Scenic Eclipse is a six-star discovery mega-yacht ship operated by Scenic. As of August 2020, It is the first cruise line’s discovery ship, world’s most luxurious expedition mega-yacht and the current flagship of the Scenic fleet. It departed on the shipyard on July 27, 2019 in Valletta, Malta, where the ship was registered.
Scenic Founder and Chairman decided to build the luxury yacht, after being inspired by Paul Allen's Octopus yacht. In February 2018, the cruise line confirmed that a sister ship to the Scenic Eclipse was in production, with a prospective launch date of 2020. The Scenic Eclipse construction started at 2017, the first ocean-going ship in the fleet, The construction has been delayed numerous times due to bankruptcy and others, and finally entered into service in August 2019. The ship is a 17,085-gross-ton and can able to hold up to 228 passengers, with a five decks of 345 to 2,659 square feet.
Scenic Eclipse departed the shipyard on July 27, 2019 for Valletta, Malta, where the ship is registered, It then headed Reykjavik, Iceland and disembarked on August 15, and ending in Quebec where the ships will be named by the actress Helen Mirren. Scenic appointed that Helen Mirren to be the godmother of the discovery yacht, and christened in New York City on 10 September 2019.
The ship was purposed made to provide cruises in the Americas, Europe, Arctic, Antarctica, and the Norwegian Fjords It started with 2020-2022 program of ocean exploration on Antarctica and America land journeys. The ship first sailed on Quebec city to Saint Lawrence River, and went to Viktor Lenac Shipyard on Croatia in May 2019 as a part of scheduled dry dock, where it will be remained for 10 days with the standard works of the ship. It completed its first sea trials on June 2019. The ship's journey has been temporarily suspended on sailing until 30 April 2020, but extended into 30 June, due to coronavirus pandemic concerns.
On 28 March 2020, there are 245 passengers on Scenic Eclipse alongside with MS Roald Amundsen cruises where the ships flew on Sydney to South America and arrived at night, were forced to be screened due to COVID-19 fears at the airport and required to be isolated for 14 days.
In the media
- Hood, Bryan; Hood, Bryan (September 11, 2019). "Inside the 'Scenic Eclipse,' the World's Most Luxurious Expedition Megayacht".
- "Inside Scenic Eclipse". seatrade-cruise.com. October 4, 2019.
- "Scenic plans 'double Eclipse' with order of a second newbuild". February 3, 2018.
- Knego, Peter. "Cruise ship tours: Take a look inside the Scenic Eclipse, featuring a submarine and helicopters". USA TODAY.
- "A Scenic Eclipse cruise: luxury without exception". thestar.com. November 1, 2019.
- "It's official: Scenic Eclipse has been delivered". seatrade-cruise.com. August 2, 2019.
- Staff, C. I. N. (September 11, 2019). "Dame Helen Mirren Christens Scenic Eclipse in New York". www.cruiseindustrynews.com.
- "Helen Mirren Appointed Godmother of Scenic Eclipse". Travel Agent Central.
- Staff, C. I. N. (November 28, 2019). "Scenic Eclipse Presents Antarctica and America Land Journeys 2020-2022". www.cruiseindustrynews.com.
- Stone, Deborah (August 16, 2019). "World's first Discovery Yacht Scenic Eclipse sets sail with two helicopters & a submarine". Express.co.uk.
- "Scenic Eclipse Heads to Drydock". TravelPulse.
- "New footage of Scenic Eclipse' sea trials emege". June 13, 2019.
- "The Scenic Group Suspends All River Cruises Departing Through April". www.cruisecritic.com.
- "Scenic suspends sailings for another two months". April 7, 2020.
- News, Mirage (March 29, 2020). "NSW latest coronavirus data as at 29 March | Mirage News". www.miragenews.com.
|last=has generic name (help)
- Scenic Eclipse The World’s First Discovery Yacht
- Scenic Eclipse facebook page
- Scenic Eclipse twitter page
- Scenic Eclipse instagram page
- Scenic Luxury Cruises & Tours youtube page
- Scenic Eclipse Ultra Luxury Yacht - Ship Technology
- Scenic Eclipse Cruise - Ship Review - Photos & Departure
This article "Scenic Eclipse" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.