initiative of the World Bank and Pan Atlantic University for Female Entrepreneurs.
- Adesakin has been recognised by The Guardian Nigeria News as one of Nigeria's 100 Most Inspiring Women for the year 2020.
- Adesakin has been recognised as one of the 100 Power Women of 2021 by the Power Woman Network.
- As of August 2021, Adesakin is currently a participant at the Academy for Women Entrepreneurs, a US Government Initiative.
- Adesakin was listed in the Phenomity 40 List of 2021 released on the International Women's Day.
Adesakin is married to Gboyega Adesakin and they have three children. She speaks fluently in the English and Yoruba Languages.
In the media
- ""What you earn isn't what makes you wealthy" – Sola Adesakin". The Guardian Nigeria News - Nigeria and World News. 28 July 2018. Retrieved 25 August 2021.
- "Entrepreneurs should acquire digital, e-commerce skills to bounce back after COVID-19 crisis —Sola Adesakin, personal finance expert". Tribune Online. 6 May 2020. Retrieved 25 August 2021.
- "Sola Adesakin: Popularizing The Make-Manage-Multiply-Money Message Across Socioeconomic Classes". www.wtnzfox43.com. Retrieved 25 August 2021.
- "Who Is Sola Adesakin? Inside With the Nigerian Chartered Accountant That's Rocking the Financial Literacy World". in.style.yahoo.com. Retrieved 25 August 2021.
- "Sola Adesakin: Popularizing The Make-Manage-Multiply-Money Message Across Socioeconomic Classes". www.wrde.com. Retrieved 25 August 2021.
- Ajumobi, Kemi (24 April 2020). "Women in Business: Sola Adesakin". Businessday NG. Retrieved 25 August 2021.
- "Sola Adesakin: Popularizing The Make-Manage-Multiply-Money Message Across Socioeconomic Classes". www.wboc.com. Retrieved 25 August 2021.