|Type of business||Private|
Type of site
|Social learning (social pedagogy)|
|Alexa rank||15013 (March 2020[update])|
Skuola.net is the first Italian web portal dedicated to students of all ages and education. Their business model is focused on sharing notes.
It was founded by Marco Sbardella, Daniele Grassucci and Alessandro Pilloni in 2000. The three guys, at that time students in Liceo Scientifico Newton in 2000, had the idea of publishing and sharing their homework done online, encouraging their peers to do the same.  Nowadays Skuola.net counts on average 5 millions of unique browsers per month. 
In 2003 Skuola.net launched the first marketplace in Italy for online buying and selling of university notes. This exchange model of notes was born in Turin, where a student portal introduced a creative startup.
After some years, in 2016, Skuola.net presents a news: a service called Skuola.net | Ripetizioni. It is the last frontier of school repetitions, that connects parents, teachers and students.
Students/users do not only share educational material, but they also have the chance, thanks to forums, to interact and discuss, by combining mood, needs and their own expectations.
Skuolanet philosophy is based on virtuous reuse: after using notes for an exam, these ones will not be destroyed or thrown away, but they will be visible and available in the store and, in particular, helpful for other students.
In the repetition field Skuolanet is a real and unprecedented revolution. In order to make the process easier and faster there are teachers’ photos, reviews, evaluations, prices, whose payments will take place through credit card by parents and bank transfer or PayPal addressed to teachers. This allows to get stronger appreciation also by old people.
Skuola.net in the media
- "Skuola.net Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved March 20, 2020.
- ELENA LISA. "Skuola.net, il sito più cliccato dagli studenti prende casa in città". La Stampa (in Italian). La Stampa.CS1 maint: unrecognized language (link)
- "Skuola.net". La7 (in Italian). La7.CS1 maint: unrecognized language (link)
- Teresa Nappi. "Skuola.net: cresce a due cifre il fatturato adv. Ora occhi puntati sull'Ed-Tech". Engage (in Italian). Engage.CS1 maint: unrecognized language (link)
- FLAVIA AMABILE. "Prezzi, recensioni e foto nel sito per le ripetizioni". La Stampa (in Italian). La Stampa.CS1 maint: unrecognized language (link)
- Skuola.net Official website
- Skuola.net on Facebook
- Skuola.net on Twitter
- Skuola.net on Instagram
- Skuola.net on Flipboard
- Skuola.net on Youtube