|Add a Photo|
|Born||May 13, 1963|
|Alma mater||Cairo University|
|Occupation||Television News Anchor, Presenter and Talk Show interviewer|
Rasha Magdy is an Egyptian Television News Anchor, Presenter and Talk Show interviewer
Rasha was borne in Kuwait for Egyptian Parents, joined the Kuwaiti Schools, then joined the University and graduated in Mass Media.
After graduation, Rasha joined the Kuwaiti National Television and worked as a TV news Anchor,
By the Invasion of Kuwait, Rasha as well as her Family left Kuwait and went back to Egypt, where Rasha started her work at Egypt State Television ERTU ( Egyptian Radio and Television Union ) and worked as TV News Anchor and Presenter at one of the most popular Talk show programme called "Good Morning Egypt"
Rasha made big progress in Egypt State Television and managed to be "General Manager", During the Egyptian revolution of 2011, Rasha presented that " Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak left the rule" and she teared out of control, that made her confront big criticism, but justified that the tears were for feeling sorry for Egypt not mubarak in person.
later, some news on the internet claimed that Rasha is one of Mubarak's relatives, ( Heddy Rassekh's sister ) Alaa Mubarak's wife's Sister, then Rasha herself said that she has only one brother and her real name is Rasha Magdy Abdo Awad, while Heddy's name Heddy Magdy Mohamed Hussein Rassekh, That Obviously shows there is no relations at all.
While the protests of the Egyptian Christians at Maspero (National State TV building) better known as Maspero demonstrations, Rasha announced that the Egyptian Army being killed by the protesters in front of Maspero Building, Rasha went to investigations and was being stopped from working.
Rasha made a phone call on Air with Mona el-Shazly saying that she said nothing but what was written in the monitor and she has right to change or announce something else except what is ready to read to the audience,
Rasha left Egypt State Television after working there for more that 25 years joining a private Channel called Sada el Balad
Rasha's Death Rumour
Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic and Ramadan Holy Month, Rasha Magdy's program was held. In that time, one of Maspero's workers called Rasha Helmy passed away, Rumours promoters made advantage of Helmy's death by relating it to Magdy's.
- "رشا مجدي - ﺃﺩﻭاﺭ ﻣﺘﻌﺪﺩﺓ فيلموجرافيا، صور، فيديو". web.archive.org. 2020-08-18. Retrieved 2020-11-04.
- "TV presenter, again, makes 'inappropriate remark' against Copts".
- "Egyptian TV host suspended over comments on N. Sinai mosque attack". Egypt Independent. 2017-11-26. Retrieved 2020-11-04.
- vision-top. "Investigation of an Egyptian broadcaster due to the bombing of Al Rawda Mosque - Vision Egypt News". www.visi-on.top. Retrieved 2020-11-04.
- admin (2020-05-12). "Rasha Helmy dies in the Egyptian TV news sector affected by Corona virus – Sada El-Bald". Eg24 News. Retrieved 2020-11-04.