|Born||July 17, 1989|
|Organization||Cloud Equity Group|
Sean Frank (born June 17, 1989) is an American entrepreneur, philanthropist and investor. He is best known as the founder of Cloud Equity Group, a global investment firm based in New York City. Frank also served as the CEO of XE Technology Solutions.
Early life and education
Frank was born on June 17, 1989, to Andrea and Graeme Frank. He started his first small business as a 12-year-old, creating websites for his friends and charging a small monthly fee for them. By the time Frank started high school, he had earned more money than his professors and was well-known among his friends. He drew his inspiration from Andrew McKelvey, founder of Monster, back in his high school. Frank started reinvesting his profits to accelerate his company’s growth and soon became proficient in acquiring small businesses.
In 2009, Frank attended the University of Virginia to pursue his degree in International Finance. He later completed his Bachelors in Finance from the University of Pittsburgh in 2011. Frank also became a Chartered Financial Analyst in 2015.
In October 2013, Frank founded Cloud Equity Group, a Wall Street-based investment management firm that specializes in leveraged buyouts and private debt investments. Prior to joining Cloud Equity Group, he was the Chief Executive Officer of XE Technology Solutions, a web services conglomerate. As a strategy operator, Frank gained extensive experience with inorganic growth opportunities through mergers and acquisitions. As a CEO, he successfully executed and integrated over a dozen transactions, both horizontal and vertical, throughout his professional journey.
Mr. Frank has had public speaking engagements as an industry expert at Harvard University, the University of Chicago, the Alternative Asset Summit, and the Alternative Investment Summit, to name a few.
Frank is a philanthropist at heart. He contributes to various causes, including breast cancer research, mental health and wellness, child welfare, financial inclusion, COVID-19 relief, as well as Jewish community initiatives.
In the media
- "Sean Frank - Entrepreneur, Investor, Philanthropist - About". www.seanfrank.info. 19 January 2022. Retrieved 9 July 2022.
- "Sean Frank, Managing Partner at Cloud Equity Group, on the Importance of Mindset for Entrepreneurship". California Herald. 19 April 2021. Retrieved 9 July 2022.
- published, Anthony Spadafora (27 August 2020). "Cloud Equity Group acquires Conseev web hosting portfolio". TechRadar. Retrieved 9 July 2022.
- HostingJournalist, AuthorEditorial Team; HostingJournalist, AuthorEditorial Team (28 August 2020). "Cloud Equity Group Completes Acquisition of Conseev's Hosting Brands". Hosting Journalist.com.
- "Sean Frank on Becoming a Self-Made Millionaire Before the Age of 30". Business Deccan. 28 April 2021. Retrieved 9 July 2022.
- Ross, Sharon (13 April 2021). "Sean Frank on His Journey as a Successful Young Entrepreneur". eNEWS 2.0. Retrieved 9 July 2022.
- Cinar, Seda Nur (27 October 2020). "Cloud Equity Group to complete carve-out from A2 Hosting". Cloud7 News. Retrieved 9 July 2022.
- "Web Hosting News - Cloud Equity Group Completes Acquires Conseev Portfolio Hosting Companies". www.hostsearch.com. 19 January 2022. Retrieved 9 July 2022.
- Agarwal, Umesh; TechBullion, Angela Scott-Briggs (15 May 2021). "Sean Frank Gives Advice to Upcoming Entrepreneurs on Starting a Business". TechBullion. Retrieved 9 July 2022.
- "Cloud Equity Group Successfully Scales Small And Mid-Sized Businesses". www.yahoo.com. 19 January 2022. Retrieved 9 July 2022.
- "Cloud Equity Group Investor Profile: Portfolio & Exits | PitchBook". pitchbook.com. 19 January 2022. Retrieved 9 July 2022.
- "Sean Frank - Entrepreneur, Investor, Philanthropist - Philanthropy". www.seanfrank.info. 19 January 2022. Retrieved 9 July 2022.
- "Cloud Equity Group | Investment Team". cloudequitygroup.com. 19 January 2022. Retrieved 9 July 2022.
- "Sean Frank (American investor)". EverybodyWiki Bios & Wiki. 19 January 2022. Retrieved 9 July 2022.
- "Cloud Equity Group: Investing in The Future of Cloud-Based Hosting Services". markets.businessinsider.com. 19 January 2022. Retrieved 9 July 2022.