S S Mantha
S S Mantha
|Add a Photo|
Shankar Subbanarasayya Mantha
July 18, 1954
|Height||181 cm (5 ft 11 in)|
|Board member of|
Dr. S S Mantha (/nəˈdɛlə/; born 18 July 1954) an alumnus of Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda. and VJTI, Mumbai, is former Chairman, All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).. He served as President National Board of Accreditation and as Pro-Vice Chancellor, SNDT Women's University, Mumbai. He has implemented several initiatives which promoted transparency and accountability.
He is currently working as Chancellor, KL University, and Adjunct Professor, National Institute of Advanced Studies, Bengaluru He heads the National Technical Committee, National Cyber Safety, and Security Standards (NSSSC).
He has been awarded D.Sc (h.c) by Visvesvaraya Technological University, Karnataka in March 2012 and by D Y Patil International University, Maharashtra in 2014.
Mantha was born into a middle class Telugu Brahmin family, and was raised along with his three siblings in Mumbai, Maharashtra. His maternal grandmother is a Telugu & Sanskrit writer Ganti Krishnavenamma
Mantha was faculty and Professor of Robotics & Artificial Intelligence, Department of Mechanical Engineering, VJTI for over two decades, and has several contributions to his credit. He is also an Emeritus Professor, at VJTI.
He advises the Government of Maharashtra on IT initiatives including the Citizen Facilitation Centre of Kalyan Dombivli Municipal Corporation which won several awards at National and International level.
He represented several committees in Education for Government of India and contributed to Indian accreditation system to be a part of the Washington Accord. He developed the National Vocational Education Qualification Framework which was later re-christened the National Skill Qualification Framework (NSQF).
He created the regulations for the Blended Learning Paradigm in Engineering and Technology. He initiated a pilot project under Fraunhofer and Max Planck type models for productization under Make In India initiative. 
He has more than 280 publications in National and International Journals and Conferences and advises the National e-governance division (NeGD). He is a writer with more than 200 articles on education and administration which are published in several prestigious publications like The Indian Express, Mint (newspaper), Lokmat, Businessworld and Careers 360, among others
Awards and recognition
- 7th NTA ICT World Communication Award 2013 for Best E-Initiative in Education Sector.
- Lifetime achievement Award in the field of Education, SOE Global Education Awards, 2013–2014.
- SKOCH Order of Merit Award for e – Governance at AICTE, 2014, given at the 37th SKOCH awards Summit on Minimum Government and Maximum Governance.
- Object Oriented Programming in C++, by S S Mantha & GT Thampi, Dreamtech Publications
- Aerodynamics of Cars, An Experimental Investigation - A Synergy of Wind Tunnel & CFD, by S S Mantha, LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing
- Design & Development of Decelerometer, by S S Mantha, LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing
Contributions to books
- Published a chapter on “Managing Collaborations Amongst Supply Chain Partners in Quality Management Practices" in the book "Human Resource Management: Multiple Perspectives, Edited by R.P Mohanty, Publisher: Excel Books; First Edition, New Delhi, 2008
- Published a chapter on “Improving the Quality Management Practices in the Supply Chain" in the book "Quality Management Practices”, Edited by R.P Mohanty, Publisher: Excel Books; First Edition, New Delhi, 2008
- Published a chapter on “Quality improvement using Multivariate statistical process control” in the book "Quality Management Practices”, Edited by R.P Mohanty, Publisher: Excel Books; First Edition New Delhi, 2008
- “India Envelope Insulation for Energy Efficient Smart Buildings" by S.S. Mantha, Jaya Goyal, V. M. Phalle: The International Journal of Innovative Technology and Exploring Engineering,(IJITEE), September 2019
- “Stability Analysis of Various Lengths Conical Hydrodynamic Bearing for Variable Load Conditions”, International Conference on Advances in Thermal Systems, Materials and Design Engineering (ATSMDE2017), Ajay Kumar Gangrade, Vikas M. Phalle and S.S. Mantha
- “Optimized Design of Feeding System for Complex Steel (CF8) Investment Casting to Improve Quality and Productivity”, International Conference on Advances in Thermal Systems, Materials and Design Engineering (ATSMDE2017), Sangita Bansode, Vikas M. Phalle and S.S. Mantha
- “Effect of Aspect Ratio and Semi Cone Angle on the Stability Behaviour of a Conical Hydrodynamic Journal Bearing”, International Conference on Advances in Thermal Systems, Materials and Design Engineering, Ajay Kumar Gangrade, Vikas M. Phalle and S.S. Mantha
- "Strategy development using TOWS matrix for international project risk management based on prioritization of risk categories", International Journal of Managing Projects in Business, Rahul Dhandage, S S Mantha
- “Analysis of Technical and Economic Electricity Saving Potential in the Urban Indian Households has just been published in Sustainable Cities and Society”, Jaya Singh, S.S. Mantha, V. M. Phalle, The International Journal of Sustainable Cities and Society, Elsevier publication
- “Determining the degree of significance of barriers to effective risk management in international projects”, Rahul Dhandage, Dr. S S Mantha, Dr. V M Phalle, International Journal of Systems, Assurance Engineering and Management, Society for Reliability Engineering, Quality and Operations Management, Springer Publication
- “Design, modeling and simulation of a reconfigurable wheelchair with stand-sit-sleep facilities”, Sumit Desai and Dr. S S Mantha, 5th International Conference on Mechanics and Mechatronics Research (ICMMR 2018), Tokyo, Japan during July 19–21, 2018. Published in IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering and indexed by EI Compendex, Scopus, Thomson Reuters (WoS), Inspec, et al.
- “Design and development of Small Capacity Mango process plant”, Nandu Durge and Dr. S S Mantha, 104th ICMA Annual Conference, September 23–26, 2018, Baltimore, Maryland
- “Optimised design of feeding system for complex steel (CF8) investment casting to improve quality and productivity”, Sangita Bansode, Dr. S S Mantha, Dr. V M Phalle, SSRN e-Library, Elsevier Publication
- “Effect of aspect ratio and semi cone angle on the stability behavior of a conical hydrodynamic Journal bearing”, Dr. S S Mantha and Ajay K Gangrade, SSRN e-Library, International Conference on Advances in Thermal Systems, Materials & Design Engineering (ATSMDE2017), Elsevier Publication, 2018
- “Promoting quality of life of disabled people through comprehensive needs assessment study and QFD deployment targeted at evidence based wheelchair design", Sumit Desai and Dr. S S Mantha, Springer Journals, Iranian Rehabilitation Journal
- “Management of Information Security from Development Stage by applying COBIT Guidelines”, Ashish Ukidve, Ds S S Mantha, Milind Tadvalkar, Global Journal of Engineering Science and Research Management, and Thomson Reuters, 3(12): December, 2016, Global Journal of Engineering Science and Research Management
- "Orifice Compensated Performance Characteristics of Hybrid Hole-entry Conical Journal Bearing", P Khakse, Dr. S S Mantha, Dr. V M Phalle, Journal of Engineering Tribology, SAGE Journals
- “Optimization of process parameters to reduce distortion in complex investment casting using Taguchi technique”, Sangeeta Bansode, Dr. Vikas M Phalle, Dr. S S Mantha, Journal of Materials Processing Technology, Publishers: Elsevier
In the media
- "Esteemed Alumni of MS University".
- "Engineering His Dream - Mantha".
- Network, digitalLEARNING. "Prof S S Mantha Appointed as Chairman, AICTE". Retrieved 2020-01-15.
- "Autonomy for tech quality watchdog". The Telegraph. 2010-09-07. Retrieved 2020-04-05.
- "former SNDT Pro Vice Chancellor, Mantha" (PDF).
- "50 Leaders Changing Indian Education Contd". EducationWorld. 2012-06-27. Retrieved 2020-01-15.
- "KL University Management Team".
- "NIAS Mantha" (PDF).
- "Expert Feedback and Stakeholder Organizations" (PDF).
- "NATIONAL CYBER SAFETY AND SECURITY STANDARDS(NCSSS) || NATIONAL CYBER DEFENCE RESEARCH CENTRE(NCDRC) - ncdrc.res.in". ncdrc.res.in. Retrieved 2020-01-15.
- "Krishnavenamma Ganti". www.vepachedu.org. Retrieved 2020-01-15.
- "Speakers | e-Governance Portal". nceg.gov.in. Retrieved 2020-04-28.
- "Official Website Of Kalyan Dombivali Municipal Corporation". www.kdmc.gov.in. Retrieved 2020-04-28.
- PTI (2010-05-20). "India hopeful of joining Washington Accord by 2011". Livemint. Retrieved 2020-01-15.
- "New scheme offers flexi entry & exit points in vocational courses". Sify. Retrieved 2020-01-15.
- "Twinning Programs Approval - AICTE" (PDF).
- "Reference: Blended Learning in Indian Colleges with Massively Empowered Classroom" (PDF).
- "List of empanelled experts with NeGD" (PDF).
- "A higher abdication". The Indian Express. 2018-07-21. Retrieved 2020-01-15.
- "The burden of perfect 10". The Indian Express. 2019-07-15. Retrieved 2020-01-15.
- Nanda, Prashant K. (2015-01-12). "AICTE should move from being regulator to facilitator: SS Mantha". Livemint. Retrieved 2020-01-15.
- Mantha, S. S. (2019-02-06). "Procrastination of new education policy kills reform's intent". Livemint. Retrieved 2020-01-15.
- "Dr SS Mantha (डॉ एसएस मंठा): Latest News (ताज़ा ख़बर), Breaking News (ब्रेकिंग न्यूज़) in Hindi and Bloat News Hindi (लोकमत न्यूज हिन्दी)". www.lokmatnews.in (in हिन्दी). Retrieved 2020-01-15.
- Mantha, Dr S. S. "Skills Conundrum Or Skills Denouement". BW Businessworld. Retrieved 2020-01-15.
- Mantha, Dr S. S. ""Make In India" - A Creative Mentation". BW Businessworld. Retrieved 2020-01-15.
- https://www.careers360.com (2013-07-29). "AICTE Chairman Dr SS Mantha on education regulations". www.careers360.com. Retrieved 2020-01-15.
- https://www.careers360.com (2013-11-08). "No regulator required if you follow self-regulatory mechanism". bschool.careers360.com. Retrieved 2020-01-15.
- Pathak, Kalpana (2012-04-13). "AICTE needs to be looked at positively: S S Mantha". Business Standard India. Retrieved 2020-01-15.
- Umarji, Vinay (2014-04-23). "Edupreneurs may heave a sigh of relief". Business Standard India. Retrieved 2020-01-15.
- Mantha, S. S. (2014-09-12). "Follow your dreams, go digital". www.millenniumpost.in. Retrieved 2020-01-15.
- "'No Substitute For Hands-On Skills' | Outlook India Magazine". Retrieved 2020-01-15.
- www.ETGovernment.com. "S S Mantha: Brake on bullet train project worrisome, regressive - OPINION by S S Mantha | ET Government". ETGovernment.com. Retrieved 2020-04-28.
- "Reaching for the stars as India's space technology advances". The National. Retrieved 2020-01-15.
- "GUJARAT TECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSITY - AWARDS" (PDF).
- "Winners of 2014". Retrieved 2020-05-17.
- "AICTE Quarterly Bulletin" (PDF). AICTE. 2014-06-13.
- Thampi, Dr S. S. Mantha Dr G. T. (2009-08-22). Object Oriented Programming in C++. Dreamtech Press.
- Mantha, S S (December 2011). Aerodynamics of Cars. ISBN 978-3847324447.
- "9783659211775: Design and Development of Decelerometer: Brake Testing - AbeBooks - Yadav, Sanjay Dayanu; Mantha, S. S.: 365921177X". www.abebooks.com. Retrieved 2020-04-28.
- Mohanty, RP (2008). Human Resource Management: Multiple Perspectives. New Delhi: Excel Books. pp. 213–225. ISBN 9788174466327.
- Mohanty, RP (2008). Quality Management Practices. New Delhi: Excel Books. pp. 357–366. ISBN 9788174465825.
- Mohanty, RP (2008). Quality Management Practices. New Delhi: Excel Books. pp. 367–376. ISBN 9788174465825.
- Mantha, S S. "India Envelope Insulation for Energy Efficient Smart Buildings" (PDF). The International Journal of Innovative Technology and Exploring Engineering,(IJITEE). 8.
- Dandage, Dr-Rahul; Mantha, S.; Rane, Santosh (2019-03-22). "Strategy development using TOWS matrix for international project risk management based on prioritization of risk categories". International Journal of Managing Projects in Business. 12 (4): 1003–1029. doi:10.1108/IJMPB-07-2018-0128.
- Singh, Jaya; Mantha, S.; Phalle, Vikas (2018-09-01). "Analysis of Technical and Economic Electricity Saving Potential in the Urban Indian Households". Sustainable Cities and Society. 43: 432–442. doi:10.1016/j.scs.2018.09.006.
- Dandage, Rahul V.; Mantha, Shankar S.; Rane, Santosh B.; Bhoola, Vanita (2018-03-01). "Analysis of interactions among barriers in project risk management". Journal of Industrial Engineering International. 14 (1): 153–169. Bibcode:2018JIEI...14..153D. doi:10.1007/s40092-017-0215-9. ISSN 2251-712X.
- Desai, Sumit; Mantha, Shankar; Phalle, Vikas; Patil, Sangram (2018-10-19). "Design, Modeling and Simulation of a Reconfigurable Wheelchair with Stand-sit-sleep Facilities". IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering. 417 (1): 012042. Bibcode:2018MS&E..417a2042D. doi:10.1088/1757-899x/417/1/012042. ISSN 1757-899X.
- Durge, Nandu; Mantha, Shankar; Phalle, Vikas (2019-01-01), "Design and Development of Small-Capacity Mango Process Plant: ICIMA 2018", Lecture Notes in Mechanical Engineering, pp. 205–219, ISBN 978-981-13-2489-5, retrieved 2020-04-28
- Gangrade, Ajay Kumar; Phalle, Vikas M.; Mantha, S. S. (2017-12-21). "Effect of Aspect Ratio and Semi Cone Angle on the Stability Behaviour of a Conical Hydrodynamic Journal Bearing". Iranian Rehabilitation Journal. Rochester, NY. pp. 377–388. doi:10.29252/nrip.irj.15.4.377. SSRN 3101365.
- Desai, Sumit; Mantha, S.; Phalle, Vikas (2017-11-01). "Comprehensive Needs Assessment Study and Deployment of QFD Targeted at New Wheelchair Design". Iranian Rehabilitation Journal. 15 (4): 377–388. doi:10.29252/nrip.irj.15.4.377.
- "LAS VEGAS SANDS CORP., a Nevada corporation, Plaintiff, v. UKNOWN REGISTRANTS OF www.wn0000.com, www.wn1111.com, www.wn2222.com, www.wn3333.com, www.wn4444.com, www.wn5555.com, www.wn6666.com, www.wn7777.com, www.wn8888.com, www.wn9999.com, www.112211.com, www.4456888.com, www.4489888.com, www.001148.com, and www.2289888.com, Defendants". Gaming Law Review and Economics. 20 (10): 859–868. December 2016. doi:10.1089/glre.2016.201011. ISSN 1097-5349.
- Khakse, Prashant G; Phalle, Vikas M; Mantha, SS (2017-03-01). "Orifice compensated performance characteristics of hybrid hole-entry conical journal bearing". Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part J: Journal of Engineering Tribology. 231 (3): 316–331. doi:10.1177/1350650116654803. ISSN 1350-6501.
- Bansode, Sangita N; Phalle, Vikas M; Mantha, Shankar S (2019-04-01). "Optimization of process parameters to improve dimensional accuracy of investment casting using Taguchi approach". Advances in Mechanical Engineering. 11 (4): 1687814019841460. doi:10.1177/1687814019841460. ISSN 1687-8140.
- S S Mantha on linkedin
- SS Mantha - NIAS
- Dr. SS Mantha, an eminent academician and an able ... - aicte
- Dr. S.S. Mantha - BW Businessworld
- Dr. S.S. Mantha - BW Education
- S S Mantha | The Indian Express
- OPINION by S S Mantha | ET Government
- DR SS Mantha, Chancellor, KL University: The world is united on web
- Prof SS Mantha – eHealth Magazine
- S S Mantha on twitter
- S S Mantha | Daily News & Analysis - DNA India
- Dr SS Mantha, Editor, Millennium Post