|Born||October 19, 1971|
|Nationality||Native American (Lipan Apache Tribe of Texas)|
|Years active||1995 - present|
Snake Blocker (born 19 October 1971) is an American entrepreneur, actor, martial artist, and author. Blocker is the founder of Blocker Academy of Martial Arts and Apache-3 Corporation, a government contracting company that offers software support and mission-essential systems integration. He has over two decade’s experience working in the US Navy and as a Martial Arts Instructor. He has also written and published some well-received poetry.
Snake Blocker is a member of the Lipan Ápấchề Tribe of Texas Heron Warrior Clan under the Sun Otter Band of the Lipan Apache Tribe. Blocker also provides his services and expertise as a warrior to a variety of industries. He has received multiple awards and honors both for his service in the military as well as for his martial art and entrepreneurial skills.
Early life and education
Blocker was born on October 19, 1971, to James and Nancy (Aparicio) Blocker. He belongs to the Lipan Apache Tribe of Texas. From an early age, Blocker embraced his cultural heritage with pride. During his childhood, Blocker was bullied for his physical appearance and being smaller than others, which inspired him to learn defense skills.
Blocker graduated from John A. Rowland High School in 1989. In 1992, he attended Pilot's Ground School at Mount San Antonio College. Blocker became a certified Health and Fitness instructor in 1993 when he received his certification from the American College of Sports Medicine. In 2005, Blocker received a Leadership certification from BIOLA University.
In 2009, Blocker pursued a course in Aviation Management at the Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University. He graduated in 2013. In 2016, Blocker received a Russian Kettlebell Certification from Dragon Door. In 2020, Blocker enrolled at the Colorado Technical University to pursue a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration.
Blocker started his career in 1995 as a Martial Arts Instructor at the Blocker Academy of Martial Arts. Blocker, as the head of this prestigious academy, offers a wide range of self-defense programs including, the latest in fitness and cross-training techniques.
In June 2001, Blocker joined the US Navy Reserves. He worked under the Navy Expeditionary Combat Commands and Navy Fleet Logistic Support Center, as well as the Army chain of commands throughout the USA, Kuwait, Iraq, Afghanistan and several other areas. Since his joining, Blocker has been a Sailor of the Quarter and has won numerous awards and honors including, Navy Operational Support Center Sailor of the Year 2012, Chamber of Aurora Military Person of the Year 2012, and El Jebel Shriners Uniform Service Member Medal of Honor 2012.
In 2006, Blocker joined Baker Huges, a leading energy technology company based in New Mexico. Blocker worked for over six-year with this company as an Equipment Operator. During his tenure at Baker Huges, Blocker worked on oil & natural gas sites throughout New Mexico, Arizona, Utah, Wyoming, and Colorado. He also worked alongside the mobile Frac team, mobile Cement team, and HAZMAT facility.
In 2010, Blocker was appointed as the director of logistics and manufacturing at Four Horsemen International, a company that provides high-end security and personal protection for US bases and individuals in the war zones throughout Afghanistan. Blocker worked for eight months with this organization.
In 2011, Blocker became the Program Manager (PM) at Shamsheer Consulting and Logistics International (SCLI). Blocker worked for seven months with this organization, during which he worked alongside the Department of Defense Army contracts on transportation throughout Afghanistan.
Blocker founded Snake Blocker Survival in 2012, which promotes the survival benefits of Executive World Fitness (1993), Blocker Academy of Marital (1995).
Blocker in 2019 founded Apache-3 Corporation, a government contracting company that offers software support and mission-essential systems integration. The company is headquartered in Oberlin, Kansas, with satellite support in Denver, Colorado; Los Angeles, California; and Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Apache-3 Corporation offers a vast range of IT services including, DevOps Implementation, DevOps or Agile Transformation, Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, and Transfer from Data Centers to Cloud (AWS).
Film and Television Appearances
Blocker has also made several film and television appearances. His debut role was in the 1995 film Enter the Blood Ring. He played the fighter Scorpion for two MMA matches.
Blocker’s first television appearance was in 2009, on the series premiere of Spike TV's Deadliest Warrior, in the episode titled Apache vs Gladiator. In it, he demonstrated the fighting styles and weapons of Apache warriors alongside friend and fellow expert, Alan Tafoya.
In 2012, Blocker appeared on National Geographic's Doomsday Preppers in the 10th episode of the second season, entitled- In The Hurt Locker. There, he explained and demonstrated the survival tactics of his ancestors.
In 2014, Blocker was featured in National Geographic's YouTube series, Selling Survival, a supplement to the Doomsday Preppers series. In Episode 13, he talks briefly about knife fighting and demonstrates a few simple moves.
- Deadliest Warrior, Season 1, Episode 1 (Apaches versus Gladiators) - Spike TV & Morning Star Entertainment
- Doomsday Preppers, Season 2 (In the Hurt Locker) - National Geographic
- Selling Survival, Episode 13 (Knife Fighting) - National Geographic
- Military Close Quarter Combat in Iraq (with Petty Officer Snake Blocker) - Combat Camera
- Military Close Quarters Combat in Afghanistan (with Petty Officer Snake Blocker) - American Freedom Network (AFN)
- 'ABS' on Fire with Snake Blocker (Fitness Show) - Cox Cable
- Snake Blocker Interview - Cox Cable
- Enter the Blood Ring (Fighter) - Guns for Hire
- Grandes Mestres Das Artes Marciais (Martial Arts Grand Master (GM))
- Received from Erich Froman World University Inc. by Jose Austo Maciel Torres, PhD (Brazil)
- Received from Bueno Editora Grarde Mestre by Dr. H.C. Fabio Amador Bueno
- (Snake Blocker received during his 24th Annual Jeet Kune Do & Affiliate Arts Seminar/Gathering alongside Gary Dill (GM) and Carlos Silva (GM))
- Masters of Martial Arts Award - Pioneer in Martial Arts
- Inducted at Martial Arts Kung Fu Expo 9th, 10th, & 11th Annual (2015, 2016, & 2017)
- Received from Cliff Kupper (New Jersey-USA)
- Philadelphia Martial Arts Society (PHMAS) Hall of Fame
- Inducted at PHMAS Hall of Fame Banquet (Class of 2015)
- Received from Paul Cheng (New Jersey-USA)
- VITA SAANA/BITMA Martial Arts Hall of Fame
- Inducted at VITA SAANA & Blacks in the Martial Arts (BITMA) Historical Legacy awards Banquet (2015 - 2nd Annual African Martial Arts Banquet (special recognition to non-blacks))
- Received from J.C. Mwanzo Mwalimu (New Jersey-USA)
- Action Martial Arts Magazine Hall of Honor (AMAM Medal of Honor):
- Ambassador of Goodwill to the Martial Arts (2016)
- Outstanding Achievements in the Martial Arts (2017)
- Esteemed Modern Warrior (2018)
- Inducted by The Board of Directors of Action Martial Arts Magazine
- Received from Alan Goldberg (New Jersey-USA)
- R.A.V.E.N. Tactical Hall of Fame
- R.A.V.E.N. Tactical Military Combatives Instructor of the Year
- R.A.V.E.N. Tactical Colorado Representative
- Nominated/Inductee/Awarded 2011 (Afghanistan)
- Received from R.A.V.E.N. Directors
- Navy Operational Support Center (NOSC) Sailor of the Quarters (SOQ) and Year (SOY):
- NOSC Denver SAILOR OF THE YEAR 2012
- NOSC Denver Sailor of the Quarter (2nd Quarter), Nominated/Awarded 2019
- NOSC Denver Sailor of the Quarter (2nd Quarter), Nominated/Awarded 2018
- NOSC Denver Sailor of the Quarter (2nd Quarter), Nominated/Awarded 2017
- NOSC Denver Sailor of the Quarter (2nd Quarter), Nominated/Awarded 2014
- NOSC Denver Sailor of the Quarter (4th Quarter), Nominated/Awarded 2012
- Received from NOSC Denver Commanding Officer
- Navy Commander Naval Forces Europe (CNE)/Commander Naval Forces Africa (CNA)/ Commander Sixth Fleet (C6F) Maritime Partnership Program (MPP) Detachment #118 (CNE/CNA C6F MPP Det 118) Sailor of the Year (SOY)
- CNE/CNA C6F MPP 118 Unit SAILOR OF THE YEAR 2017
- Received from CNE/CNA C6F MPP 118 Commanding Officer
- Fleet Logistic Center Pearl Harbor Denver Det (FLCPH-Denver) Unit Sailor of the Quarter (SOQ):
- FLCPH-Denver Unit Sailor of the Quarter (1st Quarter), Nominated/Awarded 2015
- Received from Fleet Logistic Center Pearl Harbor Det 'A' Denver Commanding Officer
- Fleet Logistic Center Pearl Harbor (FLCPH) Command Sailor of the Quarter (SOQ):
- FLCPH Command Sailor of the Quarter (2nd Quarter), Nominated/Awarded 2015
- Received from Fleet Logistic Center Pearl Harbor, Hawaii Commanding Officer
- Shriner's Medal of Honor Medal & Certificate for 6th Annual Uniform Service Recognition
- Nominated/Awarded 2012 El Jebel Shriners, Denver, Colorado
- U.S. Army Military Close Quarters Combat (MCQC) Instructor Certificate
- For teaching 150 hours as MCQC instructor (Kuwait)
- Received from US Army Lieutenant Colonel Clark H. Summers, TC Commander-Camp Spearhead, Port of Ash Shuaybah, Kuwait
- U.S. Army Certificate of Appreciation
- For teaching the 1st Tomahawk Challenge to US Cavalry Scouts from Apache Troop 4-9
- Received from Brandnten B. Miller, CPT, AR Commanding & Jaime Villegas, 1st SG USA, First Sergeant
- Chamber of Commerce Aurora, Colorado:
- Chamber of Commerce Military Person of the Year (MPOY) 2012
- Nominated/Awarded 2012 by Chamber of Commerce Aurora Board
- International Combatives Self Defense Association (ICSDA):
- ICSCA Colorado State Representative (2007-2009)
- Navy First Class Petty Officer Association (FCPOA), Denver - President
- Elected President of the FCPOA Navy Operational Support (NOSC) Denver 2018
- Poetry Hall of Fame
- Received from The International Society of Poets
- 1995 Bronze Medal - National Aerobics Championship (NAC California Regionals). Trained with Christopher Riles, NAC Trainer
- Pasadena Weekly 1992 & 1993 Winner ""Best Aerobics"" (for Bally's Nautilus Plus) Presented to Snake Blocker (Aerobic Coordinator) by Pasadena Weekly, James P. Laris, Publisher
- County of Los Angeles Community Service Awards
- 1st Annual Service Business of the Year - Palos Verdes Peninsula Chamber of Commerce
- California State Senate - Community Service Awards
- United States of America Member of Congress - Community Service Awards
- California State Assembly/California Legislature - Community Service Awards
- Who's Who Historical Society-Who's Who in entrepreneurs, Boston, MA (2001/2002)
- National Register's Who's Who in Executives and Professionals, Babylon, New York (1998/1999) (NRWWEP book page 668)
- Recognition of Leadership & Service Awards
- Presented by Aerobic Pipeline International (API), AUG 1995, MAR 1995
Military Service Awards:
- Army Commendation Medal
- Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal (2 gold stars)
- Navy Meritorious Unit Commendation (MUC) (2 bronze stars)
- Navy Good Conduct Medal (2 bronze star)
- Naval Reserve Meritorious Service Medal (4 bronze stars)
- National Defense Service Medal
- Humanitarian Service Medal (USNS Mercy - Task Force Los Angeles)
- Afghanistan Campaign Medal (1 star)
- Iraq Campaign Medal (1 star)
- Global War on Terrorism (Expeditionary)
- Global War on Terrorism (Service)
- Military Outstanding Volunteer Service Medal
- Navy Sea Service Deployment
- Navy and Marine Overseas Service Ribbon
- Armed Forces Reserve Medal (bronze ""M,"" bronze ""Hourglass,"" & bronze numeral ""3"" [Mobilized])
- NATO Non Art 5 ISAF Medal (Afghanistan)
- Navy Rifle Qualification Ribbon/Medal (Expert)
- Navy Pistol Qualification Ribbon/Medal (Expert)
- Admiral ""Flag"" Letter of Commendation (3x)
Blocker married Melissa Blocker in 2012. The couple has four kids together named Sierra Ravin Blocker (born in 2014), Serenity Violet Blocker (born in 2016), Hunter Asher Talon Blocker (born in 2018), and Zander Colt Saber Blocker (born in 2020).
Blocker, in his free time, likes to read and watch movies. His favorite movies tend to be comedies, action films, and documentaries. Blocker is passionate about family time and socializing with his network of friends.
Blocker is a spiritual man who studies the Bible in his quest to understand and serve God's will.
In the media
- "The Lipan Apache Tribe of Texas Community Page". www.lipanapache.org.
- Gilbert, Marie (7 May 2015). "Gilbert Curiosities: Steampunk Granny's Interview of Snake Blocker, Lipan Apache, Navy Reserve, Martial Arts, Writer, Poet, Actor". Gilbert Curiosities. Retrieved 9 December 2020.
- "Warriors". Deadliest Warrior Wiki. Retrieved 9 December 2020.
- "Experts". Deadliest Warrior Wiki. Retrieved 9 December 2020.
- "Muay Thai Techniques - www.FIGHTFAN.net -Blocker Academy". Retrieved 9 December 2020.
- "TOPS Knives Apache Falcon Knife AFAL-01 - Snake Blocker Fighter - Tactical Gray 1095 Steel - Black Linen Micarta - USA Made". Knives Plus. Retrieved 9 December 2020.
- "TOPS Knives Apache Falcon Fixed Blade Knife, AFAL-01". BladeOps.
- "TOPS Knives Apache Falcon Fixed Blade Tactical Knife 6.5 Clip Point". MidwayUSA. Retrieved 9 December 2020.
- "Reflections". navy.togetherweserved.com. Retrieved 9 December 2020.
- Graff, Corey (24 January 2011). "SHOT Show 2011: Waysun "Johnny" Tsai and Mr. Snake Blocker Show Off New Tactical Knives". Gun Digest. Retrieved 9 December 2020.
- "PREPARE Magazine | Apache Knife Fighting & Battle Tactic 1". www.preparemag.com. Retrieved 9 December 2020.
- "TOPS Apache Falcon Knife Review". BlackSheepWarrior.Com. 30 October 2015. Retrieved 9 December 2020.
- "Deadliest Warrior 1x01 "Apache vs Gladiator"". Retrieved 9 December 2020.
- "Doctor Prepper's CPR". BlogTalkRadio. Retrieved 9 December 2020.
- "TOPS Apache Falcon Knife Review". BlackSheepWarrior.Com. 30 October 2015. Retrieved 9 December 2020.
- Noble, Barnes &. "Deadliest Warrior: Season One". Barnes & Noble. Retrieved 9 December 2020.
- "Deadliest Warrior". 44 Blue Productions, Morningstar Entertainment. 10 March 2009. Retrieved 9 December 2020.
- ""Doomsday Preppers" In the Hurt Locker (TV Episode 2013) - IMDb". Retrieved 9 December 2020.
- "Apache Falcon Knife - TOPS Knives Tactical OPS USA". www.topsknives.com. Retrieved 9 December 2020.
- "Hand to hand combat skills". DVIDS. Retrieved 9 December 2020.
- "Snake Blocker Apache Knife Fighting and Battle Tactic Seminar". Highland Park, IL Patch. 22 June 2013. Retrieved 9 December 2020.
- "War Hawk: Tomahawk Combatives Volume One". Retrieved 9 December 2020.
- "Salute to Petty Officer First Class Snake Blocker". NBC 7 San Diego. Retrieved 9 December 2020.
- "SNAKE BLOCKER". Vunak website v1.1. Retrieved 9 December 2020.
- "Force Necessary Instructors – U.S." Force Necessary. 7 May 2014. Retrieved 9 December 2020.