|Add a Photo|
|Born||June 1980 (age 41)|
|Occupation||Chief Executive of Shelterbox|
|Spouse(s)||Theresia Maria Elisabeth Freiin von Oer|
Sanj Srikanthan    (born June 1980) is the Chief Executive of Shelterbox      . Until December 2019 he was the Senior Vice President and Executive Director of the International Rescue Committee, Europe . Prior to that he served as a British Army Captain, based in Germany with the Royal Dragoon Guards . He has been interviewed extensively on current affairs including an in depth interview with Christiane Amanpour  on the war in Yemen  . In 2018, he was voted one of London's key 'changemakers' by the London Evening Standard .
Early life and education
Srikanthan was born in London but was raised in Jaffna, Sri Lanka by his grandparents for the first five years of his life. He left during the conflict there in 1985 to rejoin his family in the United Kingdom where he studied at Bedford Modern School  and Bedford School. . Srikanthan went on to read Politics and Modern History at the University of Manchester . He later completed a Master of Public Affairs at Sciences-Po, Paris in 2009  before also completing a Master of Public Administration at Columbia University in 2010 .
Srikanthan went on to join the International Rescue Committee in June,2010. He has worked in frontline humanitarian emergencies in Mali , Syria , Iraq, Lebanon, Turkey, Liberia , and South Sudan.
In 2014 while working in Liberia during the ebola crisis he spoke about the need for locally led solutions to the outbreak .
Srikanthan has been a notable advocate for refugee rights and a more pragmatic solution to displacement of populations due to conflict . He has helped orchestrate some public displays about the scale of the Europe refugee crisis such as life jackets in Parliament Square in 2016 . He has often cited his own personal story to advocate for the rights of child refugees .
In 2011 he married Theresia Maria Elisabeth Freiin von Oer in Legden, Germany. He currently lives in Cornwall, United Kingdom.
In the media
- "Q&A with Sanj Srikanthan". Chatham House.
- "Dial 'IRC' for international rescue and recovery". August 31, 2017.
- Development, PodBean. "CEO of ShelterBox, Sanj Srikanthan, joins Alberto Lidji to discuss disaster relief in the face of Super Cyclone Amphan and COVID-19 in Bangladesh and eastern India". albertolidji.podbean.com.
- "Emergency Disaster Relief". ShelterBox.
- Vergnault, Olivier (March 14, 2020). "Meet the former Army captain who is now in charge of ShelterBox". CornwallLive.
- "Court Circular". The Royal Family.
- "New appointments this week in UK politics, the civil service and public affairs". Politics Home. February 25, 2020.
- Ferguson, Emily (July 20, 2020). "Camilla heartbreak: Duchess 'salutes heroic efforts' in poignant message". Express.co.uk.
- Vergnault, Olivier (March 2, 2020). "50 most powerful people in Cornwall ranked". CornwallLive.
- "International Rescue Committee (IRC)". International Rescue Committee (IRC).
- "Royal Dragoon Guards". July 22, 2020 – via Wikipedia.
- "Christiane Amanpour". September 10, 2020 – via Wikipedia.
- "Sanj Srikanthan Discusses the Crown Prince's War in Yemen".
- "Yemenis need a ceasefire at once | Letters". the Guardian. October 17, 2018.
- "The Progress 1000: London's most influential people 2018 - The Changemakers". Evening Standard. October 8, 2018.
- "Evening Standard". September 5, 2020 – via Wikipedia.
- "Home". Bedford Modern School.
- School, Bedford. "Bedford School". Bedford School.
- "Home". Sciences Po.
- "Columbia University". September 2, 2020 – via Wikipedia.
- "Royal Military Academy Sandhurst". August 30, 2020 – via Wikipedia.
- "Second lieutenant". August 15, 2020 – via Wikipedia.
- "Münster". September 10, 2020 – via Wikipedia.
- Srikanthan, Sanj; Director, ContributorEmergency Deputy Field; Committee, International Rescue (July 6, 2012). "How The Drought Raises Risks For Sexual Abuse, Child Labor". HuffPost.
- Shearlaw, Maeve (March 7, 2013). "What next for Syria's refugees? Live panel discussion" – via www.theguardian.com.
- "Liberia's West Point Slum Reels From the Nightmare of Ebola". Time.
- Tran, Mark (January 14, 2013). "Syrian women and girls allege use of sexual violence in civil war" – via www.theguardian.com.
- Foundation, Thomson Reuters. "INTERVIEW: Scale of rape in Syria war may "shock" - IRC". news.trust.org.
- "U.S. Ebola Aid Could Tamp Down Fear in West Africa". National Geographic News. September 21, 2014.
- "Is the European Union facing a new refugee crisis?". www.aljazeera.com.
- "Parliament Square is covered in a graveyard of life jackets and each of them represents a wasted life". The Independent. September 19, 2016.
- Nadeau, Barbie Latza (September 2, 2016). "How Many Babies Have to Die Like Alan Kurdi Before the World Acts?" – via www.thedailybeast.com.
- "Bloomberg - Are you a robot?". www.bloomberg.com.
- Banning-Lover, Rachel (January 30, 2015). "Live Q&A: when is enough enough for humanitarian agencies?" – via www.theguardian.com.
- Sanj Srikanthan on Twitter
- Sanj Srikanthan on linkedin
- Sanj Srikanthan | NATO PA
- Sanj Srikanthan | General Assembly
- Sanj Srikanthan, CEO of ShelterBox
- Q&A with Sanj Srikanthan | Chatham House
- Sanj Srikanthan leaves International Rescue Committee to join ShelterBox as CEO
This article "Sanj Srikanthan" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.