|Education||MBA - Ivey Business School at Western University|
|Years active||2012 - present|
Raymond Zar is a Canadian businessman, investor, and real estate developer. Zar is recognized as a leading corporate director and serves on the Boards of several private companies and non-profit organizations. Zar is a senior adviser to the UHNW and is frequently consulted by family offices across Canada. He is also a Forbes Council Member and a contributing writer at Medium.
Zar presently serves as the CEO of Roehampton Capital, a private equity firm headquartered in Toronto, Canada. He is the recipient of the PROFIT500 award by the Canadian Business Magazine. Zar has been featured for his contributions in several media outlets, including Forbes, Canadian Business, and Medium.
Early life and education
Zar pursued a Master’s Degree in Business Administration from the Ivey Business School at Western University.
Zar’s executive career began in 2012 when he joined M Corp, a consumer services and real estate development firm based in California and Ontario, as the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). He worked for two years at this company, during which M Corp was ranked as one of the fastest-growing firms in Canada by the Canadian Business Magazine.
In 2014, Zar joined Skyline Investments, a major owner and operator of commercial and hospitality real estate assets in 18 North American cities. Zar served as the Chief Operating Officer (COO) of this billion-dollar publicly-traded company for three years until his exit in 2017. Under the leadership of Zar, Skyline’s stock price doubled in value, and the company won the Deloitte Best Managed Companies award.
In 2017, Zar became the Chief Investment Officer (CIO) of SHG Capital, one of Canada’s largest privately-owned hospitality and real estate development firms. He worked for a year with this firm and left in 2018 to join Roehampton Capital.
In 2018, Zar joined Roehampton Capital as the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). Roehampton Capital is a private equity firm specializing in commercial, residential, and hospitality real estate across Canada.
Zar is a contributing writer and council member of Forbes. He also frequently contributes his expert opinions on several subjects such as politics, history, and economics on Medium.
Zar is the recipient of the PROFIT500 award by Canadian Business Magazine.
- ↑ "Skyline International announces $10 million investment in Deerhurst Resort". Retrieved 24 December 2020.
- ↑ "Skyline International announces (CAD) $10m. investment in iconic Deerhurst Resort". TravelDailyNews International. Retrieved 24 December 2020.
- ↑ "Deerhurst to receive $10 million in upgrades". MuskokaRegion.com. Retrieved 24 December 2020.
- ↑ "Raymond Zar". Forbes Councils. Retrieved 24 December 2020.
- ↑ "About – Raymond Zar". Medium. Retrieved 24 December 2020.
- ↑ "Raymond Zar". Roehampton Capital. Retrieved 24 December 2020.
- ↑ "Raymond Zar - Crunchbase Person Profile". Crunchbase. Retrieved 24 December 2020.
- ↑ "Meet Toronto's Fastest-Growing Companies - Canadian Business". www.canadianbusiness.com. Retrieved 24 December 2020.
- ↑ "Skyline International brings Muskoka to downtown Toronto". www.newinhomes.com. Retrieved 24 December 2020.
- ↑ "Raymond Zar, Former Senior Vice President, Hospitality & Vacation Club at Skyline Investments, Inc. - Relationship Science". relationshipscience.com. Retrieved 24 December 2020.