Relax Melodies (app)
|Headquarters||Montreal, Quebec, Canada|
|Products||App and Website|
Number of employees
Relax Melodies is a sleep and relaxation app available on iOS, Android, and web browsers. The app allows users fall asleep by helping them combine soothing sounds, sleep meditations, bedtime stories, and breathing techniques. Their entire library of content is available through a freemium subscription service model.
Relax Melodies was created by two longtime friends, Simon Alex Bérubé and Philippe Lapierre. In 2006, Lapierre developed tinnitus causing him insomnia problems.
To mask the constant ringing noise of tinnitus, he tried various apps, but was dissatisfied with the limited choices and features. For that reason, the two software engineers decided to develop a “digital antidote” to tinnitus and sleep problems. After a few months of brainstorming they developed a sound-mixing app concept and in 2009 Relax Melodies became available on the app store.
Since 2009, Relax Melodies has been downloaded over 50 million times across all platforms and has logged over 2.5 billion individual sessions. Users have the ability to pick and choose which content they would like to layer and mix to create their own bedtime experience.
Users have access to a catalogue of over 100 loops that include sounds from nature, sources of water, and the city.
In June 2019, ASMR was added to the apps catalogue.
There are over 20 bedtime stories that include genres such as fairy tales, mystery, fantasy, and non-fiction.
The app also includes meditations topics such as stress, pain relief, relaxation, tinnitus, and gratitude.
Relax Melodies has been named the most positively reviewed app of all time on the App Store by Business Insider. The app was featured on US and Canadian television, appearing on The Today Show and the Dragon’s Den. The New York Times also named it as one of the best apps to help you fall asleep when you are traveling. Relax Melodies was also mentioned as one of the best apps to help people with insomnia by Bustle.
Healthline — The Best Insomnia Apps of 2019
2018 MUX Awards — Best Health & Lifestyle App
In the media
- "Relax Melodies: Sleep Sounds". App Store. Retrieved 2020-04-17.
- "Relax Melodies: Sleep Sounds – Apps on Google Play". play.google.com. Retrieved 2020-04-17.
- Finance, Personal; Taxes (2020-03-10). "This meditation app will help you get your seven hours of sleep | Financial Post". Retrieved 2020-04-17.
- "Here are four Canadian-made apps taking the iOS App Store by storm". MobileSyrup. 2019-05-22. Retrieved 2020-04-17.
- "Sleep-music app Relax Melodies has been downloaded 50m times". Retrieved 2020-01-10.
- Favilla, Kat Angus, Emmy. "21 Products Our Readers Swear By For Getting More Sleep". BuzzFeed. Retrieved 2020-01-10.
- "9 White Noise Apps To Try Out If Your Brain Won't Let You Sleep". Bustle. Retrieved 2020-04-14.
- "Fitness, Sleep and Everything In-Between: 8 Must-Have Apps You Can Download For Free". www.everythingzoomer.com. Retrieved 2020-01-10.
- Greensmyth, Ashley (2019-11-20). "Mental Health Apps That Are Therapist Approved". Parallel Wellness. Retrieved 2020-01-10.
- Finance, Personal; Taxes (2020-03-19). "6 tools to help you be more productive working from home | Financial Post". Retrieved 2020-04-14.
- Boran, Marie. "Improve your sleep routine with Relax Melodies app". The Irish Times. Retrieved 2020-01-10.
- Akundi, Sweta (2019-11-18). "Does ASMR work against anxiety and insomnia?". The Hindu. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 2020-01-10.
- "An Incredibly Simple Guide to Staying Healthy This Holiday Season". FASHION Magazine. 2019-12-23. Retrieved 2020-01-10.
- "The 10 best sleep apps". Medical News Today. Retrieved 2020-01-10.
- Leswing, Kif. "These are the most positively reviewed apps in the history of the Apple App Store — and the top result may surprise you". Business Insider. Retrieved 2020-01-10.
- "Headspace, Happify and other meditation apps to get you centered". TODAY.com. Retrieved 2020-01-10.
- Rosenbloom, Stephanie (2018-03-30). "Tools for Sleeping Well While Traveling". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2020-01-10.
- "Science Says These 8 Apps Can Help With Insomnia". Bustle. Retrieved 2020-01-10.
- "Best Insomnia Apps of 2019". Healthline. Retrieved 2020-01-10.
- "MUX Awards 2019". muxawards.com. Retrieved 2020-01-10.
- Relax Melodies facebook page
- Relax Melodies twitter page
- Relax Melodies instagram page
- Relax Melodies linkin bio
- Relax Melodies: Sleep Sounds to Calm & Meditate – Apps on google
- Relax Melodies: Sleep Sounds on the App Store
- Relax Melodies | ReachOut Australia
- Get Relax Melodies - Microsoft Store en-IN
This article "Relax Melodies (app)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.