|Birth name||Placide Mabengo Baveni Kalumbu|
|Also known as||Papa Inter|
|Born||October 1, 2007|
|Labels||Soulparanos International (since 2016)|
|Add a Photo|
|Citizenship||Democratic Republic of the Congo|
Placide Mabengo Baveni Kalumbu, known as Placide Jr, (Alcalá de Henares, Madrid, October 1, 2007) is a Singer, songwriter, dancer, choreographer from DR Congo. He started musical activities in mid-2010s after forming N'dombolo musical band Mens of the Music, known today as Bakolo Génération International. He started recording his debut album "Sebene Connection" in June 2019 and was later joined by the band since its fondation.
2007–2016, Early years: Childhood and musical debuts
Placide Mabengo was born on October 1, 2007, in Madrid to Congolese parents. He is the second of three brothers. He gained interest in becoming a musician after his dad played for him a Zaïko Langa Langa album. He liked imitating its leader N'Yoka Longo.
Later, at the age of 6, he started recording voicenotes and also attended for a short time in a church choir. He built a low-budget studio in his residence in 2015, and a year later with three classmates: Diego, Christian and Daniel, he formed Mens of the Music, and released a "studio" album on June 19, 2016.
2016–2018, Mens of the Music's lifetime
On June 20, 2016, the band premiered its first album on 2016's end-of-school party. MOTM scheduled many concerts during its existence, some of the include the "called by them" Freedom Concert, the live performance was cancelled after the venue (their school) didn't prepare the concert. Ten days later, Mabengo founded his own label, named Soulparanos, simply at the beggining, renamed Soulparanos International in 2020. Between 2017 and 2018, the group was highly in inactivity. In September 2018, the band released its last song named "Rise and Shine", a song written by himself, Placide Jr. From the next few days, the band stopped its activities.
2019 to present, Recent days
On December 4, 2019, Placide Mabengo reformed Mens of the Music named as Bakolo Génération International. Quickly after the foundation, the single "Chiffre 6" was released digitally a week later.
- 2020; tbr: Sebene Connection
- 2019: Kinshasa - Brazza Mboka Moko
- 2019: Chiffre 6
- 2019: Kitsaka Tsaka
- 2020: Sebene Connection
- 2020: Biloko Ya Korona
- "Placide Jr. Press Kit" (PDF). S o u l p a r a n o s.
- "Placide Jr. & his Bakolo Génération International are preparing "Sebene Connection" !". Africultures. Retrieved 2020-06-13.
- "Placide Jr". Music In Africa. 2020-03-30. Retrieved 2020-06-13.
- "Bakolo Génération International (Short Bio)" (PDF). S o u l p a r a n o s (in français).
- Studio album is referred as "studio" album because the album songs were voice-overs on backing tracks found on YouTube, confirmed by himself, Placide Jr.
- "S o u l p a r a n o s". www.soulparanosintl.online (in español). Retrieved 2020-06-13.
- "Placide Jr. - Fiche Personne sur Africultures". Africultures (in français). Retrieved 2020-06-13.
- Placide Jr & Bakolo Génération International. Chiffre 6. Retrieved 2020-06-13.