|Add a Photo|
|Born||March 10, 1957|
Philosophy and latin american literature
Rolando Pérez is a contributor to Latin American Studies encyclopedias and anthologies (including the Oxford Handbooks) to which contributed sections, such as "The Bilingualisms of Latino/a Literatures" and Spanish-English Code-switching in Nuyorican and Caribbean literature. Pérez's research pairs philosophers and writers on subjects or concepts in common, such as humor and cruelty in Friedrich Nietzsche and Miguel de Cervantes, Gilles Deleuze and César Vallejo on an ars poetica of nonsense, and Alain Badiou and César Vallejo on fidelity vs. revolution. He publishes on the intersections of Latinx literature and philosophy, including essays on Bartolomé de las Casas, José Martí, Enrique Dussel, Gloria E. Anzaldúa, Giannina Braschi, Gustavo Pérez Firmat, and Severo Sarduy. He is collaborator with scholars in distinct research fields, including Ilan Stavans (Spanglish), Linda Martín Alcoff (Feminist philosophy), Nuria Morgado (Spanish Golden Age), and Gail Levin (art historian). His creative writing in Spanish and English consists of theater and prose poetry, including "Tea Ceremonies in Winter" and "The Lining of Our Souls: Excursion into Selected Paintings by Edward Hopper". His stories have been anthologized in the Norton Anthology edited by Ilan Stavans and in The Hispanic Literary Companion edited by Nicolás Kanellos.
- "The Lining of Our Souls: Excursion into Selected Paintings by Edward Hopper". (2008) ISBN-13: 978-1887276283
- "Severo Sarduy and the Neobaroque Image of Thought in the Visual Arts". Purdue University Press (2012) ISBN 10:1612491480/9781612491486
- "On An(archy) and Schizoanalysis". Social Movements: Transformative Shifts and Turning Points edited by Ravi Kumar Savyasaachi. Semiotext(e) (1990)
- "Tea Ceremonies in Winter" (2018) ISBN-13: 978-1887276894
- "Academia.edu: Faculty Rolando Perez". Hunter College Faculty (hunter-cuny.academia.edu). Archived from the original on 2020-04-25. Retrieved 2020-04-25.
- "Los Angeles Review of Books: Contributors". Los Angeles Review of Books. Archived from the original on 2020-04-25. Retrieved 2020-04-25.
- "Coolgrove: Poetry Novel Theater Authors". Cool Grove Publishers, Brooklyn. 7 January 2010. Archived from the original on 7 January 2010. Retrieved 2020-04-25.
- Stavans, Ilan, Ed. (2020). The Oxford Handbook of Latino Studies. Oxford University Press. ISBN 9780190691202.
- Tamargo, Rosa E. Guzzardo; Mazak, Catherine M.; Couto, M. Carmen Parafita (2016-09-07). Spanish-English Codeswitching in the Caribbean and the US. John Benjamins Publishing Company. ISBN 978-90-272-6667-5.
- Aldama, Frederick Luis (20 April 2020). "Poets, Philosophers, Lovers: On the Writings of Giannina Braschi". University of Pittsburgh Press. Retrieved 2020-04-25.
- Pérez, Rolando (2012). Severo Sarduy and the Neo-Baroque Image of Thought in the Visual Arts. Purdue University Press. ISBN 978-1-55753-604-4.
- Lander, María Fernanda (20 April 2020). ""La expresión del miedo en Fiesta en la madriguera de Juan Pablo Villalobos."". Hispania. 103.1: 43–55 – via Project Muse.
- Levine. "The Phillips Collection Library: "The lining of our souls : excursions into selected paintings of Edward Hopper / Rolando Perez ; foreword, Gail Levin."". The Phillips Collection, Washington DC.
- "Coolgrove Books Home". www.coolgrove.com. Retrieved 2020-04-24.
- "Purdue University Press Contributors (On the author of "Severo Sarduy and the Neo-Baroque Image of Thought in the Visual Arts: Perez")". www.thepress.purdue.edu. 4 January 2015. Retrieved 4 January 2015.
- Kanellos, Nicolas (1997). The Hispanic Literary Companion. Michigan: Visibile Ink. ISBN 0787610143.
- Perez, Rolando (1995). The lining of our souls : based on selected paintings by Edward Hopper. New York: Stranger Books. ISBN 978-0-9646208-1-0.
- Perez, Rolando (2012). Severo Sarduy and the neo-baroque image of thought in the visual arts. West Lafayette, Ind: Purdue University Press. ISBN 978-1-55753-604-4.
- Rolando Perez | Hunter College - Academia.edu
- Rolando Pérez, Professor, PhD, The Graduate Center
- Rolando PEREZ | Doctor of Philosophy | City University
- Rolando Pérez - Poetry / Literature & Fiction: Books - Amazon.in
- Rolando Pérez - Los Angeles Review of Books
- Rolando Pérez - Keywords: NYU Press
- Rolando Pérez, Professor, PhD, The Graduate ... - FDOCUMENTS
This article "Rolando Pérez" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.