Sidney A. McNairy III
June 26, 1970
Baton Rouge, La
|Citizenship||United States of America|
|Occupation||International Best Selling Author and Speaker, The ModernMonk|
|Organization||Art of Peaceful Living|
|Known for||Helping others find Peace in their lives in order to align to their highest possibility. Sid is “The Secret Weapon” for companies, high powered individuals and those striving for their greatness. Sid is the ModernMonk|
|Height||5 ft 9 in (175 cm)|
|Awards||International Best Selling Author (Amazon)|
Sid McNairy (born June 26, 1970) is an American entrepreneur, wellness coach, author, yoga instructor, former football coach, and spiritualist. He is the founder and CEO of Nahi wellness and Sid Yoga Studio. McNairy is also the architect of the Art of Peaceful Living spiritual awakening and self-discovery program.
McNairy is also an international best-selling author and has authored several books on yoga and meditation. He specializes in helping people to find discipline in their lives through yoga, meditation, and self-discovery.
McNairy has an experience of over 30 years in the wellness industry since, over 26 states and 10 countries. During his career, he has successfully trained over 3000 yoga teachers and has spent over 60,000 hours of teaching and empowering people toward a spiritual journey and peaceful living.
Early life and education
McNairy was born on June 26, 1970, in Baton Rouge, LA. His father Sidney A. McNairy Jr, a biomedical researcher, and mother Bobbie McNairy encouraged him to engage in playing several sports and lead a healthy life through spiritual and yoga practice.
Before going to high school at Gaithersburg High School. McNairy Played Futbol in England. Mcnairy played soccer most of his life. In High School McNairy played football and ran track, where he won 4 state championships. He played soccer at Purdue university for 3 years.
After completing his graduation, McNairy started his career as a strength coach at Purdue University (1992-1993). After Purdue McNairy became a football coach at Eastern Illinois University (1993-1994). McNairy also coached at Northern Michigan University (1994-95), Northern Illinois (1995-2001) and Morgan State University (2001-2004). While working as a football coach, McNairy started practicing yoga to heal his ankle injury in 1995. McNairy helped Morgan State University by teaching yoga to the football team. This helped MSU to achieve the first winning season in 24 years. He made meditation and yoga a part of his daily regimen and soon his friends and peers started seeking his guidance. He established The Sid Yoga Center in 2004. After leaving football, McNairy became a full time wellness coach in 2004.
For 30 plus years, McNairy has been educating, empowering, guiding, inspiring, and leading people through his philosophies and lifestyle as an instructor and healer. His studios have employed more than 40 teachers and operated on a donation-based system. He has helped launched his studios in Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Kansas, Boston, and the west coast.
In June 2003, McNairy founded Nahi wellness, a lifestyle brand that offers a combination of spiritual healing and life empowerment coaching. A community that facilitates people to come and grow together through meditation and yoga.
McNairy has authored several books based on his yoga journey and findings. He became the bestselling author in 2016, with the release of his book, “Yoga and Life Empowerment”. His other books include The Warrior Within, Those Who Know God, and The Secret Weapon. In 2021 McNairy became an International Best Selling Author.
McNairy has also launched a mentorship program, The Art of Peaceful Living, along with his wife. It serves as a community to help people find peace, and unity and embark on their journey to self-discovery.
McNairy is also the founder of a clothing brand, ModernMonk, a brand focused on creating gear and apparel for men and women. On 9-11-2022 the Art of Peaceful Living App was launch to help all find a path to Peace.
- Yoga and Life Empowerment (June 2016)
- The Warrior Within (May 2019)
- Those Who Know God (November 2020)
- The Secret Weapon (April 2022)
- Autobiography of a ModernMonk (2022)
- Playbook for Peace (2023)
In the media
- "Nahi Wellness | Bark Profile and Reviews". www.bark.com. Retrieved 10 September 2022.
- "Sid McNairy | Founder, Owner of Sid Yoga Center". Udemy. Retrieved 10 September 2022.
- "The Dr. Vibe Show : THE DR. VIBE SHOW™: SID McNAIRY "STEPS ON THE JOURNEY TO PEACE"". sites.libsyn.com. Retrieved 10 September 2022.
- "Sid McNairy". www.amazon.com. Retrieved 10 September 2022.
- "Power Vinyasa with Sid McNairy". CENTER Yoga + Wellness. Retrieved 10 September 2022.
- "Teachers". Yogaville. Retrieved 10 September 2022.
- "14 of Sid McNairy Podcasts Interviews | Updated Daily - OwlTail". www.owltail.com. Retrieved 10 September 2022.
- Brown, Tanya G. (29 October 2016). "Sid McNairy". Purdue Alumnus. Retrieved 10 September 2022.
- "Sid McNairy Archives". Online Courses Pro. Retrieved 10 September 2022.
- "Sid McNairy". Sonima. Retrieved 10 September 2022.
- "The SwitchPoint Project | Listen on JioSaavn #SaavnOriginals". JioSaavn. Retrieved 10 September 2022.
- "Sid McNairy Books | List of books by author Sid McNairy". ThriftBooks. Retrieved 10 September 2022.
- "The Conduit - Tattva Tuesday ft. Sid McNairy, Architect of Art of Peaceful Living". RSS.com. Retrieved 10 September 2022.
- "The Art of Peaceful Living w/Sid McNairy - The Authority Project". pod.co. Retrieved 10 September 2022.
- "The SwitchPoint Project: Sid McNairy on Apple Podcasts". Apple Podcasts. Retrieved 10 September 2022.
- "The Warrior Within: A Quest for Peace". Goodreads. Retrieved 10 September 2022.
- "Sid McNairy · Those Who Know God (Paperback Book) (2020)". imusic.co. Retrieved 10 September 2022.
- Personal website
- Playbook for Peace Official website
- ModernMonk Wear Official website
- Autobiography of a ModernMonk Official website
- Power and Peace Retreat Official website
- Sid McNairy on Facebook
- Sid McNairy on Instagram
- on 's channelYouTube
- Sid McNairy on Twitter
- Sid McNairy on LinkedIn
- Sid McNairy on Tiktok