Reshma Kewalramani, M.D. is the president and chief executive officer of Vertex Pharmaceuticals, a biotechnology company based in Boston, Massachusetts, as of April 1, 2020. She is the first female CEO of a large US biotech company.
She graduated in 1998 from the seven-year liberal arts/medical education program at Boston University, Phi Beta Kappa, Summa Cum Laude. After finishing her fellowship in clinical nephrology she did research in transplantation.
Kewalramani began her career as a physician at Massachusetts General Hospital and Brigham and Women’s Hospital. She was also a physician at the Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. She then entered the biopharma sector, working for Amgen for over 12 years, where she held leadership positions in research and development. In 2017 she joined Vertex Pharmaceuticals. She assumed the role of president and CEO on April 1, 2020 and is a member of the Vertex Board of Directors.
Boards and awards
She is the recipient of the American College of Physicians Associates Council Award, the American Medical Women's Association Janet M. Glasgow Memorial Achievement Citation, and the Harvard Medical School Excellence in Teaching Award. Kewalramani is also a Fellow of the American Society of Nephrology and received board certification in Internal Medicine in 2001 and in Nephrology in 2003. she is a member of the board of directors of the Biomedical Science Careers Program, RIZE Massachusetts and sits on the Boston University School of Medicine Dean's Advisory Committee. In 2019, she received the TiE Boston Healthcare Leadership Award, and was named one of Boston Business Journal's Power 50.
Kewalramani lives in Massachusetts, and has twin sons.
In the media
- Toy, Sarah. "Vertex Pharmaceuticals names Chief Medical Officer Reshma Kewalramani as new CEO". MarketWatch. Retrieved 2020-03-15.
- "For biotech industry, a milestone: Vertex names woman as president, CEO - The Boston Globe". BostonGlobe.com. Retrieved 2020-03-15.
- DeAngelis, Allison (2 April 2020). "VERTEX 3.0: One of the area's largest biotechs enters new era of leadership, drug development". BizJournals. Retrieved 5 April 2020.
- "Alumni Profile: Reshma Kewalramani, MD". Boston University Medicine. Winter 2020: 33–34.
- "Boston University Medicine – Winter 2020". Issuu. January 2020. p. 33. Retrieved 2020-03-16.
- "American Society of Nephrology | About ASN - Reshma Kewalramani, MD, FASN". www.asn-online.org. Retrieved 2020-03-15.
- Engl, India New; News (2019-07-25). "Vertex Pharmaceuticals Appoints Dr. Reshma Kewalramani as New CEO". INDIA New England News. Retrieved 2020-03-15.
- "Leadership". BSCP. 2015. Retrieved 5 April 2020.
- "RIZE Massachusetts Foundation Strategic Framework 2018-2021" (PDF). 2018. Retrieved 5 April 2020.
- "BUSM Dean's Advisory Board". Retrieved 5 April 2020.
- Reporter, India-West Staff. "TiE Boston Recognizes Entrepreneurs at 2019 Gala: Lifetime Achievement Award for Indian American edX CEO Anant Agarwal". India West. Retrieved 2020-04-05.
- "Meet BBJ's Power 50: The region's most influential leaders". www.bizjournals.com. 26 September 2019. Retrieved 2020-04-05.
- "For biotech industry, a milestone: Vertex names woman as president, CEO - The Boston Globe". BostonGlobe.com. Retrieved 2020-04-05.
- Reshma Kewalramani, M.D. | Vertex Pharmaceuticals
- Reshma Kewalramani on linkedin
- Reshma Kewalramani Net Worth (2020) | wallmine IN
- Reshma Kewalramani, MD, FASN - American Society
- Reshma Kewalramani - Biography - MarketScreener
This article "Reshma Kewalramani" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.