|Privately held company|
Mooresville, North Carolina
Number of employees
Powerhome Solar is an energy efficiency company and one of the nation's largest providers of solar energy for residential customers in 10 states. The company launched in 2014 in Mooresville, North Carolina, and also has a commercial division based in Troy, Michigan.
The company reported 750 employees at the end of 2019, and has been ranked on Inc. Magazine's list of the 5000 fastest-growing private companies in the nation in 2017 (#87)., 2019 (#100), and 2020 (#255).
As of October 2020, Powerhome Solar has offices in 10 states. After first launching in North Carolina, the company expanded to South Carolina in 2016, Michigan and Virginia in 2017, Ohio and Pennsylvania in 2018, Illinois, Indiana and Missouri in 2019 and Tennessee in 2020.
Notable Solar Installations
Powerhome Solar has established partnerships with six professional sports franchises, and one college entity, to install solar panels on these organizations’ respective facilities which include multi-use stadiums, practice facilities and team headquarters. Partnerships include the Carolina Panthers at Bank of America Stadium, Cleveland Browns at FirstEnergy Stadium, Cleveland Indians at Progressive Field, Detroit Lions at Ford Field and at the team's training facility in Allen Park, Michigan, Indianapolis Colts at the Indiana Farm Bureau Football Center, NC State Wolfpack football at Carter–Finley Stadium, and the Pittsburgh Steelers at Heinz Field.
In the media
- Dunn, Andrew (16 August 2018). "52 Charlotte companies made this year's Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing businesses". Charlotte Agenda. Retrieved 9 October 2020.
- Martin, Jenna (15 August 2019). "RANKED: The Charlotte area's 10 fastest-growing companies, per new Inc. 5000 list". Charlotte Business Journal. Retrieved 9 October 2020.
- Martin, Jenna (13 August 2020). "Dozens of Charlotte-area companies rank among fastest growing on new Inc. 5000 list". Charlotte Business Journal. Retrieved 9 October 2020.
- Hanson, Mike (March 7, 2019). "Carolina Panthers install solar panels at Bank of America Stadium". wcnc.com.
- Ragatz, Will (November 9, 2018). "Weird Browns Commercial: Breaking down the best parts - Sports Illustrated". Sports Illustrated.
- Shingler, Dan (June 21, 2020). "Powerhome Solar finds spark to grow between Akron and Cleveland". Crain's Cleveland Business. Retrieved October 23, 2020.
- Ludt, Billy (April 4, 2019). "POWERHOME Solar installing a PV array at Cleveland Indians stadium". Solar Power World. Retrieved October 23, 2020.
- Misbrener, Kelsey (July 24, 2018). "Power Home Solar helps Detroit Lions go solar". Solar Power World. Retrieved October 23, 2020.
- Willkom, Mary (August 14, 2020). "Solar Panels Installed at Colts Headquarters". Inside Indiana Business. Retrieved October 23, 2020.
- Downey, John (December 12, 2019). "How Mooresville-based PowerHome Solar scores from its projects at football stadiums". Charlotte Business Journal. Retrieved October 23, 2020.
- Doughty, Nate (April 21, 2020). "Heinz Field installing solar panels in effort to offset energy grid costs". Pittsburgh Business Times. Retrieved October 23, 2020.
- "Car Dealership Sees Sunny Side". Wards Auto. February 5, 2020.
- Welch, Sherri (September 15, 2020). "Pewabic Pottery adds solar panels to historic operation". Crain's Detroit Business. Retrieved October 23, 2020.
This article "Powerhome Solar" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.