|Add a Photo|
|Occupation||Associate professor of mathematics at the University of Texas, Austin|
Dr. Ronny Hadani is an Israeli associate professor of mathematics at the University of Texas, Austin. He works in representation theory and harmonic analysis, with applications to signal processing. In 2009, Hadani patent the fundamental ideas and commercial benefits of the Orthogonal Time Frequency Space (OTFS) wireless modulation scheme. His works on the OTFS ranges from theoretical diversity analysis and performance bounds to algorithms for optimal receivers and channel estimation with applications to millimeter-wave communication, Massive MIMO, communication under high doppler spread, passive radar, and NOMA schemes. 
Early life and education
Hadani received his MSc degree in Computer Science from the Weizmann Institute of Science in 1999 under the supervision of David Harel. He pursued his Ph.D. degree in Pure Mathematics from Tel-Aviv University in 2006 under the supervision of Joseph Bernstein.
From 2006 to 2009, Hadani held an L.E. Dickson Postdoctoral Fellowship of mathematics at the University of Chicago. Since 2009, he is an associate professor of mathematics at the University of Texas, Austin.
In 2010, Hadani co-founded Cohere Technologies with Shlomo Rakib, a startup entrepreneur. The company is a Silicon Valley wireless startup that focuses on wireless improvements using OTFS and the Delay-Doppler model to improve FDD/TDD spectrum performance with channel detection, estimation, prediction, and precoding software for 4G and 5G networks, compliant with 3GPP standards and O-RAN. 
Papers in journals
- The Categorical Weil Representation. J. Symplectic Geometry
- Delay-Doppler Channel Estimation in Almost Linear Complexity
- The Weil representation in characteristic two
Chapters in books
- Notes on the Self-reducibility of the Weil Representation and Quantum Chaos. In: Ceyhan Zg. R., Manin Y. I., Marcolli M. eds., Arithmetic and Geometry Around Quantization. Basel Birkhauser, pp. 201-232.
- Notes on Canonical Quantization of Symplectic Vector Spaces over Finite Fields. In: Ceyhan Zg. R., Manin Y. I., Marcolli M. eds., Arithmetic and Geometry Around Quantization. Basel Birkhauser, pp. 233-252.
- IEEE International Conference on Communications 20-24 May 2019, Shanghai, China. Tutorial. Wireless Communications in High-Mobility.
- IEEE 88th Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC2018), 27–30 August 2018, Tutorial 14:00-15:00. Channels and Modulation Methods for Wireless Communications in High-Mobility Environments.
- 5G & Beyond. UC San Diego, Jacobs School of Engineering, May 2018. OTFS -A New Modulation Technique Addressing the Challenges of 5G
- NYU, Tandon School of Engineering, Nov 2017. OTFS - next-generation modulation scheme addressing the challenges of 5G.
- Technion, Communication and Information Theory Seminar, Department of Electrical Engineering, Nov 2017. OTFS – next-generation modulation scheme addressing the challenges of 5G.
- Mobile World Congress America (MWC-A), San Francisco, 2017, OTFS - Next Generation Modulation addressing the challenges of 5G.
- Stanford, 2016, ISL colloquium, Representation Theoretic Patterns in Cryo-Electron Microscopy.
- Ohio State University, 2014, MBI Workshop 4, Analysis and Visualization of Large Collections of Imaging Data.
- Washington University, 2013, Plenary Lecture at AMS Meeting.
- Bar-Ilan University, 2011, The Thirteenth Israeli Mini-Workshop in Applied and Computational Mathematics.
In the media
- "The 88th IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference" (PDF). IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference.
- "Seminars: Fall 2017 | NYU Tandon School of Engineering". engineering.nyu.edu. Retrieved 2020-07-29.
- "Alumni". The Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science. Retrieved 2020-07-29.
- "IEEE International Conference on Communications". IEEE International Conference on Communications.
- Gurevich, Shamgar; Hadani, Ronny (2011-08-01). "The categorical Weil representation". arXiv:1108.0351 [math].
- Fish, Alexander; Gurevich, Shamgar; Hadani, Ronny; Sayeed, Akbar M.; Schwartz, Oded (November 2013). "Delay-Doppler Channel Estimation in Almost Linear Complexity". IEEE Transactions on Information Theory. 59 (11): 7632–7644. doi:10.1109/TIT.2013.2273931. ISSN 1557-9654.
- Gurevich, Shamgar; Hadani, Ronny (2008-08-12). "The Weil Representation in Characteristic Two". arXiv:0808.1664 [math-ph, physics:quant-ph].
- Gurevich, Shamgar; Hadani, Ronny (2010), Ceyhan, Özgür; Manin, Yu. I.; Marcolli, Matilde (eds.), "Notes on the Self-Reducibility of the Weil Representation and Higher-Dimensional Quantum Chaos", Arithmetic and Geometry Around Quantization, Progress in Mathematics, Boston, MA: Birkhäuser, pp. 201–232, doi:10.1007/978-0-8176-4831-2_7, ISBN 978-0-8176-4831-2, retrieved 2020-07-29
- Gurevich, Shamgar; Hadani, Ronny (2010), Ceyhan, Özgür; Manin, Yu. I.; Marcolli, Matilde (eds.), "Notes on Canonical Quantization of Symplectic Vector Spaces over Finite Fields", Arithmetic and Geometry Around Quantization, Progress in Mathematics, Boston, MA: Birkhäuser, pp. 233–251, doi:10.1007/978-0-8176-4831-2_8, ISBN 978-0-8176-4831-2, retrieved 2020-07-29
- Homepage of Ronny Hadani (רוני הדני). I am an associate professor in the Mathematics Department of the University of Texas at Austin
- HADANI, RONNY - Mathematics - CNS Directory
- Ronny Hadani on linkedin
- Ronny Hadani - Chief Scientific Officer @ Cohere
- R. Hadani - IEEE Xplore Author Details
- Ronny Hadani's lab | University of Texas at Austin (UT)
- Ronny Hadani Inventions, Patents and Patent Applications
- Ronny Hadani at University of Texas at Austin
This article "Ronny Hadani" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.