|Industry||Producers of Cannabis|
Pure Sunfarms is one of Canada’s largest licensed producers of cannabis. The company was established in 2017 as a joint venture between Village Farms International, Inc. and Emerald Health Therapeutics Inc. Since November 2020, Pure Sunfarms is a wholly owned subsidiary of Village Farms International, Inc.
Pure Sunfarms cultivates in Delta 3 greenhouse, a 1.1 million square foot high-tech greenhouse located in East Ladner, British Columbia, that produces 75,000 kilograms of dried cannabis annually. The company is converting a second 1.1 million square foot greenhouse for cannabis production, which is expected to double annual output capacity to 150,000 kilograms.
In March 2020, Pure Sunfarms received Health Canada approval to operate a 65,000 square foot state-of-the-art processing center located within the 1.1 million square foot Delta 3 greenhouse facility. The expanded processing center has been designed to satisfy full European Union GMP compliance and certification requirements.
Pure Sunfarms product portfolio consists of dried cannabis flower, pre-rolls, cannabis seeds, oils, vape cartridges, and cannabis-infused gummies. The company received amended licensing from Health Canada in September 2020, which permits in-house extraction operations and the sale of cannabis oils and derivative products directly to provincial/territorial boards and authorized retailers.
Supply agreements include the Ontario Cannabis Retail Corporation (OCRC) (operating as the Ontario Cannabis Store [OCS]), the BC Liquor Distribution Branch (BCLDB), Alberta Gaming, Liquor and Cannabis Commission (AGLC), the Saskatchewan Liquor and Gaming Authority (SLGA), and the Manitoba Liquor and Lotteries Corporation.
- "Pure Sunfarms Takes No. 1 Spot in Canada's Largest Cannabis Market Just Two Months After Launch". The Canadian Business Journal. 2019-11-14. Retrieved 2021-01-29.
- "Village Farms International Completes Acquisition of Pure Sunfarms' Shares to Own 100% of Canada's Premier Cannabis Supplier - Transaction Marks Significant Milestone in Village Farms Transformation to a Plant-Based CPG Company". Retrieved 2021-01-29.
- "Pure Sunfarms Expands Cannabis 2.0 Offering with the Launch of a High THC Vape, Delivering a Spotlight on THC – Pure Sunfarms". puresunfarms.com. Retrieved 2021-02-02.
- "Village Farms International's Cannabis JV Pure Sunfarms Receives Health Canada Approval for State-of-the-Art Processing Center / Pure Sunfarms Remains Top-Selling Dried Cannabis Brand with OCS and Launches New Large Format Package". Retrieved 2021-01-29.
- "Pure Sunfarms Launches Real Fruit Gummies, Inspired by B.C. Fruits – Pure Sunfarms". puresunfarms.com. Retrieved 2021-02-05.
- "Pure Sunfarms Begins Shipping Cannabis 2.0 Products – Pure Sunfarms". puresunfarms.com. Retrieved 2021-01-29.
- "Village Farms International Announces Pure Sunfarms' Receipt of Health Canada Approval Enabling It to Commence Cannabis Extraction Operations". Retrieved 2021-01-29.
- "Pure Sunfarms Expands Cannabis 2.0 Offering with the Launch of a High THC Vape, Delivering a Spotlight on THC – Pure Sunfarms". puresunfarms.com. Retrieved 2021-01-29.
This article "Pure Sunfarms" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.